income tax personal allowance .

Search this Thread

Old 05 May 2012, 04:54 PM
fatscoobfella1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default income tax personal allowance .

Need a little advice here chaps...

My other half's personal allowance has risen by around £1500 from April 1st..

She thought she may get a few extra quid a week,but there has been no change in her weekly wage..

Anyway we decided to have a look at her wage slips and her "top line" of pay has been dropped so her "bottom line" of pay stayed identical to what it was before the hike in allowance...

She went into her boss(there is only 3 people including owner who work there) and asked for an explanation... He got all flustered and said the accountant had made a mistake and he will sort it out.. He then said he had been onto accountant and it was the 1st week any descrepancy in pay had happened... We pulled her wage slips and it has happened for 4 weeks..

The amount of money is minimal and really not worth worrying about..Thee top line dropped £6 from £402 to £396..

So..... I think her boss was trying to pull a fast one and hope that she didnt notice...He immedietly ripped up the wage slips presented and told her that new ones would be made up..I doubt this..

I feel like smacking the cheeky little tw@t in the mouth and getting her out of there.

Is it even remotely possible the external accountant could drop a clients wages?? If not he is blatantly lying to her...
He also spun a line about the wages being paid in cash made this happen...

Whats the general thoughts about this ?
Old 05 May 2012, 05:12 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

scamming ******. he had no right to tear up HER wageslips. covering his *** in case the **** hits the fan.
Old 05 May 2012, 05:24 PM
fatscoobfella1
Scooby Regular

Yea..

Why would he do this??

Surely it saves him next to nothing over a year..??

To say im absolutly fuming is an understatment.. I just need info that it definatly couldnt be the accountant.... I cant see how it could be..
Old 05 May 2012, 05:34 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

The cheeky swine. Trying to keep the increase in personal tax allowance for himself.
I would threaten the beggar with informing the Revenue.
Old 05 May 2012, 05:35 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nothing to do with revenue........it's an employment contract issue. Breach of contract and all that.

Git

Shaun
Old 05 May 2012, 05:38 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by Midlife......
Nothing to do with revenue........it's an employment contract issue. Breach of contract and all that.

Git

Shaun
If he has fiddled her wages, so the increase in allowance does not affect her, I would think the Revenue would be very interested
Old 05 May 2012, 06:04 PM
fatscoobfella1
Scooby Regular

She has never been given an employment contract,she has worked there for 8 years now..

Surely its illegal to drop anyones wages without informing them ?

Like i say,has he informed the accountants to do it,or has the accountant took powers into his own hands and done it anyway ??

Either way.....its not good form... Its not the couple of quid,but what must he really think of my missus to try and swindle her out of her tax break ?

Thats what rattling me so much i guess..
Old 05 May 2012, 06:35 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HMRC simply take their slice and are not interested in what the individual is paid.

There is a contract in place....."you will work for me and I will pay you so much". If he unilaterally reduces pay then he is in breach of contract.

Shaun
Old 05 May 2012, 06:41 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

All smells wrong. U don't make such mistakes with payroll. That has been done deliberately imo.

If it was me I would ring the inland revenue n recommend they do a payroll audit.
Old 07 May 2012, 01:04 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

He wants stuffing!

Les
Old 07 May 2012, 03:21 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by fatscoobfella1
She has never been given an employment contract,she has worked there for 8 years now..
...well that's illegal for a start!!!!

See Directgov - Employment contracts

mb
Old 07 May 2012, 03:51 PM
fatscoobfella1
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the input..

I very much think he has tried to have her over,and is essentially taking the **** out of her..

Im not having it at all,even if he does put all things right this week(and im sure he will now he has been rumbled)im just not prepared to put up with it.

Im not sure what to do at the moment..I think that if i see him i couldnt help but say something to him and that would cause unease for my missus at work...

Its essentially ruined my bank holiday weekend,as things like this whizz around in my mind non stop...

I will keep taking the tablets.............lol.............
Old 07 May 2012, 03:55 PM
SCOOBYOLS46
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatscoobfella1
Need a little advice here chaps...

My other half's personal allowance has risen by around £1500 from April 1st..

She thought she may get a few extra quid a week,but there has been no change in her weekly wage..

Anyway we decided to have a look at her wage slips and her "top line" of pay has been dropped so her "bottom line" of pay stayed identical to what it was before the hike in allowance...

She went into her boss(there is only 3 people including owner who work there) and asked for an explanation... He got all flustered and said the accountant had made a mistake and he will sort it out.. He then said he had been onto accountant and it was the 1st week any descrepancy in pay had happened... We pulled her wage slips and it has happened for 4 weeks..

The amount of money is minimal and really not worth worrying about..Thee top line dropped £6 from £402 to £396..

So..... I think her boss was trying to pull a fast one and hope that she didnt notice...He immedietly ripped up the wage slips presented and told her that new ones would be made up..I doubt this..

I feel like smacking the cheeky little tw@t in the mouth and getting her out of there.

Is it even remotely possible the external accountant could drop a clients wages?? If not he is blatantly lying to her...
He also spun a line about the wages being paid in cash made this happen...

Whats the general thoughts about this ?

personally i would report it mate as it sounds very suspicious . if he had nothing to hide then why would he have torn the payslip up . it's private and confidential stuff so only person who can rip a payslip up is the owner of it e.g ur misses