Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2012, 08:00 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charity Dyno Day

Copied from Pistonheads:-

Hi

I am helping to raise funds for a Lotus owner whose 10 year old son Joe has Duchennes Muscular Dystrophy. Dad Stewart is building an electric powered wheelchair to help Joe get a little independence. TDI at Lakeside, Thurrock -http://www.tdi-plc.com/index.php?pge=C_news -have kindly offered a day at their dyno on the 12th May. I 'm looking for minimum donations of 30.00 to have a single dyno run and printout of your wheel hp.
If you want to really know what your car kicks out and help Joe to get some independence contact me on
brusselsangel@hotmail.com to book a slot.

I'll be there with my Lotus Evora S if anyone wants a look round.
Thanks.

Paul

Joe's story is below
Joe is a 10 year old buy with Duchennes muscular dystrophy and the condition has developed to a point where, with supreme effort and great courage and determination, Joe can stand up before collapsing back into his wheelchair. However he no longer has the strength in his arms to propel the wheelchair along anything other than the smoothest of polished floors, and then only with great effort.
Joe would like to get just a little of the independence that we all enjoy as a basic part of life- independence of movement, without being pushed around at someone else’s whim. A wheelchair with electric motors and chunky tyres will allow Joe to move independently of his parents. It will allow him to go outside the house by himself. It will allow him to storm off in a tantrum, like any other nascent teenager. It will allow him to have a small part of his life to call his own.

Joe’s dad is an ex signals engineer, he has decided that if he can raise the money for the components he has the skills to build such a chair for his son. Joe’s Dad and family and friends, and supporters, have raised most of the money needed by carrying out various activities including a 10 mile sponsored swim.
I would like to see Joe get that chair before this years summer holidays while before he loses even more muscle function as time passes. This dyno day will do that.

Here is the link.....http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...w%20petrolhead

Worthwhile cause I'm sure you'll agree.
Old 17 April 2012, 08:52 PM
classic scooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Luck