Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone here a Planning Consultant?

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2012, 11:35 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone here a Planning Consultant?

Hi all,

Have a small matter of planning permission being rejected by my local council and being told to close up shop immediately, despite that leaving our customers with nowhere to go, 4 or 5 staff out of a job and so on.

Don't want to go into detail on here, but am casting my net as far and wide as possible in order to get some advice I can trust.

TIA.

Asif
Old 13 April 2012, 07:39 AM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

And you come to Scoobynet. I'd suggest google planning consultants in your area.

You have not been running a business without planning permission, applied for retrospective permission, the town planning dept have rejected your application. Sometimes these planners wheel alot of power
I know I have been on the losing side of two failed planning appeals to the inspectorate

Last edited by andy97; 13 April 2012 at 07:50 AM.
Old 13 April 2012, 11:25 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by AsifScoob
Hi all,

Have a small matter of planning permission being rejected by my local council and being told to close up shop immediately, despite that leaving our customers with nowhere to go, 4 or 5 staff out of a job and so on.

Don't want to go into detail on here, but am casting my net as far and wide as possible in order to get some advice I can trust.

TIA.

Asif
Hi Asif
I think Saxo Boy used to be in planning. Not seen him about recently but might be worth sending him a pm.
Old 13 April 2012, 12:25 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

I am pretty sure you can appeal that to comittee but if possible try to take the councill to court for some error they have made on your application, planners are oftern lying little ****ers and they will often reject a perfectly good application if a counciller is pressuring them in some way. 99% of planning consultants are **** so make sure you get a case history to see what they have actually done before you employ them
Old 13 April 2012, 12:57 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

sorry mate but something sounds very dodgy about that, are we talking retrospective PP?
Old 13 April 2012, 04:55 PM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

As a developer i have amassed quite abit of knowledge on planning law and have had cause to use consultants on many occasions.

without obviously knowing the full details the fact planners have closed your premises and put at jeapordy jobs and presumably your livelihood , means this can't be considerd a "small matter".

Unless there are serious safety implications or an infrigment of somones rights ie building on someone else's property without permission then planners wouldnt close anything down without first giving you the opportunity of at least applying for retrospective consent.
Old 14 April 2012, 02:59 AM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andy97
And you come to Scoobynet. I'd suggest google planning consultants in your area.

You have not been running a business without planning permission, applied for retrospective permission, the town planning dept have rejected your application. Sometimes these planners wheel alot of power
I know I have been on the losing side of two failed planning appeals to the inspectorate
I've done that and spoken to a couple. Always good to get a personal recommendation though.

Asif
Old 14 April 2012, 03:00 AM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lee247
Hi Asif
I think Saxo Boy used to be in planning. Not seen him about recently but might be worth sending him a pm.
Cheers Lee. Never a bad idea to get the perspective from the other side of the fence. I will see how I get on. Thanks.
Old 14 April 2012, 03:03 AM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
I am pretty sure you can appeal that to comittee but if possible try to take the councill to court for some error they have made on your application, planners are oftern lying little ****ers and they will often reject a perfectly good application if a counciller is pressuring them in some way. 99% of planning consultants are **** so make sure you get a case history to see what they have actually done before you employ them
Parts of that sound VERY familiar, unfortunately! One of the consultants I had spoken to, did provide me with Appeal documents they had submitted for a very similar issue to ours. Thanks.

Asif
Old 14 April 2012, 03:14 AM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
sorry mate but something sounds very dodgy about that, are we talking retrospective PP?
Sorry of your Spider senses are tingling Mr T, but I would not do something dodgy and then come on here to shout about it!

I deliberately left out the full story and want to be careful. I don't wish to be accused of promoting my (Wifes) business on here, neither do I want to air my dirty laundry too much, so to speak, but mainly because it is quite dull.

I believe the Planning Dept call it RPP, as you say, but to me it isn't. The nature of her business is that it is subject to a huge degree of legislation, regulation, and bureaucracy and what I would term, at a highher level than the local council. The minute we were informed that we needed local PP, we inquired about it. Needless to say they had a different view on the matter.

I now have one part of the Council sending us business and another part of the same coucil trying to close us down. Makes perfect sense in the looney World that these people live in.

Is that ok?

Asif
Old 14 April 2012, 03:17 AM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mattstant
As a developer i have amassed quite abit of knowledge on planning law and have had cause to use consultants on many occasions.

without obviously knowing the full details the fact planners have closed your premises and put at jeapordy jobs and presumably your livelihood , means this can't be considerd a "small matter".

Unless there are serious safety implications or an infrigment of somones rights ie building on someone else's property without permission then planners wouldnt close anything down without first giving you the opportunity of at least applying for retrospective consent.
Mr Stant,

I am happy to bore you with the details if you so wish? If you are able to furnish me with some useful details too that would be great. Please pm me if you are ok with that. Thanks.

Asif
Old 14 April 2012, 08:53 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Parts of that sound VERY familiar, unfortunately! One of the consultants I had spoken to, did provide me with Appeal documents they had submitted for a very similar issue to ours. Thanks.

Asif
Without going into detail we had a cast iron application refused because one councillor decided to win favour by putting lots of pressure on the planning dept. Interestingly enough the list of people who quite blatantly lied thruogh their teeth in opposition was breathtaking. In the end a judge took about thirty seconds to deal with it and rule in our .In revenge the business, which used to deal exclusivlely with executive clients now works with scummy homeless and crackheads as way of thanks to the scumbags who told out and out lies in opposition. They now have to put up with a load of criminals and crack heads nearby their big flashy houses.
Old 15 April 2012, 09:43 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Without going into detail we had a cast iron application refused because one councillor decided to win favour by putting lots of pressure on the planning dept. Interestingly enough the list of people who quite blatantly lied thruogh their teeth in opposition was breathtaking. In the end a judge took about thirty seconds to deal with it and rule in our .In revenge the business, which used to deal exclusivlely with executive clients now works with scummy homeless and crackheads as way of thanks to the scumbags who told out and out lies in opposition. They now have to put up with a load of criminals and crack heads nearby their big flashy houses.
How long ago was that please? TBH I would be very happy if a Judge looked at it, but from what I understand this would only ever get to Court if I wasn't playing ball and they wanted to invoke harsher measures for Control Breaches.

It's just the local level people left to deal with it by the looks of it and they are not much cop to be honest.

Asif
Old 16 April 2012, 11:10 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

This was 2 years ago , have you appealed the descision yet ?
Old 16 April 2012, 12:37 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Sorry of your Spider senses are tingling Mr T, but I would not do something dodgy and then come on here to shout about it!

I deliberately left out the full story and want to be careful. I don't wish to be accused of promoting my (Wifes) business on here, neither do I want to air my dirty laundry too much, so to speak, but mainly because it is quite dull.

I believe the Planning Dept call it RPP, as you say, but to me it isn't. The nature of her business is that it is subject to a huge degree of legislation, regulation, and bureaucracy and what I would term, at a highher level than the local council. The minute we were informed that we needed local PP, we inquired about it. Needless to say they had a different view on the matter.

I now have one part of the Council sending us business and another part of the same coucil trying to close us down. Makes perfect sense in the looney World that these people live in.

Is that ok?

Asif
ah, yeah if its rpp then it makes more sence lol

my advice is seek some real legal advice, have they given exact reasons why the rpp was refused?
Old 17 April 2012, 04:25 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

This was 2 years ago , have you appealed the descision yet ?

Appeal is the next stage I think. That's why I need the PC.
Old 17 April 2012, 04:30 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
ah, yeah if its rpp then it makes more sence lol

my advice is seek some real legal advice, have they given exact reasons why the rpp was refused?
The consensus around seems to be that PLanning Consultants are at the right level to deal with this. They are familiar with all of the legals.

I have spoken to a couple now. One who has dealt with this sort of problem has reassured me that they cannot just close us down, as per my first post.

So we will see.