Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

my partners car has just been stolen.

Search this Thread

Old 02 March 2012, 10:23 AM
Mus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my partners car has just been stolen.

woke up this morning both ready to go to work, as she was about to leave she says he car ain't there and If I hide the car for a laugh. I look out the window her car ain't on the drive.

I have double glazed door to the front of the house I locked it last night not sure how they opened it. got in took her keys along with house keys log book and service history in the car. I always tell her don't keep it there women never listen. to add insult to Injury police are currently taking my pitbul to court to register her so she wasn't Here she would of properly went over to them and scared them off. but the police have till next week what a start to the day.

her car was cat c what would insurance companies pay out? 20% below Market value?

if anyone sees anything please let me know it's mini cooper s in White jcw factory body kit reg kc06 vvz.

police said they will come in three days, not sure why I pay taxes.
Old 02 March 2012, 10:24 AM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Unbeleivable mate, pure f***ing scumbags!!

Hope you get it recovered okay.
Old 02 March 2012, 10:27 AM
Mus
Scooby Regular

how much should a good alarm cost?
Old 02 March 2012, 10:28 AM
Mus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hanley

Hope you get it recovered okay.
I hope we do but I doubt it police won't come for another 3 days, I've got to Change locks so all finger prints will be gone by then.

thanks mate
Old 02 March 2012, 10:54 AM
max1342
Scooby Regular

finger prints , thats a joke all you get in this day and age is a crime number and we will be in touch

hopefully they will get caught stealing from the wrong sort of people one day hope you get some good news soon
Old 02 March 2012, 11:18 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Sorry to here that mate, one thing you honestly saying that you were told it will be three days before the police come around ??
Old 02 March 2012, 11:32 AM
Mus
Scooby Regular

I've got the police officer to come over now but not for the burlgary but for me to sign legal paper work regarding my dog. don't you just love the system.

thanks guys and yes three days before they get down here.

Trending Topics

Old 02 March 2012, 11:58 AM
Mus
Scooby Regular

quick update the police officer that came for me to sign the papper work for my dog was pretty shocked why they said three days so apparently forensic guys are going to be here in a few hours but I had the locks changed since they said three days.
Old 02 March 2012, 12:32 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Mus
I've got the police officer to come over now but not for the burlgary but for me to sign legal paper work regarding my dog.
Is he a suspect?
Old 02 March 2012, 04:29 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

3 days for a bruglary.....?

Thats bizarre to say the least - stuff like that is a priority for us and we get there as soon as, normally within the hour.

Not sure what happens to fingerprints now since the government closed the foresic science service. I know the last set of forensic stuff i sent off was laughed at and disappeared.
Old 02 March 2012, 04:52 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

We were burgled in 2008 and had police on scene within 15mins and SOCO the following morning.

Steve
Old 02 March 2012, 05:06 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mus
I have double glazed door to the front of the house I locked it last night not sure how they opened it.
http://www.ukbumpkeys.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lock_bumping

Even tutorials on YouTube. This method has decreased recently as anti-bump locks have made it a little harder, so now they simply snap Euro cylinder locks.
Old 02 March 2012, 06:37 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

thanks for all the links and advice guys, apparently speaking to the forensic lady she said a lot of houses were rubbed around here.

I think we might be putting the house for sale now
Old 02 March 2012, 07:32 PM
Johnny E
Scooby Regular

Got to get an alarm bud and put it on of a night. Hope things get sorted bud............
Old 02 March 2012, 07:52 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear this, at least you two are OK. We where burgled and it took me a long time to get back to sleeping properly and feeling safe and secure in my own home.
Old 02 March 2012, 08:11 PM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

police said they will come in three days, not sure why I pay taxes.

yep thats the fuzz for you !!!!!
Old 02 March 2012, 08:12 PM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

oops !!
Old 02 March 2012, 09:15 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Change the locks for anti-bump and anti-snap, and add a second lock which can only be opened from the inside, and maybe a third lockable from the exterior. We also use the door chain overnight. Make sure windows are protected too. Add an alarm, and maybe think about CCTV. All in, you could protect your house for less than £1k, much cheaper than moving, and wherever you move, crime won't be far away.
Old 02 March 2012, 09:52 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

I'm super paranoid should make for an interesting night tonight, I think the whole alarm or camera thing ain't going to happen mrs ( the boss)made her mind up . happy wife happy life. we selling the house and the next house we buy we are planning on alarms lots of locks and maybe CCTV.

you never think it will happen to you but it does, lock your door tonight boys.

thank u all for your advice and support
Old 02 March 2012, 09:58 PM
Will
BANNED

Hell of a thing that you feel that you have to sell your own home!!!!

So sorry to hear Mus. Wish you all the best mate.
Old 02 March 2012, 09:59 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

So, you're gonna spunk a shedload of cash on moving, then another shedload doing the same stuff you could do to your current house. Unless you live in a relative war zone, you'll get the same problems wherever you go. Thieves are mobile, and the nicer the area, the nicer the stuff to nick.
Old 02 March 2012, 11:19 PM
dnc
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear this Mus...........I went through the same thing just over a year ago. Broke in, stole keys and a few other bits and bobs. I didn't hear a thing. Police were here within an hour and forensics not much long after. Does shake you up a bit.

You never think it will happen to you..........

I got extra locks and little things to make life that little bit more difficult for the scumbags. Makes you feel a bit more secure. Police 'knew' who did it but could never pin the down with hard evidence.

Hope things get sorted for you and the mrs and last but not least don't let the toerags get you down!
Old 03 March 2012, 07:08 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Sounds either like Vamoosing (sp) or similar

Its a quite common form of B&E for double glazed propertys

There are two varients, the first is you leave the keys in sight of the door, and the keysare lited using a long pole or similar...

The second, which is so simple is unbelieveable , they open the door from outside....no keys no force, and in they go and vamoose, no car, no phone, no wallet.

How is it done.....

Easy peasy..... studies have shown over 90% of people with double glazed front doors, do not lock them at night.

All they do is engage the deadbolt system, by lifting the handle or similar, from the outside the door is locked, from the inside the door is only bolted.

All the happy twoccer has to do is open the letterbox, slip a pole or handle through, Push/Pull the handle down, open the door and viola, in out and youve been vamoosed.

Once they close the door behind them, theres no sign of a forced entry.

Moral of the tale, lock the door with keys at night, if your worried about not being able to find keys in case of fire, turn them them past the detent point in the lock, they wont come out, but there a pig to get out from outside , and there in the door in case of a rapid exit

Its been our local tv news, its quite well known to plod

Mart

Last edited by mart360; 03 March 2012 at 07:10 AM.
Old 03 March 2012, 08:12 AM
billyray911
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't think you've mentioned it,but what area was your car nicked from?
Might help for us,when were looking out for it.
Also,apart from the bodykit,is there anything unique to your car(specific alloys/old damage etc)?
Old 03 March 2012, 08:46 AM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Are you moving just because of the burglary? If so that is a bit ott isn't it? As Corradoboy said it doesn't matter where you go there is crime.

I was burgled about six years ago and looking at the house after the fact it was a sitting duck. It was a very traumatic experience.

The house now has centrally monitored alarm system, panic buttons, floodlights and 8 cctv cameras. The whole point is to make the house seem like too much hassle to burgle, so that the burglar moves onto the next house that will be an easier target
Old 03 March 2012, 09:15 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

I would also counter that having too much visible security would make people think, "what's worth protecting in that house?".........

Family peace of mind is worth more than the cash - if Wifey wanted to move after this type of thing, I'd put the board up too.
Old 03 March 2012, 09:22 AM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
I would also counter that having too much visible security would make people think, "what's worth protecting in that house?".........

Family peace of mind is worth more than the cash - if Wifey wanted to move after this type of thing, I'd put the board up too.

That did occur to me as well and have only added the cctv cameras recently. On balance I felt that the deterrent value of the cctv outweighed the issue you mentioned. You make a valid point though.
Old 03 March 2012, 10:08 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that, Mus.

I was burgled a few years ago. We were asleep in our attic bedroom, thankfully my kids were away, and the burglars walked in; only to steal our mobile phones. They were not interested in our laptops and cams that were also left on charge downstairs. Ex's Audi's keys were fiddled with, and thrown on the floor. Perhaps they were after my Scooby keys, but couldn't find it; I don't know. It was my own Landline cordless near my sleeping ear that alarmed me at 3.00am. After exiting, burglars rang my house phone from my Matrix Nokia mobile that they had stolen. I did try waking the Mister, but to no avail. I came down, and after finding our mobile phones absent and the front door open ajar, I went back up and rolled the Mister about in bed repeatedly and wake him up. After inspecting for 2 minutes, he declared that we were burgled. Police did come in next hour, told me that they had a serious accident to deal with (which they did, in all fairness). The next morning, a forensic copper came to take all the finger prints, shoe prints and the lot. The CID officer came in after 3 weeks to talk to me, only to express that my masks and the ornaments in my living room were very spooky to him! What a lightweight. He refused to chase the burglars via locating my mobile phone, ad asked me to pursue it myself. So did I- via my mobile phone company. Ex rang my stolen mobile phone and even got to talk to the theif's bad lady in Ellesmere Port. I gave all the results to the Police. We later found out that 2 cars were also pinched from our neighbourhood on the same night, and my GP's surgery in the town also broken into for Methadone. The same gang of burglers was the suspect for all these crimes of that night. Anyway, the end result was that we did get money from our expensive mobs from our insurance company, but the Police never caught the burglars. My sleep was spoilt for a few years to come, as it happens. I stayed on high alert in the nights for a long time. Being burgled is ****, mate. Our area is supposed to be a very low crime area, but it wasn't spared. Our assumption of us being safer than others was shattered.

Easy. Hope you get your sense of safety back with some peace of mind, if not any justice.

Last edited by Turbohot; 03 March 2012 at 10:09 PM.
Old 03 March 2012, 11:21 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's threads like this that make me glad we have a triple reinforced door, with a five point deadbolt.

Door has to be locked from the inside each night, and it has a cat 6 security lock.

Even the police can't bash these ones in, does cost £1600 mind!!!

Op - Hope you catch the buggers.
Old 03 March 2012, 11:59 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hux309
It's threads like this that make me glad we have a triple reinforced door, with a five point deadbolt.

Door has to be locked from the inside each night, and it has a cat 6 security lock.

Even the police can't bash these ones in, does cost £1600 mind!!!

Op - Hope you catch the buggers.
350 Quid = Pistol
210 Quid = A lot of Pellets

Total = 560 Quid

Bring it.

Quick Reply: my partners car has just been stolen.