Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Snake/Endoscope USB Cameras ?

Search this Thread

Old 13 February 2012, 12:17 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Snake/Endoscope USB Cameras ?

Anyone used one ? an thinking of the cheaper USB Ebay types, doesn't have to be fancy but don't want to buy a useless POS, just want it to check the sills on my car and any other awkward to get to spots, thinking that even a £20 job should do me as long as it produces some kind of picture, don't want one with a dedicated screen and don't want to spend loads.
Old 13 February 2012, 01:01 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had one a couple of years ago. The picture was very noisy, which is a big deal for something likely to be used in dark corners where there's not much light available anyway. Also the lens wasn't set up properly, so it would only focus on things a couple of inches in front of it, everything else was blurred.

In short, it was crap, and I sent it back.
Old 13 February 2012, 01:09 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

good idea,

i saw his other one the other day, prefer yours
Old 13 February 2012, 04:25 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

You'll be able to see the inside of your colon, too.
Old 13 February 2012, 04:34 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zip106
You'll be able to see the inside of your colon, too.
It was only time before someone suggested an alternative use to sticking it down the plug hole and inspecting your valves!

JohnD
Old 13 February 2012, 05:14 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JohnD
It was only time before someone suggested an alternative use to sticking it down the plug hole and inspecting your valves!

JohnD
I'm here all week
Old 13 February 2012, 10:02 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Ordered one off Ebay, was £30, will report back and post some pictures of my Sphincter,

Or J4ckos mate as he is better known on here
Old 13 February 2012, 10:49 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

I got one, report much like AndyC, but I kept it. The focal length and illumination as well as definition stop it being terribly useful sadly.
Old 13 February 2012, 11:03 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Er an endoscope goes up your tradesmans entrance Even with Vaseline it might be a bit hard to push into yourself AND look at the video feed.
Old 13 February 2012, 11:07 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

I think it would be quite easy actually, but it isn't an entrance, rather an exit

Now please, no attendances at A/E claiming that you sat on your snakescope. Perf of bowel would be nasty.
Old 13 February 2012, 11:15 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by john banks
I think it would be quite easy actually, but it isn't an entrance, rather an exit

Now please, no attendances at A/E claiming that you sat on your snakescope. Perf of bowel would be nasty.
PSML.

It is an entrance as far as the camera is concerned

Have you never smashed anyones back doors in either?
Old 13 February 2012, 11:17 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Ordered one off Ebay, was £30, will report back and post some pictures of my Sphincter,

Or J4ckos mate as he is better known on here
You could try your urethra too, but wash it first if using it for that after doing your colon.
Old 13 February 2012, 11:35 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

It is ten mill wide, it isn't going up there
Old 13 February 2012, 11:37 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Not that even given the wider bore of the other option I have any desires to have a nosey up there, that is purely for medical proffessionals, like john with his well greased finger and surgical gloves !
Old 14 February 2012, 09:32 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

that is purely for medical proffessionals, like john with his well greased finger and surgical gloves !
When he says he is about in insert 'the snake' he is not talking about a camera.
Old 14 February 2012, 05:25 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
You could try your urethra too, but wash it first if using it for that after doing your colon.
I have had a camera up both lower entry points and boy did it make my eyes water.
Old 14 February 2012, 06:15 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip
I have had a camera up both lower entry points and boy did it make my eyes water.

Did you wash the camera between entry points?
Old 14 February 2012, 06:19 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dingdongler
Did you wash the camera between entry points?
As the occasions were 12 months apart I hope they did
Old 14 February 2012, 06:37 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

I've had a urethral swab before, and I can say that was the most awful medical thing I have had done to me...the plastic thingy nips a bit of flesh away for testing and it took months to feel ok again (still not 100% though).

I cannot imagine how bad it would be to have a camera shoved up there.
Old 14 February 2012, 07:44 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

It wasn't just a camera up there. I had a 13mm bladder stone removed so had a camera and all the other associated tooling shoved up the old chap as well.
Not painful at the time as I was knocked out but bloody painful after and for about 2 weeks as well. The catheter wasn't much fun either but I pissed like an elephant after it was taken out

Last edited by Chip; 14 February 2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 14 February 2012, 07:46 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

It wasn't just a camera up there. I had a 13mm bladder stone removed so had a camera and all the other associated tooling shoved up the old chap as well.
not painful at the time as I was knocked out but bloody painful after and for about 2 weeks after as well. The catheter wasn't much fun either but I pissed like an elephant afterwards
You poor soul.
Old 14 February 2012, 08:13 PM
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular

I've had a urethral swab before, and I can say that was the most awful medical thing I have had done to me...the plastic thingy nips a bit of flesh away for testing and it took months to feel ok again (still not 100% though).

Usually done for STDs? You want steer clear of those male prostitutes
Old 14 February 2012, 09:25 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

You haven't lived until you have had an aged Indian doctor burning the warts off your **** with a soldering iron type implement, nothing like the smell of your smoked sausage wafting up and then the pain when the anesthetic wears off.
Old 15 February 2012, 03:45 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Anyone used one ? an thinking of the cheaper USB Ebay types, doesn't have to be fancy but don't want to buy a useless POS, just want it to check the sills on my car and any other awkward to get to spots, thinking that even a £20 job should do me as long as it produces some kind of picture, don't want one with a dedicated screen and don't want to spend loads.
Mark, if you can see it on the outside, then theyre knackered already. Dont be put off by some of the silly talk about prices to repair them though - Id expect £400 -£500 to see them made good and painted well enough to last another ten years.

The real concern is the area where the rear torsion tube mounts to the body and you dont need to look through a vent to see that.
Old 15 February 2012, 12:42 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

I have a camera up my chipolata, looking into my bladder, then, they filled bladder with water to have a good nosey around, oh and a prostrate exam which i didnt know was coming either,

the urge to we is incredible, i dont know how i didnt,

i sppose its nothing in comparison to child birth but you know how we blokes are
Old 15 February 2012, 01:04 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
Mark, if you can see it on the outside, then theyre knackered already. Dont be put off by some of the silly talk about prices to repair them though - Id expect £400 -£500 to see them made good and painted well enough to last another ten years.

The real concern is the area where the rear torsion tube mounts to the body and you dont need to look through a vent to see that.
There isnt anything showing on the cills, as in the hollow sections under the doors, the bits I can see, from the outside are some surface rust behind the rear wheels where its knocked the stone chip off on both sides, no worries on that, treat, sand, re stone chip and paint, there is a patch on the NSF wing at the bottom about an inch by half an inch which I will probably cut out and weld a patch in, the other bit which you could say is on the cills is in front of the Near side rear wheel right at the end which isnt the box section or near any mounting points, its the bit where you can see both sides so I am not all that concerned and am fairly confident I can tackle it myself but want to get a good look through the vents to check internally if there is anything that hasnt manifested itself on the outside yet and also to check under the battery tray as its hard to get at and looks a bit crusty but is still solid, it was full of stuff that has acumulated like the old earth strap, a remote control for a portable telly, old sockets, screwdrivers and all sorts of crap.

Worst comes to the worst I have cash set aside for dealing with it, and at the end of the day, its a four grand car, just thinking I need to catch things over the summer to protect that four grand, also my dad wants to check a water loss on my mums car.
Old 15 February 2012, 01:05 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate
I have a camera up my chipolata, looking into my bladder, then, they filled bladder with water to have a good nosey around, oh and a prostrate exam which i didnt know was coming either,

i sppose its nothing in comparison to child birth but you know how we blokes are
You all need to know, this wasnt a medical examination, was pleasure, not business !
Old 15 February 2012, 01:39 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate

Child birth is quite natural. Having a thing shoved up your urethra is completely not natural! Besides I think for blokes it is a no-no just psychological like having something shoved up your bum! It is like being violated a bit, that is how I felt.
Old 15 February 2012, 03:57 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Child birth is quite natural. Having a thing shoved up your urethra is completely not natural! Besides I think for blokes it is a no-no just psychological like having something shoved up your bum! It is like being violated a bit, that is how I felt.
We still talking medical procedures ?

I think us blokes are a little touchy about this but alledgedly we are all geared up for it being pleasurable, hence why a good Poo is enjoyable. Our male pride and desire to reinforce our hetero credentials means we dont partake or pretend we dont
Old 15 February 2012, 04:01 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

We still talking medical procedures ?

I think us blokes are a little touchy about this but alledgedly we are all geared up for it being pleasurable, hence why a good Poo is enjoyable. Our male pride and desire to reinforce our hetero credentials means we dont partake or pretend we dont
Hmm I was thinking for a man having an orifice penetrated is a kind of a natural violation unless he is the other way inclined. It's got nothing to do with 'pride'. Wome otoh are made to be penetrated.

Quick Reply: Snake/Endoscope USB Cameras ?