Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Samsung 3d tv

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2012, 08:07 PM
scooby doo 99
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Samsung 3d tv

Has anyone got a samsung led tv? i am looking at getting a ue46d7000 and wanted to know peoples opinions on them. Ive got a samsung Plasma at the moment and the screen is shot. So not sure if led is the way forward.
Old 07 February 2012, 08:30 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my opinion its a bit like your favourite **** star, looks awesome initally and seems to have all the right moves but at the end of the day it's all a bit fake much like the image given by the D7000/8000 series.
Old 07 February 2012, 08:36 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Yes, I have one. Not sure which model but it's a new one with a thin white border.

I didn't buy it for the 3d factor though, more for the smart tv feature with iplayer and stuff built in and for the looks (look awesome with no border) It's got built in wireless which works very nicely, also has usb slots so you can record on hard drive.

I asked the bloke what the downside of LED was, to which he replied 'nothing' when they had them on demo in the shop fast moving left to right stuff was sort of leaving a trail. I memtioned that to him but he dismissed it as a problem with their demo. That is indeed the only downside I can see, fast scrolling stuff leaves a sort of slight trail. With LCD the thing that always bugged me was pixelation on certain things, one of the worst being close ups of running water for instance. The led set does water perfectly, and it does black properly. Blue ray looks amazing on it, I tried my old led tv after with a blue ray and it's like going back to crt with an aerial.
Old 07 February 2012, 08:53 PM
scooby doo 99
Scooby Regular

I am led to believe that LED is the way to go and after my plasma only lasting 4 years i won't get another. All of the reviews i have seen seem good and the samsung seems to come out on top. I probably won't use most of the features on it and like you i think they look great. I will definitely get a 5 year warranty with it.
Old 07 February 2012, 09:00 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

I have been on the lookout for a new TV for some weeks. Although the LED's look nice, for me the picture looks a little bit too fake, as already mentioned.

I was planning on getting a 50" Panasonic Plasma as they seem to get good reviews, however, after looking through AVforums they seem to have a few issues (green blobs/50hz issues etc)!!!

It also depends what you use it for, from what I gather plasma is better if you are going to be playing games on them as they have better response times than the LED's.

AVforums is worth a look if you haven't been on there already. Although I will warn you now, if you have your mind made up 99.9% of what TV you want, you will come off AVForums not knowing what dam TV to get as every TV seems to have a fault of some kind and you will get as many people recommend one TV as another!!!!

Make sure whatever you get you get a 5 year warranty with it.

Oh, and you might want to give it another week or too as the new 2012 models are going to be announced for the UK market, should you be interested in "the latest model". Although, the general view on this seems to be the actual pic quality isn't going to be improved that much on the 2012 sets (unless you got thousands to spend on a OLED TV ) and most manufacturers seem to be harping on about what apps the TV now has. Personally I don't want a TV that I can use skype etc on, im more interested in the pic quality.

Last edited by stiscooby; 07 February 2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07 February 2012, 09:04 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

i have a 50" 3d plasma sammy and my friend just got the 46" led 3d sammy and after setting his up for him i have to say the plasma picture is much more natural. the led looked false and movement looked kinda funny on it too, kinda like when you look at american tv shows and they just look kinda funny cos they are shot in ntsc and not pal. my opinion of course but i think you will notice it as you already had a plasma and are used to it already.
Old 08 February 2012, 09:19 AM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stiscooby
I was planning on getting a 50" Panasonic Plasma as they seem to get good reviews, however, after looking through AVforums they seem to have a few issues (green blobs/50hz issues etc)!!!
I read all the stuff on AVForums but based on the rave reviews most of the press had given it I took the plunge with a Panny TX-P50VT30B and all I can say is it's absolutely stunning. The picture quality is superb, although I wasn't too bothered about the 3D aspects it's very cool.

I have not seen any green blobs nor any of the supposed issues with 50Hz SD pictures. Just sit back and enjoy the big screen HD performance and the deep blacks the panel gives. The guys on AVFourums just seem to look for absolute perfection and seem to be able to spot the tiniest niggle with a screen, while at this price point you expect the screen to be pretty good I doubt it would ever be perfect in their eyes. They even managed to find issues with the supposedly perfect Pioneer plasmas (which Panasonic bought the technology from when they decided to exit the market).

Trending Topics

Old 08 February 2012, 12:38 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Have got a UE55D6530

Great for the three months it was working. Packed up at new year and is still sat on the dining room table waiting for the shower of a company to come and fix it. The TCON board has gone whatever that means and it seems getting parts is a problem (two cancelled engineer visits due to parts not being available).
Old 08 February 2012, 01:32 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scooby doo 99
Has anyone got a samsung led tv? i am looking at getting a ue46d7000 and wanted to know peoples opinions on them. Ive got a samsung Plasma at the moment and the screen is shot. So not sure if led is the way forward.
Take yourself to a shop that sells TV's
Take a blueray with you for that matter and get them to play it and make the choice as to which one YOU think is best.

One man's medicine is another man's poison and all that.
Old 08 February 2012, 04:18 PM
grinch6301
Scooby Regular

I've got the 50" D8000 plasma, was looking at the LED but on the recomendation of a mate who is tech geek i went with the plasma. He reckoned the 2D & 3D picture was much better. Plus the plasmas are a lot cheaper which was nice.