Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Abu Qatada

Search this Thread

Old 07 February 2012, 03:54 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Abu Qatada

The European Court of Human Rights has ruled that this nasty little man, an illegal immigrant, cannot be sent back to Jordan because he may face trial and some of the evidence against him may have been obtained through torture - note not that Qatada himself would be tortured on his return. A British judge has said that he should be released from prison in UK.

There was a very sensible chap talking to Paxman last night saying that the European Court had no real powers as to what UK decided and that many EC countries including France & Italy had ignored court rulings in the past and just gone ahead with what they felt was right. In other words throw Qatada on the next plane back to Jordan and for the govt to stop behaving like a big girl's blouse.

This seems eminently sensible to me?

dl
Old 07 February 2012, 04:07 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
The European Court of Human Rights has ruled that this nasty little man, an illegal immigrant, cannot be sent back to Jordan because he may face trial and some of the evidence against him may have been obtained through torture - note not that Qatada himself would be tortured on his return. A British judge has said that he should be released from prison in UK.

There was a very sensible chap talking to Paxman last night saying that the European Court had no real powers as to what UK decided and that many EC countries including France & Italy had ignored court rulings in the past and just gone ahead with what they felt was right. In other words throw Qatada on the next plane back to Jordan and for the govt to stop behaving like a big girl's blouse.

This seems eminently sensible to me?

dl
Totally agree, also how France has got around this is to get the countries such as Jordan to state that they will not torture anybody returned - once they are returned who really cares what happens to them as it is up to the country what they do with ther own terrorists and such like. These people like Qatada choose these paths and their actions knowing full well what can happen and then they come to the UK knowing that the country and laws of the land they despise and want to destroy will protect them - **** them, send them back!
Old 07 February 2012, 04:10 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

I'll pay for his ticket
Old 07 February 2012, 04:15 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Zohan
Totally agree, also how France has got around this is to get the countries such as Jordan to state that they will not torture anybody returned - once they are returned who really cares what happens to them as it is up to the country what they do with ther own terrorists and such like. These people like Qatada choose these paths and their actions knowing full well what can happen and then they come to the UK knowing that the country and laws of the land they despise and want to destroy will protect them - **** them, send them back!

The UK also has a similar Memorandum of Understanding but this was not enough as it was felt the evidence against him may have come from tortured witnesses. dl
Old 07 February 2012, 04:17 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

This guy should be put on the next plane out, who cares what happens to him
Old 07 February 2012, 04:19 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Zohan
Can't argue with that at all.
Old 07 February 2012, 04:22 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamescsti
This guy should be put on the next plane out, who cares what happens to him

Trouble is the doors on these old planes they use have a habit of breaking open mid flight........

dl

Trending Topics

Old 07 February 2012, 04:24 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

You know what they say,...keep your friends close and your enemy closer...The British Government/public would have no guarentees as to what if anything would happen to him if he was returned, at least if he is here he would be under constant surveillance by Intelligence (you'd hope) which would limit his anti-terrorist activities. If returned, he may not even face any trial and could be left unhindered to plan/recruit/train/preach terrorism. I'm not saying this is ideal, but he is here in this country and this could be the lesser of the two evils if he were to remain outside of prison. country and this could be the lesser of the two evils if he were to remain outside of prison.
Old 07 February 2012, 04:25 PM
RobJenks
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

He should be returned piece meal via parcel post
Old 07 February 2012, 04:26 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

It's a disgrace he is being freed to house arrest with 2 hours a day allowed out of his house.

He is a terrorist, anti UK and has no place to be resident in this country. Put him on the first plane available to get him back to Jordan where he will be treated as he deserves.

The Government are appealing and trying to find ways to stop his release but it shows once again how pathetic our legal system is in England when situations like this happen. Surely as a threat to national security the decision of the judge who ruled on this can be overruled and Qatada chucked out the country.
Old 07 February 2012, 04:45 PM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remind me again, just what facts do people have on here to proclaim he's a terrorist?

It's a failing of our intelligence agency if he's going free, assuming he really is that dangerous, not the courts.
Old 07 February 2012, 04:46 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

At least he's honest; most in his position employ dissimulation (taqiyya).
Old 07 February 2012, 04:54 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I think we should give him food/water and a boat and dump him in international waters some place and he can pootle around until someone accepts him into their country.

In that way we're not forcing him on some other country, we've been nice to him and he's free to go where he wants, which is 3/5 of the world more than he can do at the moment.
Old 07 February 2012, 05:08 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!
I think we should give him food/water and a boat and dump him in international waters some place and he can pootle around until someone accepts him into their country.
....or stick him on an Italian cruise ship
Old 07 February 2012, 05:14 PM
Alg
Scooby Regular

Can't we let some suitably deranged nutjob out of prison (on day release) and "point him" in his general direction.
Old 07 February 2012, 05:18 PM
Wolf_gsxr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SiPie
Now that is a death sentence lol. I think if your a terrorist you should loose all human rights. Fly him over his country and boot the fekker out.
Old 07 February 2012, 05:20 PM
marcevs72
Scooby Regular

this sort of crap really grips my ****...me and my mates have gone thousands of miles away fighting these scum and our government wont grow a set and kick this scum out of my own country....
Old 07 February 2012, 05:21 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

He's a resource from whom we can learn. He actually speaks a lot of truth.
Old 07 February 2012, 05:29 PM
Wolf_gsxr
Scooby Regular

He is of no value whatsoever. He shouldn't be allowed to go to any country. He should be force fed pork till he collapsed, minced and put in dog food. That's the only thing terrorists are fit for. Why should our soldiers go to their country, risk their lives to make it better for the rest of them to come home to find the worst ones living down the road being let off and probably well looked after with my bleeding money.
Old 07 February 2012, 05:34 PM
Frosticles
Scooby Regular

Horrible individual
Old 07 February 2012, 06:55 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Everytime I hear his name I think of the death spell in harry potter....

I think it is terrible that we are being told what to do by the european human rights court, it's our country ffs can we not decide and follow our own rules and f**k him off.
Old 07 February 2012, 07:37 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Can't see why the government don't 'take him out' TBH, would be so simple to do and end the problem for good, it's not as though anybody actually gives a **** about him (apart from his nutcase religious followers) is it
Old 07 February 2012, 11:36 PM
dazdavies
Scooby Regular

Received 82 Likes on 46 Posts

Here's my take on this:
Put a bullet in him and one for the judge who made the ludicrous decision to free the terorrist low life.
It's arsehole people like this judge that put this country in the sh*t it's in.
Old 08 February 2012, 12:09 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by SiPie

Old 08 February 2012, 12:15 AM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

may his 72 virgins be homosexual and male...
Old 08 February 2012, 11:46 AM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Release from LongMartin..... give the SAS snipers some sport on the way home.....

Job Done

edited to add:.... let old hook hand fcukface sit next to him too on the way home to welcome him out, a bullet *may* go wide

Last edited by Dr Hu; 08 February 2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08 February 2012, 01:57 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

He has been inciting terrorism with all the attendant nasty actions which go with that. If you feel he should be listened to, ask yourself how you would feel under full Sha'riah law in this country.

If he likes that so much, he could always go back to where he can live under it himself.

Les
Old 08 February 2012, 02:47 PM
TurboAndy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!

In that way we're not forcing him on some other country, we've been nice to him and he's free to go where he wants, which is 3/5 of the world more than he can do at the moment.
Well your nearly right just dont bother with food, water and the boat. just kick the dirty ****** out the plane and let the sharks have him.

Quick Reply: Abu Qatada