Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default coppers - now we know they really are pigs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rs-window.html
Old 02 February 2012, 05:29 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm for once I'm with the police on this one, the chap blatantly failed to stop with sirens blasting out behind him and lights flashing, at one point he even speeds up and carries on for miles!

If you don't stop you obviously have something to hide or are up to no good, if he had stopped when asked none of this would of happened.
Old 02 February 2012, 05:40 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Clearly he should have stopped, but I think the police were a little over the top. What really is over the top is the cos to the tax payer and the amount of compensation. People with real injuries do not get proper payouts, why should this plonker get £20k for some broken windows? Oh, and why £10k for a garage to fix the Range Rover....and then all the legal fees on top of that!!
Old 02 February 2012, 05:56 PM
ScoobySteve69
Scooby Regular

The old tw@t was probably half blind and deaf like most coffin dodgers on the roads so he probably didn`t even know they were behind him.
Old 02 February 2012, 06:02 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by ScoobySteve69
The old tw@t was probably half blind and deaf like most coffin dodgers on the roads so he probably didn`t even know they were behind him.
Exactly what I was thinking.

10k seems excessive to repair his car?
Old 02 February 2012, 06:03 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

With the police, they treated that as a stolen vehicle as it failed to stop.
He should have his licence taken off him.

This PC crap that come out cos he`s a vulnerable old man, sorry in a Range Rover you can take out most things on he road killing many many people, so far from vulnerable.

Next time I get asked to pull over I`ll carry on, watch them smash my windows when I stop at traffic lights and sue them, cos I couldn`t hear their sirens over my exhaust. BET you I`d NOT get away with it lol.
Old 02 February 2012, 06:13 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

I bet you would Jimbob, lets test it

Trending Topics

Old 02 February 2012, 06:18 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
I bet you would Jimbob, lets test it
Hell no lol.
I`d end up in Jail for life with Dyfed Powys Police!!
Old 02 February 2012, 06:22 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

£100k in legal costs..
Old 02 February 2012, 06:30 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I wonder if the copper that jumped on the bonnet noticed the Blue Badge before kicking the screen in and man handling him out of the RR.

Over the top in my opinion, it's not like he was doing 70-80 mph he didn't even go over 40 and they were hardly up his ****.

Whats the deal with the guys in black jump suits, dont look like traffic to me.
Old 02 February 2012, 06:54 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just a shame they were not on hand to do that to the tw at in the v8 who decided to overtake my Dads funeral procession for the sake of saving 2 minutes.
Old 02 February 2012, 07:01 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Saw some arrogant old tosser in an ancient old range rover weaving between lanes , making like he owned the road by gesturing with the steering wheel direction wise before barging in
Cos whos not going to secuumb to a range rover after all
looked like he maybe drunk but i suspect not
Old 02 February 2012, 07:04 PM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

I'm sure they did it for a reason, i'm with the coppers. The guy should have stopped.
Old 02 February 2012, 07:09 PM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

The guy should have stopped, and if he is unfit to drive should have had been subject to a retest etc. However for a driver that failed to stop, this was very much OTT. At the end of the day the driver DID pull over eventually so why was there a need to jump on his bonnet and smash up two windows?

If you ask me this is pretty much sums up Britain, 200k legal costs, 20k compo, 9k repair bill, but in the meantime the requirement for proper Police works is going down the pan ;(

Rob
Old 02 February 2012, 07:10 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

He was hardly racing away - averaging about 35 mph.

He was given no opportunity to surrender they simply smashed up his car!

Great
Old 02 February 2012, 07:13 PM
deepy
Scooby Regular

Shame it wasn't a line of chavved up Corsas, just imagine how many you could get off the road for that amount.
Old 02 February 2012, 08:29 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

i doubt the pigs would do that to a pikey in a range rover
Old 02 February 2012, 08:39 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

Saw a traffic cops last night on TV and the young guy failed to stop but didn't brake the law - indicating correct speeds etc the copper felt sorry for the guy but in the end credits the guy was still band for a year !

It must be that blue badge.. like a sheild!
Old 02 February 2012, 10:09 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

I don't think the full facts of this case are in the open.

Do we know the car wasn't reported stolen, what other intelligence (regardless of accuracy) the police had on the vehicle. That outcome did not come about because the bloke was not wearing a seatbelt. Remember you can be medically exempt from wearing a seat belt. He did fail to stop for police, from what we see in the footage, he did stop when it was safe to do so.
Old 02 February 2012, 10:12 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Shocking paid thuggery fuelled by adrenaline
Old 02 February 2012, 10:20 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Black Range Rover, Tinted windows, Personalized numbers plates, failing to stop....with all this in mind I think the police did their best, he could have been an ethnic minority for all they knew!
Old 02 February 2012, 10:32 PM
Steve_PPP
Scooby Regular

I'm with the cops on this one after having seen the video!

Originally Posted by Rob Day
The guy should have stopped, and if he is unfit to drive should have had been subject to a retest etc. However for a driver that failed to stop, this was very much OTT. At the end of the day the driver DID pull over eventually so why was there a need to jump on his bonnet and smash up two windows?
Because he did exactly what criminals have been known to do. How were the Police to know that this chap wasn't going to wait until the Police were out of their car alongside his vehicle and then floor it?

The cops are trained to smash windows like this for a reason, it distracts and disorientates the driver so the chance of the persuit starting again is minimised. We also have no idea why they were chasing him - they might have had intelligence that the car was stolen, carrying drugs etc. In these situations, they can't be soft!
Old 02 February 2012, 10:47 PM
yorvik
Scooby Regular

This is one of the comments following the Mail article. Might put a slightly different slant on things if its correct:

"Here's a description of an incident that occurred a few years back----- 'A MAN who had accused a Gwent police officer of assaulting him after a query over an expired tax disc was yesterday convicted by magistrates of four charges.Robert Clive Whatley, 64, of Four Ash Street, Usk, was found guilty of using a motor vehicle without insurance and no MoT, using insulting words and behaviour and failing to give his name and address to a constable when asked.Whatley had pleaded not guilty to each of the offences but after appearing in the morning, he failed to attend Abergavenny magistrates court yesterday afternoon and the case was heard in his absence.'------- Does the name and location ring a bell? It may not be entirely fair to judge someone on their past exploits, but I'd suggest he's not the cuddly, compliant pensioner some seem to be envisaging."
Old 02 February 2012, 10:51 PM
Imy877
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is well out of order. Would have been more interesting if it was fitted with supaglass. Surely they don't train the police to jump onto the bonnet?!
Old 03 February 2012, 12:01 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Sorry, but the first picture in that article is no better than some Chav smashing up a car. I cannot believe that is Police behaviour. It's a disgrace. No matter what the old fella did, he did not deserve that.
Old 03 February 2012, 01:57 AM
bobby260480
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Jamz3k
Black Range Rover, Tinted windows, Personalized numbers plates, failing to stop....with all this in mind I think the police did their best, he could have been an ethnic minority for all they knew!
Jamz3k you son of b*&ch i would love to see you in the street i would smash your ugly little face in you tw%*t. Racist n*b ill raoe your mom>>>!!!!

Old 03 February 2012, 08:36 AM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Are the police not trained to act professionally and assess & act accordingly in fluid / highly changeable situations - clearly not from this video? Yes the driver could have stopped quicker but the action by the police is over the top.
Do I think that the driver is a complete angel then no, I'm unsure if the police in the pull over knew of his previous & possibly why the over reaction by the police as a way to get back at the driver / htem take control of the situatrion, but I think that there is definitely wrong on both sides, but I say the police completely over reacted in this occasion.
Do I feel the driver has used his wealth etc to make the actions of the police known & possible take advantage of the situation / settle a grievance with them in a public way, then yes. On this occasion I do feel that it was justified.

Richard

Last edited by richs2891; 03 February 2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 03 February 2012, 09:19 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bobby260480
Jamz3k you son of b*&ch i would love to see you in the street i would smash your ugly little face in you tw%*t. Racist n*b ill raoe your mom>>>!!!!

Clearly you don't understand satire which is understandable you may be an idiot, I dunno! Plus there wasn't a smiley face on my post so how could you possibly tell? What did we do before smileys, eh?

Racist - ok I'll give you that one but ***? Now that's just out of order!
Old 03 February 2012, 09:30 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Is raoeing somebody's mother a practice originating from the African continent? It's not something with which I am familiar.
Old 03 February 2012, 10:37 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

That guy only stopped because there were policemen up a head, possibly blocking the road (can't confirm this as it out of shot) but one of the Policeman can be clearly seen up the road when the illegally blacked out Range Rover with non regulation number plates was stopped before the other one jumped on to the bonnet. Otherwise he would have carried on his 17 minute merry chase.

Quick Reply: coppers - now we know they really are pigs