Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Secrets off shoplifting tv prog ??

Search this Thread

Old 20 January 2012, 10:00 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Secrets off shoplifting tv prog ??

Anyone watch the tv programme " Secrets off shoplifters " on ch4 the other night ?? must say it made for some great viewing !! as good as they were at what must be a difficult job have to say that I think the two store detective lads were wanabe plains clothes police !! worked on there days off for nothing and had his ebay handcuffs confiscated by the police ??!!
Old 20 January 2012, 10:04 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jono300
Anyone watch the tv programme " Secrets off shoplifters " on ch4 the other night ?? must say it made for some great viewing !! as good as they were at what must be a difficult job have to say that I think the two store detective lads were wanabe plains clothes police !! worked on there days off for nothing and had his ebay handcuffs confiscated by the police ??!!
Its dangerous to allow those guys to play copper in the shops. Dangerous for them and the shoplifter (not condoning petty theft but at the point the store detective gets them, they are not officially guilty or under arrest)

It was an interesting programme though, especially the dodgy logic used by the perps to justify their wrongdoing!
Old 20 January 2012, 10:13 AM
Ant
Scooby Regular

I find it funny when a store detective is 25+ stone, who the hell is he gonna catch!!
Old 20 January 2012, 10:13 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ant
I find it funny when a store detective is 25+ stone, who the hell is he gonna catch!!
Hamburglar!
Old 20 January 2012, 10:37 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ant
Think the only one on this programme that would be anywhere near this would be the 7 foot tall coloured guy !! would have certainly not fancied being tackled by him !! again they do a good job and as we seen not the most pleasant off folk they have to deal with but just felt they kinda enjoyed there job a bit too much !!
Old 20 January 2012, 11:17 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jono300
Think the only one on this programme that would be anywhere near this would be the 7 foot tall coloured guy !! would have certainly not fancied being tackled by him !! again they do a good job and as we seen not the most pleasant off folk they have to deal with but just felt they kinda enjoyed there job a bit too much !!

Yeah I felt that but no more than those smug cops who harass some kid driving his beaten up old banger who can't afford two grand for insurance.

I did think the store guy who said he would collar his mum if he saw her lifting was a bit OTT.

No sympathy with the "professional" shoplifters though

dl
Old 20 January 2012, 02:29 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ant
He has only got to sit on him!

Les