Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Problem with a seller on here

Search this Thread

Old 17 December 2011, 06:34 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Problem with a seller on here

I've purchased something from a member on here and I'm still waiting for it to be delivered.

I agreed to buy the item after checking suitability for my car - this took a while as my car was in a garage having a quick rack fitted. The seller asked for PayPal as I didn't know when I could collect and he's been messed around before. Fair enough I thought and paid the £50.

I then agreed to collect from the sellers workplace one lunchtime - on route to my office in Southampton. When an hour away I received a text saying that his son was ill and he had to take his son to the doctors and wouldn't be able to meet at lunchtime. No problem, rearrange for later in the day, but he can't do it. Okay, it's an hours drive from my office to meet him so how about we meet half way, nope, he can't do evenings. However he'll post at the weekend......
.... bugger, that post office is now closed/busy etc. Okay I'll collect the following week when I'm in the area again, errrr, no, too busy with work and he can't get out for a few minutes to meet me. However his wife will post on Friday, or not as she was stuck in traffic and didn't make it to the post office in time. Not to worry, he'll post it on Saturday (today) as he's going to the post office to send Christmas cards. Oh dear, it's too big to send via the regular post so he's driving to Parcel Force..... to find they're closed.

I give in and ask for a refund as I've tried to collect twice and waited for him and his wife to attempt to post this three or four times. Now he says no, I'll have to wait until he posts it - on Monday now!

Question is am I being unreasonable asking for a refund? All the above is factual and recorded via PM and text messages as he never answers his phone!
Old 17 December 2011, 06:39 PM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like your being messed about to me, whos the person in question as people on here may vouch for him,.
Old 17 December 2011, 06:42 PM
TinyTim
Scooby Regular

Its me, and as usual only one side of the story gets mentioned.

I've been in constant contact with him, not everyone can answer their phones at work, especially when you start a new one 3 weeks ago.

It's being posted Monday, it's as simple as that.

As for this thread, I wont be posting any more as these things always descend into a slanging match.
Old 17 December 2011, 06:42 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

He's had good feedback on here, but only as a buyer. I don't want to say too much (name and shame) at the moment, just asking if I'm being unreasonable.
Old 17 December 2011, 06:44 PM
alanbell
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by addi monster
sounds like your being messed about to me, whos the person in question as people on here may vouch for him,.
agree .

good on tinytim for coming on here and sorting it .

Last edited by alanbell; 17 December 2011 at 06:46 PM.
Old 17 December 2011, 06:44 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

lol Tim, you've not been in constant contact, I keep having to ask questions about if and when it's being delivered. Eventually you answer, but it may take days for you to update me.
Old 17 December 2011, 06:47 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

If its any reassurance fella i know Tim personally, he's a straight up guy.
Old 17 December 2011, 06:56 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jayallen
If its any reassurance fella i know Tim personally, he's a straight up guy.
Good to hear thanks.

It's just frustrating waiting and waiting even when I'm trying to be accommodating by being available to collect from him at a time suitable for him and then all the hassle with the post!
Old 17 December 2011, 06:57 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gpssti4
I've purchased something from a member on here and I'm still waiting for it to be delivered.

I agreed to buy the item after checking suitability for my car - this took a while as my car was in a garage having a quick rack fitted. The seller asked for PayPal as I didn't know when I could collect and he's been messed around before. Fair enough I thought and paid the £50.

I then agreed to collect from the sellers workplace one lunchtime - on route to my office in Southampton. When an hour away I received a text saying that his son was ill and he had to take his son to the doctors and wouldn't be able to meet at lunchtime. No problem, rearrange for later in the day, but he can't do it. Okay, it's an hours drive from my office to meet him so how about we meet half way, nope, he can't do evenings. However he'll post at the weekend......
.... bugger, that post office is now closed/busy etc. Okay I'll collect the following week when I'm in the area again, errrr, no, too busy with work and he can't get out for a few minutes to meet me. However his wife will post on Friday, or not as she was stuck in traffic and didn't make it to the post office in time. Not to worry, he'll post it on Saturday (today) as he's going to the post office to send Christmas cards. Oh dear, it's too big to send via the regular post so he's driving to Parcel Force..... to find they're closed.

I give in and ask for a refund as I've tried to collect twice and waited for him and his wife to attempt to post this three or four times. Now he says no, I'll have to wait until he posts it - on Monday now!

Question is am I being unreasonable asking for a refund? All the above is factual and recorded via PM and text messages as he never answers his phone!
Sorry to hear that, gpssti4. I can't understand why people won't communicate as normal people, to do normal business. I mean, I would want my refund simply for the reason that he never answers his phone. May be, he doesn't have a very good voice. Jokes apart, he seems dodgy straight away if he doesn't talk on phone, which he may not be. He may be just very laid back, which is not good in business, really. I recently bought a part for my Passat off the internet recently. The bloke rang me, took payment on the phone, promised that it would land at my address within next 24 hours. He kept to his words, no complaints. I have to say that I will think twice before I do any deals with the forum members here, for you just don't know who can make your life hell by acting irresponsible or acting impatient.

IMO you have every right to ask for refund if you think that he is taking you round and round the mulberry bush.
Old 17 December 2011, 07:15 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
Sorry to hear that, gpssti4. I can't understand why people won't communicate as normal people, to do normal business. I mean, I would want my refund simply for the reason that he never answers his phone. May be, he doesn't have a very good voice. Jokes apart, he seems dodgy straight away if he doesn't talk on phone, which he may not be. He may be just very laid back, which is not good in business, really. I recently bought a part for my Passat off the internet recently. The bloke rang me, took payment on the phone, promised that it would land at my address within next 24 hours. He kept to his words, no complaints. I have to say that I will think twice before I do any deals with the forum members here, for you just don't know who can make your life hell by acting irresponsible or acting impatient.

IMO you have every right to ask for refund if you think that he is taking you round and round the mulberry bush.
Well, he' s told me today that his wife is heavily pregnant and that he's in a new job. If I sell something I go out of my way to try and ensure the buyer is happy.

As I said we'll see what Monday brings as he's refusing to refund me.
Old 17 December 2011, 08:12 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Well, he' s told me today that his wife is heavily pregnant and that he's in a new job. If I sell something I go out of my way to try and ensure the buyer is happy.

I don't know Tim personally but at least he owned up on here before the usual band wagon started

He has commented on having a new job recently and needing a quieter exhaust in the last few weeks due to an impending arrival so it is totally legit or a fantastic pre-meditated ploy

Fingers crossed it's just sh1tty communication
Old 17 December 2011, 08:15 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Ok, we'll leave it at that and see what monday brings

In the meantime; The thread will be locked to stop the bandwagoners
Old 22 December 2011, 04:00 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Finally arrived. So no further comment or communication needed.

Merry Christmas all, Tim included.
Old 04 January 2012, 06:04 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Well an update.

Yes the roof rack finally arrived, not that it fits though. lol

When I was asking Tim about fitment he stated that it would fit a Type R if it has brackets under the roof gutters/trim. Well the Type R does so Tim told me it would fit, but it doesn't.

I've left what I felt was appropriate and accurate feedback, and guess what, Tim's called me a liar and left me negative feedback. Oh what fun this place is!!!
Old 04 January 2012, 06:21 PM
TinyTim
Scooby Regular

Here we go again...

Here's some facts:

1. I was kept waiting after trying to be a gentleman after I gave you 'first dibs' on the roof bars. It took you 5 weeks to check whether you had the brackets under your guttering.

2. I explained I was starting a new job and that I couldnt answer the phone. EVERY text you sent was replied to. If you hadnt taken so long to get back to me, i'd have been able to post them straight away.

3. When I finally gave up and dropped the price (as on the for sale thread) you jumped on them. Granted, I said they fitted a Type R based on information from NASIOC, but without owning a Type R I couldnt check.

4. Lets not forget the PM you sent me trying to knock the price down with a link to an ebay auction... for a set of roof bars for a WAGON. In hindsight maybe I should have let you buy them...

I dont even own a Subaru anymore so not really sure why I'm typing all this...

Why dont you post a photo of the bracket and roof bar fitment plate so we can see exactly what's wrong? Or do I detect you changed your mind about the sale?
Old 04 January 2012, 06:26 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Well an update.

When I was asking Tim about fitment he stated that it would fit a Type R if it has brackets under the roof gutters/trim. Well the Type R does so Tim told me it would fit, but it doesn't.
To the best of my knowledge, the brackets concealed under the roof gutters on a classic are there for one purpose only, which is to fit the Subaru factory-option roof-bars. I've never heard of any roof rack that claims to be designed for Scoobs that don't already have those bars fitted.
Old 04 January 2012, 06:40 PM
TinyTim
Scooby Regular

They're Subaru branded roof bars made by Mont Blanc for anyones info.
Old 04 January 2012, 06:41 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Right pics up in a few minutes
Old 04 January 2012, 06:46 PM
jimmyinrugby
BANNED

Well an update.

I've left what I felt was appropriate and accurate feedback, and guess what, Tim's called me a liar and left me negative feedback. Oh what fun this place is!!!
Distance selling act...Send them back at HIS expence and claim a FULL refund plus cost,if he still is acting like a con man....
Old 04 January 2012, 06:48 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jimmyinrugby
Distance selling act...Send them back at HIS expence and claim a FULL refund plus cost,if he still is acting like a con man....
I don't have his address, nor would he meet me somewhere to collect - as has been proven before when I was buying them
Old 04 January 2012, 06:50 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markjmd
To the best of my knowledge, the brackets concealed under the roof gutters on a classic are there for one purpose only, which is to fit the Subaru factory-option roof-bars. I've never heard of any roof rack that claims to be designed for Scoobs that don't already have those bars fitted.
Originally Posted by TinyTim
They're Subaru branded roof bars made by Mont Blanc for anyones info.
Tim's actually correct here! They are/were supplied by Subaru - as confirmed by my local dealer. They fit under the brackets on a four door......

.... but not the above.
Old 04 January 2012, 06:56 PM
TinyTim
Scooby Regular

Tim's actually correct here! They are/were supplied by Subaru - as confirmed by my local dealer. They fit under the brackets on a four door......

.... but not the above.

Can we see a detailed picture of the bracket and exactly why the roof bar bracket plate wont fit? As per the instructions I sent, ensure you're using the right plate as they're numbered and different for each bracket on the car.
Old 04 January 2012, 07:05 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Here we go again...

Here's some facts:

1. I was kept waiting after trying to be a gentleman after I gave you 'first dibs' on the roof bars. It took you 5 weeks to check whether you had the brackets under your guttering.

2. I explained I was starting a new job and that I couldnt answer the phone. EVERY text you sent was replied to. If you hadnt taken so long to get back to me, i'd have been able to post them straight away.

3. When I finally gave up and dropped the price (as on the for sale thread) you jumped on them. Granted, I said they fitted a Type R based on information from NASIOC, but without owning a Type R I couldnt check.

4. Lets not forget the PM you sent me trying to knock the price down with a link to an ebay auction... for a set of roof bars for a WAGON. In hindsight maybe I should have let you buy them...

I dont even own a Subaru anymore so not really sure why I'm typing all this...

Why dont you post a photo of the bracket and roof bar fitment plate so we can see exactly what's wrong? Or do I detect you changed your mind about the sale?

Right now I can answer as I've posted a photo at your request.

1. I never asked for first dibs. I was the only person interested AFAIK.

2. You took an age to answer texts. You never informed me that you were starting a new job. Even if you were you made no attempt to meet me half way. I tried to collect these on two seperate occassions and even said I'd dive for an hour one evening, but you were too busy (once you had my money - which I paid within 24 hours once I agreed to buy them). Anyway Tim, you never mentioned posting them as we agreed that I'd collect from day one.

3/4. I checked eBay, and, in a hurry posted a link to a wagon roof bar - sorry, I was browsing using a phone and the image was too small to correctly identify them. You dropped the price at your discetion, I only asked once. Then of course when you said they'd fit a Type R and reduced your price I said I'd take them!

I don't know why you're posting on here either! And, no I've not changed my mind, I still want some, but ones that will fit.

I just think it's lame of you calling me a liar and leaving me negative feedback. You're just retaliating to what I left you, which was accurate!

I don't see the point of you and I (Tim) bashing this out on here. It will get locked sooner or later. If you have something to say to me PM or phone me, you have my number. I could of course phone you, but you wouldn't answer as per usual.
Old 04 January 2012, 07:10 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Can we see a detailed picture of the bracket and exactly why the roof bar bracket plate wont fit? As per the instructions I sent, ensure you're using the right plate as they're numbered and different for each bracket on the car.
That is as good as I can get in this light. I did try all four brackets under two of the gutter brackets(clips) to ensure it doesn't fit. That's when I rang Subaru and they said that this rack is for a 4 door and that the rack for the 2 door is no longer available. Which I take to mean that the racks are different.

The reason why the brackets don't fit is that there is insufficient room around the clips - the roof rack brackets are too thick to fit. I wish they weren't but they are.
Old 04 January 2012, 07:10 PM
TinyTim
Scooby Regular

I want proof that they wont fit first. That pic proves NOTHING.

AGES to reply? I replied within a couple of hours on every occasion - reasonable enough for a new job I think and yes, I did tell you I had started a new job. THAT is why I claim your feedback is lies.

I'm done with this thread now, and done with you to be honest. The administrator can make whatever decision he decides from the information i've sent him.
Old 04 January 2012, 07:12 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Hardly.

He has my address from the packaging for the roof bars.

I've forwarded all PM conversations onto an Admin on here and will prepare the text conversations for them later to prove contact.
Your address wasn't on there as you know!
Old 04 January 2012, 07:12 PM
TinyTim
Scooby Regular

That is as good as I can get in this light. I did try all four brackets under two of the gutter brackets(clips) to ensure it doesn't fit. That's when I rang Subaru and they said that this rack is for a 4 door and that the rack for the 2 door is no longer available. Which I take to mean that the racks are different.

The reason why the brackets don't fit is that there is insufficient room around the clips - the roof rack brackets are too thick to fit. I wish they weren't but they are.
So there's a chance you tried both left side plates on the right side of your car (for example) no?

Have you even removed the gutter trim?!?!

They're not just going to slip in, they're meant to be tight for a reason...
Old 04 January 2012, 07:13 PM
TinyTim
Scooby Regular

Your address wasn't on there as you know!
Err my postcode at LEAST was as it's a requirement by when sending things by Parcel Force... nice try.
Old 04 January 2012, 07:15 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

So there's a chance you tried both left side plates on the right side of your car (for example) no?

Have you even removed the gutter trim?!?!

They're not just going to slip in, they're meant to be tight for a reason...
I tried all 4 brackets from the rack on 2 gutter clips. None would fit.
Old 04 January 2012, 07:24 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

I want proof that they wont fit first. That pic proves NOTHING.
first before what, I've not asked for my money back as I know I'd be wasting my time.

AGES to reply? I replied within a couple of hours on every occasion - reasonable enough for a new job I think and yes, I did tell you I had started a new job. THAT is why I claim your feedback is lies.
You were supposed to post these one Friday and when they hadn't arrived by Tuesday/Wednesday I asked if they'd been posted. I had to keep asking you for an update, you never volunteered any information. I guess because you were embarrassed at taking so long. FYI if I sell something, I manage to post in within a couple of days, not three weeks.

I'm done with this thread now, and done with you to be honest. The administrator can make whatever decision he decides from the information i've sent him.
Ha ha, I feels the same about you. Excuse after excuse that's all we've had from you - post office closed, had to go to the doctors, wife stuck in traffic, courier closed........

Quick Reply: Problem with a seller on here