Phone contract

Search this Thread

Old 13 December 2011, 10:24 AM
every1sgottablue1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phone contract

Hi all,

I am really having trouble with T-Mobile. Story is I have a pay monthly contract phone, and also a PAYG Blackberry for my daughter.
About 2 months ago I had my monthly contract phone stolen, so I went through the necessary and had it blocked etc.
Only trouble is they also blocked my daughters phone as it is in my name.
Now for the last 2 months with numerous trips to the shop and customer service phone calls they have still not unbarred it even though they say they will.
I have provided all the necessary paperwork (proof of purchase etc.) and it is still not done.
What I need to know is can I just say stuff them, and give up my contract? (still 9 months remaining on a 2 year contract), and also get a refund for my daughters phone (bought on 1st July 2011).

Any ideas?

Thanks.

(grumpy socks off! )
Old 13 December 2011, 10:37 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

If your daughter is on PAYG, cant you just get her a new sim card with another provider?

Also, I dont think there's any easy way out of the contract. You might be able to lower it to the cheapest tariff and pay off the remaining 9 months. I'd just get a rubbish phone and put a new sim in, instead of wasting that money.

Last edited by fitzscoob; 13 December 2011 at 10:38 AM.
Old 13 December 2011, 10:37 AM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Have they sorted out the issue with your original phone which was lost/ stolen or are you still not able to use that number? If that side has been sorted then there's no way you can just cancel the contract.

As for the bb, I would say if they cannot rectify that then they should at least replace the handset with one they haven't blocked assuming it is the handset they have blocked and not the sim?
Old 13 December 2011, 10:56 AM
every1sgottablue1
Scooby Regular

Daughters phone has been blocked by IMEI number as I have already tried that one + it has about 30 quid credit on it we she can't use.

I got them to send me a new sim card (which cost me a tenner!!!) with the same number and bought a identical phone on flea bay
Old 13 December 2011, 10:59 AM
every1sgottablue1
Scooby Regular

Can i not say to them that they are not providing the service I expect and blow the contract phone out.

They are a bunch of tossers, this is not the first time I have had trouble with them. I cancelled a contract once, and they kept taking the money out of my account for 3 months. When I realised I cancelled the direct debit and informed there customer service, they said they would re imburse the money. 3 months later I get a bill saying I owe them 3 months money!!! Tossers.
Old 13 December 2011, 11:11 AM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by every1sgottablue1
Can i not say to them that they are not providing the service I expect and blow the contract phone out.

They are a bunch of tossers, this is not the first time I have had trouble with them. I cancelled a contract once, and they kept taking the money out of my account for 3 months. When I realised I cancelled the direct debit and informed there customer service, they said they would re imburse the money. 3 months later I get a bill saying I owe them 3 months money!!! Tossers.
I can't see how you can cancel the contract as you are making use of the number, as you should be able to under the terms of the contract, the payg phone is not part of the contract.

They should give your daughter a new handset IMO.
Old 13 December 2011, 12:01 PM
every1sgottablue1
Scooby Regular

I will let you know Thanks for the advice.