Milk teeth

Search this Thread

Old 20 November 2011, 08:46 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Milk teeth

At what age do children usually start losing their milk teeth? my 5 year old son woke up this morning minus one tooth. No complaints about it being loose, it just seems it fell out during the night. Fortunately he seems to have eaten it so that should save the tooth fairy a few quid.
Old 20 November 2011, 09:00 AM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

......baby teeth start to drop out (lower incisors first usually) at 5-7 years. There is a huge variation

You need to keep a check on what teeth come through and when over the years (dentist) so that hypodontia (lack of adult teeth) can be spotted early and any necessary bracework started at the right time.

Shaun
Old 20 November 2011, 09:03 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Midlife......
......baby teeth start to drop out (lower incisors first usually) at 5-7 years. There is a huge variation

You need to keep a check on what teeth come through and when over the years (dentist) so that hypodontia (lack of adult teeth) can be spotted early and any necessary bracework started at the right time.

Shaun
+1
Old 20 November 2011, 09:58 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

My sister is now 32 and only in the last few years her last adult teeth were pulled into place by wires as she was never checked... Blame the parents
Old 20 November 2011, 10:35 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I was thirteen when I lost my last baby tooth! Started losing them when I was five.

And yes, yearly check ups please, no matter how much you/kids hate dentists, and if the new ones grow crooked, out of place, overcrowed, gapped, underbite overbite etc. Point it out and get it sorted.

Last edited by ALi-B; 20 November 2011 at 10:36 AM.