Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What shall we do with them ...... ??

Search this Thread

Old 13 November 2011, 07:53 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What shall we do with them ...... ??

By them, I mean the lowest scum of the lowest scum, those who - by their very actions - deserve no mercy whatsoever .....
.... of who do I speak?
I speak of the pondlife Pikies who dececrate our War Graves and our War Memorials - by ripping the brass plates out of them, the plate containing the names of those who died so they may live and rob and be a carbuncle on the 4rse of society!!

Hitler was killing every Gypsy and Pikey he could lay his hands on - brave men and women stopped him ..... the names of which they steal to be melted down .... for a few pounds!

YOU ARE SCUM..........

Sorry, rant over, just on rememberance day it makes my blood boil even more than usually!

Last edited by pslewis; 13 November 2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 13 November 2011, 08:00 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did you read this?
Old 13 November 2011, 08:10 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

There are lots of referrences to these acts of scum ...

"In the run up to Remembrance Sunday, thieves have defaced and vandalised memorials by prising from them for metal to sell as scrap.

There are an estimated 100,000 memorials in the UK. The rising cost of metal has increasingly made them a target for thieves looking to make a quick buck.

Some of the memorials desecrated in recent months include:

- A four foot high statue of a soldier worth about £10,000 was stolen from a war memorial in Tidworth, Wiltshire on October 17.

- Fourteen metal plaques bearing the names of 243 soldiers who lost their lives in World War I were stolen from Carshalton War Memorial in Sutton in September.

The London Borough of Sutton Council has commissioned new tablets to replace the original plaques and will be marking memorials with Smartwater — which shows up under UV light - to deter thieves.

- A war memorial in a churchyard in Willaston, Cheshire was badly damaged by thieves who in July stole from it two bronze plaques bearing the names of men from the village killed in the two world wars.

"It is utterly shameless and beyond contempt that anyone would desecrate the memory of those who have given their lives for their country in this way," Cllr Mehboob Khan, Chairman of the LGA's Safer and Stronger Communities Board, said.

"The value of these metal plaques far surpasses any price these heartless thieves will get for the metal.

"Often they are the only remaining source of information on people from an area who have paid the ultimate price while serving for their country.

"A lot of these stolen memorials will end up at scrap metal yards. Because of the out of date regulation of the scrap metal industry, thieves can make a quick buck from unscrupulous dealers and it is difficult to trace it back to them."

Source:- http://www.freshbusinessthinking.com...D=11057&PGID=2
Old 13 November 2011, 08:16 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nt-father.html
Old 13 November 2011, 08:37 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

^^ I have never used the phrase MILF - but, his mummy does it for an old fella like me!!^^
Old 13 November 2011, 08:38 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

David Gilmours son was just being a pratt, its what you sometimes do when you are young. He then got a ridiculously over the top sentance.

As for the question in the original post. I would close down any scrapyard caught accepting any stolen metals. You are not telling me if someone brings in some brass plates with soldiers names on, even a scrap dealer with only half a brain will know its origin. Same go's with most other scrap metal.
A couple of years ago a law was introduced putting the onus for illegal stowaways from the continent onto the lorry driver. Made a huge difference, even though haulage companies opposed it. Should do the same with scrap dealers. If you accept anything stolen, we close you down.............period.
Old 13 November 2011, 08:39 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Pete,
Old 13 November 2011, 08:54 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

What do you expect,they steal and don't care who or where from.
Welcome to modern PC Britain.

Country has been ruined by the powers that be with no backbone,and won't grow a pair of b0ll0cks.
Old 13 November 2011, 08:56 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulr
David Gilmours son was just being a pratt, its what you sometimes do when you are young. He then got a ridiculously over the top sentance.

I did some stupid things when I was young as do most young lads but he deserves everything he gets. Lets hope it will discourage others from doing such idiotic things.

Chip
Old 13 November 2011, 09:07 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Paul he is a **** and always will be for what he did.
Old 13 November 2011, 10:35 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

there a detached generation from what happened, and the succession of goverments have carried these tw*ts through existance.

not even read the link - but the people who know, remeber and appreciate what others did.

do you or anyone think back in remeberance for people your direct ancestors may have massacred/killed/enslaved? or how the United KIngom of Great Britain was formed?
many young people will appreciate and consinder what these peole gave, many wont.

not even read the link, the guys probably a total d*ck, but plenty of them about.
Old 13 November 2011, 10:45 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

What shall we do with them?

Don't yopu mean What can we do FOR them?

Build them free campsites, let them off council tax, turn a blind eye to their anti-social ways and thievery, give their kids free transport to school and free school meals when they get there, .........do we want any more?
Old 13 November 2011, 10:54 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Smartwater
Old 13 November 2011, 10:57 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

How about razor blades glued behind some brass left outside a Pikey Camp?
Old 13 November 2011, 11:08 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

I do find this particular crime especially offensive.

And I am somewhat surprised by the number of scrap dealers who obvioulsy play their part. I accept that scrap dealers are a rough, tough lot who wouldn't think twice about "laundering" some bent copper wire but I really did think that they would be above all this. Perhaps most are.

So initiate a licensing system for scrap dealers who have to show that they are of "good character" and put an end to the cash-no-questions-asked transactions. And pay local authorities to install CCTV systems that work on monuments (I expect a lot have already). Is there no other way of fitting a cost-effective alarm to the plaques?

And proper rewards for those that grass the culprits up.

dl
Old 13 November 2011, 11:13 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

We would all be like Charlie Gilmore if we came from same terrible deprived family background he has had to endure.
I have even heard his mother trying to defend his actions which probably goes a long way to explaining why he is like he is.

Shame he has a record or he would be a perfect fit for the Tory party.

My candidate for c*nt of the year 2011.
Old 13 November 2011, 11:14 PM
scoobyster
Scooby Regular

You'd think the "We remember our dead..." or similar on the plaques it would be a sufficient clue to tell a scrap dealer that this wasn't a legit sale; not sure what use Smartwater is going to be in addition to this.

I just don't understand why all this metal theft can't be nipped in the bud by targeting the dodgy scrap dealers. If the thieving scum had no receiving scum to sell to then there wouldn't be an issue.
Old 13 November 2011, 11:24 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Yep, the answer is to shut down any scrap dealer shown as accepting dodgy metal ... would stop it in its tracks.

They will, of course, move to stealing something else - they just can't do a decent days work like the rest of us, can they?

And then they wonder why EVERYONE hates them, the stinking scumbags.
Old 14 November 2011, 12:19 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

This Country really has gone to the dogs. No one seems interested in stopping these disgusting crimes, which seem on the increase.
I never thought I would say it, but I am ashamed of what this Country is all about now.
Greed
Old 14 November 2011, 12:25 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
I do find this particular crime especially offensive.

And I am somewhat surprised by the number of scrap dealers who obvioulsy play their part. I accept that scrap dealers are a rough, tough lot who wouldn't think twice about "laundering" some bent copper wire but I really did think that they would be above all this. Perhaps most are.

So initiate a licensing system for scrap dealers who have to show that they are of "good character" and put an end to the cash-no-questions-asked transactions. And pay local authorities to install CCTV systems that work on monuments (I expect a lot have already). Is there no other way of fitting a cost-effective alarm to the plaques?

And proper rewards for those that grass the culprits up.

dl
but think why its so offensive to you, and then youll find why its not offensive for those that do it - along with the fact there fcking idiots!
but i find it offensive really that crimes of this nature seem more important than the likes of BT ect, loosing miles of copper wire being stolen, or parts of train lines, leading to potentially lethal consequences. both are sickening imo.

there is a responisble scrap metal organisation, and as such big money in it now some places are v heavily protected, razor wire, high fences, plenty CCTV.

but was not long ago a thread on here about a scrap company underpaying customers, who had previously dealt with own disposal. that was the big company that was on bcc shouting about all there high tech security, and industry leading standards.
Old 14 November 2011, 12:52 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Its a mainstay of the Pikey economy scrap metal, not all live in caravans and leave old fridges everywhere, some have businesses and very nice lifestyles, people bring them metal, they give a little bit of money, melt it down and sell it, freshly laundered on to other businesses at a massive profit. Cable, Grids, manhole covers and memorials are going because metal is now expensive and there is less money about, not sure how much is lack of money or just greed but it does need stopping, the scrap metal industry will now be tied in knots with legislation, perhaps its about time.
Old 14 November 2011, 01:00 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulr
Where did you read this?
Can't believe you asked that question.Do you not read the papers or watch the News? What are you trying to prove?

I think PSL is right on the nail. Gilmour is plenty old enough to understand exactly the insult that he was making at the Cenotaph and had I been the magistrate I would have given him a much stronger sentence. This attempt at an excuse by quoting his age is sheer nonsense.

His father is a similar prat and deserves to have his honour removed from him..

Les
Old 14 November 2011, 01:38 PM
22BUK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Hitler was killing every Gypsy and Pikey he could lay his hands on - brave men and women stopped him .....
I suppose one of the few benefits if we'd lost the war would be no gypsies and pikeys...
Old 14 November 2011, 02:06 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Can't believe you asked that question.Do you not read the papers or watch the News? What are you trying to prove?

I think PSL is right on the nail. Gilmour is plenty old enough to understand exactly the insult that he was making at the Cenotaph and had I been the magistrate I would have given him a much stronger sentence. This attempt at an excuse by quoting his age is sheer nonsense.

His father is a similar prat and deserves to have his honour removed from him..

Les
I dont read newspapers, nor watch the tv news. As for Mr Gilmour, i still think it was an over the top sentence for a first offence (i think).
Old 14 November 2011, 03:23 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Not in the best situation to comment then surely!

Les
Old 14 November 2011, 11:09 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 22BUK
I suppose one of the few benefits if we'd lost the war would be no gypsies and pikeys...
This is very true ..... I don't think he would have taken too kindly to giving money in return for doing nowt - Germans would never do that, oh, hang on a minute ... Greece, Italy? Oooops.