Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Nightmare.What nightmare?

Search this Thread

Old 10 November 2011, 08:27 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nightmare.What nightmare?

This is a general rant about some of the restoration programmes on telly not just Sarah Beeny.

She has a massive Georgian mansion that she is restoring.Well it would be a nightmare if you had no cash.Seems her & her partner have limitless amounts of money to pour into the project.

Why is that a nightmare?

Same with a lot of projects they show on the telly.I don't think these people live in the real world.All the whinging & moaning about having to suffer while they spend hundreds & thousands of pounds on dream homes with designer interiors.

May be a sign of the times but when a lot of people a struggling just to keep a roof over their heads or trying to get their first property it's starting to get on my t*ts.
Old 10 November 2011, 08:53 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That location location one made me smirk sometimes.You were looking at spending 400 thousand,we have found this FANTASTIC house with wonderful views.Now i must warn you,we did go slightly over your budget by a £120,000
Old 10 November 2011, 11:34 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

it's called PAP TV...........utter and absolute shyte. No-one with an IQ over 50 should even THINK of watching it, cheapest crap out there.

Plus Big ***** Beeney and co. are getting PAID for it, so of course they have money to spend
Old 11 November 2011, 09:07 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

I see your still with us then Jeff you didn't conk out overnight
Old 11 November 2011, 09:35 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by legb4rsk
This is a general rant about some of the restoration programmes on telly not just Sarah Beeny.

She has a massive Georgian mansion that she is restoring.Well it would be a nightmare if you had no cash.Seems her & her partner have limitless amounts of money to pour into the project.

Why is that a nightmare?

Same with a lot of projects they show on the telly.I don't think these people live in the real world.All the whinging & moaning about having to suffer while they spend hundreds & thousands of pounds on dream homes with designer interiors.

May be a sign of the times but when a lot of people a struggling just to keep a roof over their heads or trying to get their first property it's starting to get on my t*ts.
I think you are over-estimating what Sarah Beeny earns and massively underestimating the cost of that kind of restoration.

But if it makes you feel better then great
Old 11 November 2011, 12:44 PM
austinwrx
Scooby Regular

I could watch Sarah for ever. I think she's loverly !!!!!!

personally I think her house restoration is fascinating. I know how to refit/rebuild a house. but her resto is something different. last night for example, one of the bathrooms was refit on a budget.

the other night, they rebuilt a fireplace in mdf and it looked fab.

anyhow: I'm a big beeny fan and she can do no wrong !!

how many of her programmes in the past did she put people right about doing mental conversions etc on their houses that they would go totally pear shaped on ?

she's always been spot on with advice: always found her very honest, compared to the location location crap or escape to the country poo.

and she's got a lovely gravelly voice and pair of top bolloxs too !
Old 11 November 2011, 04:39 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Restoration NIGHTMARE makes viewers think they will see something going wrong, difficulties etc.

Beeney's resoration dream would make people think the rich b*tch was doing up her posh house.

This country does seem to thrive on others' hardships, loves to see people told they have failed etc.