Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Traders letter to Wall Street Protestors

Search this Thread

Old 09 November 2011, 04:21 PM
alloy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traders letter to Wall Street Protestors

We are Wall Street. It’s our job to make money. Whether it’s a commodity, stock, bond, or some hypothetical piece of fake paper, it doesn’t matter. We would trade baseball cards if it were profitable. I didn’t hear America complaining when the market was roaring to 14,000 and everyone’s 401k doubled every 3 years. Just like gambling, its not a problem until you lose. I’ve never heard of anyone going to Gamblers Anonymous because they won too much in Vegas.

Well now the market crapped out, & even though it has come back somewhat, the government and the average Joes are still looking for a scapegoat. God knows there has to be one for everything. Well, here we are.

Go ahead and continue to take us down, but you’re only going to hurt yourselves. What’s going to happen when we can’t find jobs on the Street anymore? Guess what: We’re going to take yours. We get up at 5am & work until 10pm or later. We’re used to not getting up to pee when we have a position. We don’t take an hour or more for a lunch break. We don’t demand a union. We don’t retire at 50 with a pension. We eat what we kill, and when the only thing left to eat is on your dinner plates, we’ll eat that.

For years teachers and other unionized labor have had us fooled. We were too busy working to notice. Do you really think that we are incapable of teaching 3rd graders and doing landscaping? We’re going to take your cushy jobs with tenure and 4 months off a year and whine just like you that we are so-o-o-o underpaid for building the youth of America. Say goodbye to your overtime, and double time and a half. I’ll be hitting grounders to the high school baseball team for $5k extra a summer, thank you very much.

So now that we’re going to be making $85k a year without upside, Joe Mainstreet is going to have his revenge, right? Wrong! Guess what: we’re going to stop buying the new 80k car, we aren’t going to leave the 35 percent tip at our business dinners anymore. No more free rides on our backs. We’re going to landscape our own back yards, wash our cars with a garden hose in our driveways. Our money was your money. You spent it. When our money dries up, so does yours.

The difference is, you lived off of it, we rejoiced in it. The Obama administration and the Democratic National Committee might get their way and knock us off the top of the pyramid, but it’s really going to hurt like hell for them when our fat a**es land directly on the middle class of America and knock them to the bottom.

We aren’t dinosaurs. We are smarter and more vicious than that, and we are going to survive. The question is, now that Obama & his administration are making Joe Mainstreet our food supply…will he? and will they?”
Old 09 November 2011, 04:51 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

That'll go down well in Tent Land....

But I don't think its done Traders any favours - a bit 'Loadsamoney'....
Old 09 November 2011, 05:08 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Rather arrogant if not a little true, however, a lot of them do what they do to make lots of money, to have the nice cars, houses to show off and impress so i do not doubt that they will still be buying the nice cars, having someone cut the grass and wash their cars, etc!
Old 09 November 2011, 05:08 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

**Holds up sign saying "Tent W@nkers" **

Old 09 November 2011, 05:20 PM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

he's right about the hours. I worked for a top hedgie and each day was 8 til 8. there was a chef and a gym and trainers there, so you didn't actually leave the building.

great money though
Old 09 November 2011, 05:34 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Aye, a little "cnutish" to the neutral.
Old 09 November 2011, 09:38 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Working long hours is hardly unique to the delusional traders of the worlds financial centres though. Seems like the typical self important crap from the kind of people who believe they are much more important than they really are. I cannot believe that came from a real trader as even the usual self decieving nature of bankers and traders would not stretch to that bollocks.
Old 09 November 2011, 10:06 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Just been to a meeting on Wall Street...

...one of the guys said he had been out on Madison Av wearing a very sharp suit and a sandwich board...

...the sandwich board read...

...I am the 1%

...so do not underestimate the arrogance of Wall Street. Its much worse than in London.
Old 09 November 2011, 10:10 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
Working long hours is hardly unique to the delusional traders of the worlds financial centres though. Seems like the typical self important crap from the kind of people who believe they are much more important than they really are. I cannot believe that came from a real trader as even the usual self decieving nature of bankers and traders would not stretch to that bollocks.
Did you adapt that from the Daily Mail?
Old 09 November 2011, 10:22 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

To sum up. "We're clever than you. We work long hours"

**** off you *****. If your so clever why is the world economy ****ed, why did your bank need bailing out?

What a crock of ****. The arrogant ******* can go **** themselves.
Old 09 November 2011, 10:29 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Trout
Just been to a meeting on Wall Street...

...one of the guys said he had been out on Madison Av wearing a very sharp suit and a sandwich board...

...the sandwich board read...

...I am the 1%

...so do not underestimate the arrogance of Wall Street. Its much worse than in London.
Thing is, it's warranted IMO. If these tools demonstrate a complete lack of understanding as to what they're protesting about, then they deserve to take a bit of flack for it. They're only after what they can get as well, it's just that they're going about it in a different way. It's a dog eat dog world!

The bankers have done it - at least pre-bailout - within the framework of western law and with the agreement of everyone they dealt with. These b*stards protesting want to take by force. Yet they're not greedy? Who are they trying to kid!?

Fact is that even some of the poorest in this country live better than monarchy did a couple of hundred years ago. Christ, most of the protesters are middle class liberals whinging about having their entitlements taken away! They're fair game for a good wind-up!
Old 09 November 2011, 11:16 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan

**** off you *****. If your so clever why is the world economy ****ed, why did your bank need bailing out?

Oh dear.

The reality is that there are some self serving, arrogant arseholes in banking...

...and politics

...and industry

...and big oil

...and big tobacco

...and , pretty much everywhere really!!!

The banks got into trouble; the politicians goaded them with laws reforms dating back to the seventies. And stupid consumers, with a ravaging hunger for debt created the possibility.
Old 10 November 2011, 07:41 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Trout you missed off the part about middle and working class people who then started to struggle financially being forced to pay money to the banks in the form of bailouts and QE.
Old 10 November 2011, 07:52 AM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

+1
Old 10 November 2011, 08:40 AM
alloy
Scooby Regular

Traders and bankers are two very different roles....however they seemingly always get wrapped up in the same blanket!

Without doubt the letter has an air of arrogance about it, but there are some whole truths in there as well!
Old 10 November 2011, 09:05 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

modern day capitalism

where the financial services industry that has nothing - turns to the tax payer who has something and says "lets go halves"

then tells them to fvck off
Old 10 November 2011, 09:24 AM
oobyJu
Scooby Regular

+1 thanks you saved me some typing
Old 10 November 2011, 09:29 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Trout you missed off the part about middle and working class people who then started to struggle financially being forced to pay money to the banks in the form of bailouts and QE.
The same middle and working class people who for previous decades did one of two things, or even worse, both: -

- crowed incessantly about the growth of their investments and property prices (were they protesting against the banking industry then?)

- lapped up the credit like a Labrador with a tapeworm (even bragging what schemes could give them the best credit deals)

I am sure it was all the fault of the banking industry

Last edited by Trout; 10 November 2011 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10 November 2011, 09:55 AM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To the OP, where did that letter originate from?
Old 10 November 2011, 10:05 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Nobody is forcing anyone to pay money to bailout the banks directly. You pay your taxes so that it allows the Government to uses the tax revenue for many things, like public sector pensions, ministerial expenses, aid to third world economies, plethora of benefits, etc. Those that are struggling financially need to acknowledge that they also need to shoulder the responsibility for their predicament and not always blame others. In what way can all the blame be aportioned to the banks or traders if you mortgaged/remortgaged yourselves to the hilt to take advantage of low rates of interest so that people can buy their nice houses and cars and max'd out their credit cards etc. You can also include those who've stretched themselves to build up their buy to let property portfolios too, they're just as greedy as the bankers/traders they love to blame. Northern Rock and B&B? former savers have a lot to answer for!!

Prudence and common sense should dictate your spending habits and household budget so that you have a reserve when times are bad, something that the last Government failed to do. You don't plan a long journey in the car with the fuel tank nearly empty and hope to reach your destination so why apply that principle to your household budget. Personally all the Government's austerity measures have cost my household about £1000 a year which isn't great, but something that I planned for.
Old 10 November 2011, 10:17 AM
alloy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ReallyReallyGoodMeat
To the OP, where did that letter originate from?
A letter written by Wall Street trader being handed to the protesters outside wall street

http://nation.foxnews.com/wall-stree...occupy-chicago
Old 10 November 2011, 10:19 AM
alloy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonc
Nobody is forcing anyone to pay money to bailout the banks directly. You pay your taxes so that it allows the Government to uses the tax revenue for many things, like public sector pensions, ministerial expenses, aid to third world economies, plethora of benefits, etc. Those that are struggling financially need to acknowledge that they also need to shoulder the responsibility for their predicament and not always blame others. In what way can all the blame be aportioned to the banks or traders if you mortgaged/remortgaged yourselves to the hilt to take advantage of low rates of interest so that people can buy their nice houses and cars and max'd out their credit cards etc. You can also include those who've stretched themselves to build up their buy to let property portfolios too, they're just as greedy as the bankers/traders they love to blame. Northern Rock and B&B? former savers have a lot to answer for!!

Prudence and common sense should dictate your spending habits and household budget so that you have a reserve when times are bad, something that the last Government failed to do. You don't plan a long journey in the car with the fuel tank nearly empty and hope to reach your destination so why apply that principle to your household budget. Personally all the Government's austerity measures have cost my household about £1000 a year which isn't great, but something that I planned for.
Succinctly put
Old 10 November 2011, 10:59 AM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

The above quote sums it up quite well........
Old 10 November 2011, 11:18 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by alloy
A letter written by Wall Street trader being handed to the protesters outside wall street

http://nation.foxnews.com/wall-stree...occupy-chicago
I can definitely imagine someone writing that as a wind up.

Although I am guessing they are not traders - they would never stoop so low as to buy a car for only $80k

Last edited by Trout; 10 November 2011 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10 November 2011, 11:19 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonc

Indeed - although I am sure that all those that used their houses as ATMs are in complete denial - they were tricked into it by the banks.
Old 10 November 2011, 11:23 AM
alloy
Scooby Regular

I can definitely imagine someone writing that as a wind up.

Although I am guessing they are not traders - they would never stoop so low as to buy a car for only $80k
could well be a wind up.....
Old 10 November 2011, 11:26 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

There is a brand new Roller in the City - number plate is

SK11NNT

Old 10 November 2011, 11:31 AM
alloy
Scooby Regular

There is a brand new Roller in the City - number plate is

SK11NNT

Seen this a couple of times now, outside my house, outside my office and in the city.....(FLAME SUIT ON) it puts a smile on my face ....a good old fashioned two finger salute

Old 10 November 2011, 11:42 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

That's the one!

Bet he is a Hedge Fund manager
Old 10 November 2011, 11:46 AM
alloy
Scooby Regular

That's the one!