Default Please let this be true

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16106155

Should never have been released in the first place

Mart
Old 08 November 2011, 09:04 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm... It's going to cost us a fortune to keep him in.

Wouldn't it do us all a favour if he was let out and started to shoot off exactly who he his?
He wouldn't last long, would he?

Not that I'm for vigilante action, of course...
Old 08 November 2011, 09:09 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

There are far cheaper ways to deal with him. I'm only thinking of austerity measures you understand
Old 08 November 2011, 09:14 PM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

Frankly, I'm surprised no-one has got hold of him in prison
Old 08 November 2011, 09:26 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

He is one good example of why the death sentance could be re-introduced.
Old 08 November 2011, 09:33 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

^^ Indeed, pure evil. Should never have been let out in 1st place.

TX.
Old 08 November 2011, 09:34 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Release him with no new identity and let nature take it's course. Him and his accomplice should have faced the death penalty as soon as they turned 18.
Old 09 November 2011, 01:27 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

A mental f**k up created by our system.

Someone whose only life they know was that of a prison since he was ten years old is NEVER going to fit into our society. Regardless of what they did prior to going in there.
Old 09 November 2011, 01:48 AM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

A little off subject but how can it cost £1M to give somebody a new identity?
Old 09 November 2011, 06:13 AM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by subaruturbo_18
A little off subject but how can it cost £1M to give somebody a new identity?

It probably doesn't. I hope you're not confusing what you read in the papers with reality.

M

Last edited by _Meridian_; 09 November 2011 at 06:15 AM.
Old 09 November 2011, 07:17 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

"In his twisted mind, he believes the name Jon Venables makes him a celebrity.

"He cannot resist telling people who he really is and seems to get some kind of perverse thrill from it."

Surely if this is the case then he wouldn't have survived this long!

Given he brutally murdered a toddler after sexually abusing him and since his alleged 'rehabilitation and release' he was found to have child **** on his computer this should be reason(s) enough to jail the scum indefinitely! He is a menace to the most vulnerable members of society!

Last edited by The Zohan; 09 November 2011 at 07:19 AM.
Old 09 November 2011, 07:44 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

i can only compare him to a rabid animal..........and what do we do with them?
Old 09 November 2011, 08:52 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

I have a certain amount of sympathy.

He wasn't born a killer....his parents lack of skills made him like this.

They are guilty.

Of course I am not saying he is completely innocent, but something in his childhood has gone very wrong for him to act like this. None of our kids would act like this.

That said, he had his chance and unfortunately (for him) he has blown it.
Old 09 November 2011, 08:57 AM
BrownPantsRacing
Scooby Regular

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Bring back the death sentance! Sick twisted freak.
Old 09 November 2011, 03:09 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Sounds as though he is too unstable mentally to be allowed out. It would be unfair on the public to let him free.

Les
Old 09 November 2011, 03:18 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

During his time "out", he was involved in a pub in my town.
Needless to say, he left VERY quickly once the cat was out of the bag - I love my little town/village, but it is very much "pitchforks and torches"......

He had a lucky escape.

Best place for him in prison..... or 6ft under.
Old 09 November 2011, 03:33 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davyboy

They are guilty.

Of course I am not saying he is completely innocent, but something in his childhood has gone very wrong for him to act like this. None of our kids would act like this.

+1
Old 09 November 2011, 03:41 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

hes had his chance to show he had learnt and was mearly a stupid child.
If he wants to be famous let him out under his own name, i'd give it 2 months before he 'disapears' and is found dead on a railway track. Saves tax payers money as well.
Old 09 November 2011, 03:44 PM
BIGEMP
Scooby Regular

They are guilty.

you cant always blame the parents though,im sure not every rapist,murderers parents were bad or did something to make them turn out like that,unfortunately there are a lot of strange people out there who just do these sort of things for whatever sick reason that the voices in there head tell them to do it,if anyone had done that too one of my kids,they deffo wouldnt have had to pay for him to stay in prison.
and yes they would have had to pay for me instead!!!!
Old 09 November 2011, 04:02 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Can't always blame the parents? We are talking about a 10 year old boy here, not the adult he is now.

I don't think there have been that many child rapists or murderers to take statistics from. Children are not born killers or murderers. Something went very wrong in his upbringing.
Old 09 November 2011, 04:20 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Yes I have to agree with that in the main.

Les
Old 09 November 2011, 04:22 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

So davyboy, by the same token, are some people not born gay, do their parents make them gay?

That's the big issue I have with these things. We accept that gay people are just the way they are, having sex with people of the same sex is what does it for them, that's fine. but do we then have to accept that paedos are also genetically predisposed to their own sexual preference and if so, why do we think they can ever be safe to let out? We know we can't 'cure' people from being gay.

Does it also follow that some people, some twisted people just enjoy inflicting pain and suffering on others? some have a degree of control and limit it to their sexual games, others don't know the limits and go beyond as in this case. Perhaps the parent issue was not putting those limits in place?

If children are not born killers then surely there wouldn't be any adult ones either? Age old nature versus nuture arguement. There are also dramatic cases of kids who have been horribly abused goign on to live very notable lives and not become killers or follow in their parents footsteps, how do you account for that? What about brothers and sisters they might have, same parents, different lives, Gordon Ramsey and his smackhead drop kick brother for example?

Anyway, I'm all for the death penalty but in the original case it wouldn't have been right. You can't gas kids no matter what.

5t
Old 09 November 2011, 04:28 PM
classic Subaru Si
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fivetide
So davyboy, by the same token, are some people not born gay, do their parents make them gay?

That's the big issue I have with these things. We accept that gay people are just the way they are, having sex with people of the same sex is what does it for them, that's fine. but do we then have to accept that paedos are also genetically predisposed to their own sexual preference and if so, why do we think they can ever be safe to let out? We know we can't 'cure' people from being gay.

Does it also follow that some people, some twisted people just enjoy inflicting pain and suffering on others? some have a degree of control and limit it to their sexual games, others don't know the limits and go beyond as in this case. Perhaps the parent issue was not putting those limits in place?

If children are not born killers then surely there wouldn't be any adult ones either? Age old nature versus nuture arguement. There are also dramatic cases of kids who have been horribly abused goign on to live very notable lives and not become killers or follow in their parents footsteps, how do you account for that? What about brothers and sisters they might have, same parents, different lives, Gordon Ramsey and his smackhead drop kick brother for example?

Anyway, I'm all for the death penalty but in the original case it wouldn't have been right. You can't gas kids no matter what.

5t
+1
Old 09 November 2011, 04:35 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Can't always blame the parents? We are talking about a 10 year old boy here, not the adult he is now.

I don't think there have been that many child rapists or murderers to take statistics from. Children are not born killers or murderers. Something went very wrong in his upbringing.
Agreed, from memory social services and the police didn't take much interest in the parents at the time, i may stand to be correct mind. having said that some kids are just 'wired' wrong but he did not commit the acts of violence and sexual abuse resulting in death alone, what are the chances of two boys living close together willing and capable of doing what they did, bad parents/parenting, faulty wiring, maybe they where both being abused... i just do not know what the answer is.

Last edited by The Zohan; 09 November 2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09 November 2011, 05:56 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

wasn't there two boys involed with kiling that baby?
Old 09 November 2011, 06:54 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by An0n0m0us
Release him with no new identity and let nature take it's course. Him and his accomplice should have faced the death penalty as soon as they turned 18.
That would be even more twisted and calculating than the 2 boys were in the first place
Old 09 November 2011, 07:03 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by The Zohan
Agreed, from memory social services and the police didn't take much interest in the parents at the time, i may stand to be correct mind. having said that some kids are just 'wired' wrong but he did not commit the acts of violence and sexual abuse resulting in death alone, what are the chances of two boys living close together willing and capable of doing what they did, bad parents/parenting, faulty wiring, maybe they where both being abused... i just do not know what the answer is.

The fact that a pair of ten years old were left out to roam whereever they please is a strong indication of bad parent. Well, more to be more precise 'I don't give a f**k' where my children are or what they maybe doing' type parenting. Its down to pure luck on how that child turns out.

If someone of that age was left to run around without parental supervision, then how long were they allowed to do that for? Since they were 6? And if so, then there was nobody to tell them or stop them doing wrong until AFTER the event.....and thats presuming they were found out. If the parents were that inattentive then these kids pobably did a load of stuff without their parent's knowledge (Possibly suffering from 'little angel' syndrome, as I like to call it).

i.e Its clear they were not doing anything to steer them in any direction in life and leaving them to follow a path that to all intents destroyed their future. Regardless of their claimed deranged mindset (i.e serial killer in the making blah blah - come off it) something was severly lacking in their upbringing and supervision that allowed them to degenerate into a killer - a good attentive parent would have been around. Their parents weren't - clearly, otherwise they wouldn't have had chance to roam about and murder a toddler. End of.

Last edited by ALi-B; 09 November 2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09 November 2011, 07:14 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
That would be even more twisted and calculating than the 2 boys were in the first place
I doubt it. Killing an innocent toddler. Torturing him first by sticking batteries up his anus or cutting his fingers off one by one. You think that's more twisted than having someone punished by means of the death sentance. I'm sorry but that it absolute bollocks
Old 09 November 2011, 07:21 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Last edited by zip106; 09 November 2011 at 07:23 PM. Reason: format was wrong...
Old 09 November 2011, 07:22 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
I doubt it. Killing an innocent toddler. Torturing him first by sticking batteries up his anus or cutting his fingers off one by one. You think that's more twisted than having someone punished by means of the death sentance. I'm sorry but that it absolute bollocks
COB, I think most of us with kids will see it differently to those without.

Quick Reply: Please let this be true