Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

St Paul's campers

Search this Thread

Old 23 October 2011, 10:56 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default St Paul's campers

Why haven't these idiots been moved on , surely it's illegal to just turn up and pitch a tent anywhere you want.

The cathedral is losing £20k a day which it needs daily to be able to stay open.

Maybe the scum from Dale farm will turn up there next. Then what would happen?

Chip
Old 23 October 2011, 11:16 AM
RJMS
Scooby Regular

I may be wrong but I think initially they were given permission and now all of a sudden it's become some sort of a health and safety issue and the Cathedral can not operate normally.

I do not agree in anyway with the demonstrator's causes but the whole situation does seem a little bit fishy to me.
Old 23 October 2011, 11:27 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Fire safety was the reason I heard. Surely the cathedral is as far away from capitalism as it is possible to be. Perhaps not, Im sure I will be educated very soon.
Old 23 October 2011, 09:47 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

They're all a bunch of hypocritical wasters, copy cat protesting about anti-globalsation, anti-capitalism, anti-banking, climate change etc, whilst happily sipping coffee and nibbling croissants from the nearest convenient Starbucks, sitting in tents that were produced in China, tweeting on their iPhones and laptops powered by CO2 producing petrol generators. Now they're criticising the staff and the Dean of St Pauls, who gave the protesters the good grace of allowing them protest on their land on the proviso that they leave when requested, that their money grabbers too.

I would say the majority there have too much spare time on their hands and are only there for their own vanity and ego, so that they can say to themselves "yes, I was part of the protest that smashed the system and brought change to the world". What utter B0ll0cks! In a decades time, those very students will be holding down a job to keep up repayments for their bank mortgage for their nice house filled with big brand products produced by cheap labour shipped in from various parts of the world trying to keep up with the Jones' and drive their precious sprog a short distance to school in their big SUV all paid for on credit........(and breathe......)
Old 23 October 2011, 11:30 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As above. One word: *****.

They're in Glasgow as well, ******* nuggets. Let's see how keen they are when the cold weather comes.

Last edited by GlesgaKiss; 23 October 2011 at 11:32 PM.
Old 24 October 2011, 12:20 AM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss
As above. One word: *****.

They're in Glasgow as well, ******* nuggets. Let's see how keen they are when the cold weather comes.
Old 24 October 2011, 12:41 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

lol looks like you took that from my blog about the dirty stinkers.
I went there last Sunday and I kid you not there was a rotten smell in the air, they need to learn hygiene before anything else.

As for them being there, its a disgrace, cant wait for them to be move on, maybe by fire hose or something!

Originally Posted by jonc
They're all a bunch of hypocritical wasters, copy cat protesting about anti-globalsation, anti-capitalism, anti-banking, climate change etc, whilst happily sipping coffee and nibbling croissants from the nearest convenient Starbucks, sitting in tents that were produced in China, tweeting on their iPhones and laptops powered by CO2 producing petrol generators. Now they're criticising the staff and the Dean of St Pauls, who gave the protesters the good grace of allowing them protest on their land on the proviso that they leave when requested, that their money grabbers too.

I would say the majority there have too much spare time on their hands and are only there for their own vanity and ego, so that they can say to themselves "yes, I was part of the protest that smashed the system and brought change to the world". What utter B0ll0cks! In a decades time, those very students will be holding down a job to keep up repayments for their bank mortgage for their nice house filled with big brand products produced by cheap labour shipped in from various parts of the world trying to keep up with the Jones' and drive their precious sprog a short distance to school in their big SUV all paid for on credit........(and breathe......)

Trending Topics

Old 24 October 2011, 12:48 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

All to do with PC Plonkerness!

Les
Old 24 October 2011, 01:21 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
lol looks like you took that from my blog about the dirty stinkers.
I went there last Sunday and I kid you not there was a rotten smell in the air, they need to learn hygiene before anything else.

As for them being there, its a disgrace, cant wait for them to be move on, maybe by fire hose or something!
I don't know about your blog, but it just shows that those who live in the real world, and there are many, can see them for what they are and are increasingly growing tired of cr@p they spout. The cynic in me says that now that these students can't afford to go traveling to Thailand or wherever during their gap year, this is the next best thing.
Old 24 October 2011, 01:27 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

I don't know about your blog, but it just shows that those who live in the real world, and there are many, can see them for what they are and are increasingly growing tired of cr@p they spout. The cynic in me says that now that these students can't afford to go traveling to Thailand or wherever during their gap year, this is the next best thing.
lol im only kidding about the blog, it shares the same message as your post here.
I have to agree about the situation though.
The variety of people at the site is amazing, all walks of life.

Legal action is about to begin I believe
Old 24 October 2011, 01:37 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Chip
The cathedral is losing £20k a day which it needs daily to be able to stay open.
Chip

St Paul's is owned by the church of England, who just happen to have £3.9 billion invested in stocks and commercial property.
Old 24 October 2011, 01:37 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love it that they're all for smashing global capitalism as long as they can munch on their Subway sandwich washed down with a Starbucks latte...

Boneheads one and all.
Old 24 October 2011, 01:46 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

http://news.sky.com/home/business/article/16095108
Old 24 October 2011, 06:29 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

We went past late on Saturday Evening, hoping to wake the tent dwellers ...... But I think they thought we were on their side :-

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2532558631688
Old 25 October 2011, 08:23 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nate, an action replay at 4am will have the desired effect
Old 25 October 2011, 09:29 AM
markb_s1
Scooby Regular

this pisses me right off. why do we need legal action? just turf the dirty soap dodgers out!

going to go and have a little looky at the mess they're making at finsbury square at lunchtmie as it's only a 2 minute walk form my office
Old 25 October 2011, 10:31 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

The best method of moving them on is very simple.

Get an agricultural sprinkler to 'water' St Paul's and Finsbury Square. They wouldn't last more than a couple of days. Even when the water was turned on lightly.
Old 25 October 2011, 10:33 AM
austinwrx
Scooby Regular

did you hear chris evans saying on the radio the police copter had been up last night, used the thermal image gun.

about 20 people sleeping in tents last night, out of what, 300 pitched.

they'd all gone home to their houses instead !!!!
Old 25 October 2011, 11:28 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...ood-turns.html

Old 25 October 2011, 11:56 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

OK - so maybe the watering idea wouldn't work after all
Old 25 October 2011, 11:56 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
All to do with PC Plonkerness!

Les
What do you recommend then Les - a good clip around the ear?

Old 25 October 2011, 12:21 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Interesting artical today, hopefully the police will act on it tonight....

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16095687

A police helicopter's thermal imaging camera showed the tent encampment was almost entirely empty overnight.

This has led to accusations that the 300-strong group of protesters are part-timers, going home to warm beds in the evenings to sleep.

The protesters are aware of the vacancies and allocate empty tents to newcomers.

Corporation of London councillor Matthew Richardson said: "It is incredible. The overnight monitoring of the site by the police showed that 90% of the tents are unoccupied.

"It just shows most of the demonstrators don't have the courage of their convictions and are just here to make trouble.
*******!
Old 25 October 2011, 12:44 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

The good news is, if you are planning a trip to London, there is now free accomodation to all newcomers in the heart of the city at the foot of one of London's greatest buildings.
Old 25 October 2011, 12:53 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

The good news is, if you are planning a trip to London, there is now free accomodation to all newcomers in the heart of the city at the foot of one of London's greatest buildings.
Old 25 October 2011, 01:42 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

With the relative lack of attention in the media about this, i'd be surprised if the momentum lasts through to next week. No point making a fuss if nobody takes any notice.
Old 25 October 2011, 02:15 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Remember Greenham Common

A bunch of hairy fat lesbians camped there for years.

The best bit is that even after the Americans had gone some of them stayed there. It was like Dale Farm!!
Old 25 October 2011, 02:54 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

If the tents are empty then they aren't removign anyone are they? they are shifting lost property.

As usual though the clipboard brigade win. Well done namby pamby liberal types.

5t.
Old 25 October 2011, 03:29 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fivetide
If the tents are empty then they aren't removign anyone are they? they are shifting lost property.

As usual though the clipboard brigade win. Well done namby pamby liberal types.

5t.
Im sure they will have the facilities in place tonight to remove and transport any 'lost' tents
Old 26 October 2011, 10:59 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trout
What do you recommend then Les - a good clip around the ear?

Maybe a more powerful version of what you suggested, or just a JCB with a very big bucket on the front!

Les
Old 26 October 2011, 11:04 AM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TelBoy
With the relative lack of attention in the media about this, i'd be surprised if the momentum lasts through to next week. No point making a fuss if nobody takes any notice.
It's something to do for people who probably don't usually have anything to do, so I don't think it'll finish that quickly.

Quick Reply: St Paul's campers