Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Where will it all end?

Search this Thread

Old 11 October 2011, 11:55 AM
22BUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Where will it all end?

The children's football league which only lists scores as 1-0 or 1-1 'to avoid humiliation after heavy defeats'

Old 11 October 2011, 11:59 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

I wonder what would happen if on the final day of the season things came down to goal difference?

More PC bullsh1t for the fear of offending people, loosing (or getting hammered) at football or anything else is part of growing up and learning how to deal with things.
Old 11 October 2011, 01:05 PM
Miniman
Scooby Regular

The original advise from the FA was that the score is less important the the game. If you've been at some young league games you'll see the attitude that the parents have towards players (of both sides), ref's and sometimes other parents. I understand this is a general thing through UK. So it's purely in response to parents attitudes (not the kids) and some parents not able to accept good gamesmanship.

The intent is to remove the goal of scoring all the time in favour of learning how to play football properly.

I for one am all for just reporting win/loss/draw and what the FA have proposed.

I was particularly proud of my lads team when they lost big time a couple of times as they never put their heads down. But what good would it do to remind them that they have lost 13-1? The kids don't remember the score on the return leg (but usually do know they have lost/won). I'd rather young kids just enjoy football and learn how to play better.