Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Women ...........and directions!!!

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2011, 02:36 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Women ...........and directions!!!

Just had the ex call me and she is in Bedford Square, needs to get to Bloomsbury Square for a meeting...

I'm in the middle of the office so I try & get her to tell me where she is, so she says "junction with Adeline Place", so I tell her to go to the right and walk up to the busy road... She turns left and goes up to the j/with Bailey St

By this time I'm back at my desk so bring up Streetview, work out exactly where she is (house numbers as I don't trust her!) and tell her to turn right and head for traffic lights (j/with Gower). When she gets there I tell her to cross the road and turn right (still in Bedford Square) - "shall I go into Montague Place?" - NO!

At this point she starts getting stressed with me and saying that she's late for this meeting already - like its my fault?

From this point it is easy or should be. Straight down to the traffic lights and turn left, then follow the road until you get to a square = Bloomsbury Square but, "how far are the lights?", "turn left, is that right?" etc...

We finished the call, her getting flustered and me getting hacked off with her for NOT BLOODY LISTENING to what I'm saying

That was a tame example of her directional inability. She's gone round the M25 the wrong way numerous times, same as the North Circular. She wouldn't listen to my directions when going the wrong way once as to TURN AROUND, so got further away from where she was meant to be. God knows how she manages to get anywhere but I've learnt that if she calls up lost, then I speak to my daughter to work out exactly where she is and pass ont he directions - saves loads of time and grief!

I know she's ex but I still get calls for IT, DIY, mechanics and directions!
Old 28 September 2011, 02:47 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I assume you still get Sex ? if not ...
Old 28 September 2011, 03:32 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

This is no word of a lie, I was once sat in front of the computer, phone rings, it's my wife.

Converstaion went something like this:
Her: I'm lost, can you tell me where I am?
Me: What? How am I supposed to do that?
Her: Well haven't you got that map thing on the computer?

Turned out she had, for some God-only-knows reason, turned off the M62, and was somewhere in Yorkshire.

We eventually got her back to the M62 by dint of me asking things like "what can you see out of the front, then the sides, then the rear, and trying to match it to stuff I recognised while looking at Google Earth etc. Unreal.

My other half is unable to read in the car, so no map reading can EVER be done.
Which is a benefit, since I've glanced over to find her turning the map-book through 180 degrees.

I USED to tow a caravan over there. Someone once asked what it was like towing abroad. My answer: "Well, when you are towing, in heavy traffic, on the wrong side of the road, looking out for people coming in from the right without stopping, while trying to spot signs, traffic signs, traffic lights and road markings, and the kids are fractious in the back, there is no-one better than my wife..........to stick the map-book under my nose and say ' I don't know, YOU look' "!!!!!

A friend once asked the simplest way to Epworth. we told her to get onto the M181, turn right at the bottom, take the m180 and get off at the first exit, then go straight on until she saw the sign saying "Epworth".

Next day, we asked how she had got on, to be told that she had realised she had gone wrong when she passed Ferrybridge Power station!!!!!!!
(for those who DON'T know the area, that's three motorway junctions, two of which are major, one with traffic lights, and 25 miles out of her way!)
Old 28 September 2011, 03:37 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by alcazar
My other half is unable to read in the car, so no map reading can EVER be done.
Which is a benefit, since I've glanced over to find her turning the map-book through 180 degrees.

I USED to tow a caravan over there. Someone once asked what it was like towing abroad. My answer: "Well, when you are towing, in heavy traffic, on the wrong side of the road, looking out for people coming in from the right without stopping, while trying to spot signs, traffic signs, traffic lights and road markings, and the kids are fractious in the back, there is no-one better than my wife..........to stick the map-book under my nose and say ' I don't know, YOU look' "!!!!!
sure I just read that somewhere else
Old 28 September 2011, 03:38 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a friend from work who we met in Milton Keynes. After spending the day there we all went our separate ways and went home. We managed to get home simply then she rang me up about 30 mins later asking, "Where am I?" How the hell am I supposed to know!?

In any case she managed to find her way out of MK (No idea how) and missed the motorway junction which says our town on it and went passed 3 more before turning off to ask for directions. So I told her to get back on the motorway and turn off at the right junction.

Silly girl.
Old 28 September 2011, 03:54 PM
Cocker
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!
Just had the ex call

At this point she starts getting stressed with me and saying that she's late for this meeting already - like its my fault?

We finished the call, her getting flustered and me getting hacked off with her for NOT BLOODY LISTENING to what I'm saying

I know she's ex but I still get calls for IT, DIY, mechanics and directions!
Ive pulled out the bits of your post hoping to drum some sense into you. Save yourself the hassle and never talk to her again
Old 28 September 2011, 04:54 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only positive way is to pick her up personally and take her there.

Les