Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Those Gay Trucks

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2011, 06:52 AM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts
Default Those Gay Trucks

I'm sure they are very good vehicles (and I think its just Mitsubishi who does it)

But if ever there was a good case for debadging its those 'Barbarian','Animal','Warrior' things

I'd say it would be far more manly if it just said 'Misubishi Diesel' on the back

And they seem to be the cleanest vehicles on the road!! Never any mud on them and gleaming!
Old 25 September 2011, 08:24 AM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You mean something like this:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3253184.htm

Always been seen driven by Untermensch.
Old 25 September 2011, 08:35 AM
Trout
Scooby Regular

No, this...

Old 25 September 2011, 09:40 AM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Some of us use our gay trucks for the intended purpose - mine's very rarely clean...

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...8/Image025.jpg
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...8/Image068.jpg

But I know what you mean - loads around me that have never seen the brown stuff.

(Oh, and they aren't that great off-road either!)

Last edited by zip106; 25 September 2011 at 09:43 AM.
Old 25 September 2011, 09:43 AM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by zip106
Some of us use our gay trucks for the intended purpose - mine's very rarely clean...
I didn't really mean the trucks,which are fine,it's the names!!

That one in the second post 'Intense Warrior' WTF
Old 25 September 2011, 09:46 AM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Oh yeah, the names are utter bollox!
Old 25 September 2011, 10:19 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I hate these things with a vengence.

These things are constantly cutting me up at junctions and roundabouts because they are so stupidly slow off the mark...and the driver doesn't comprehend that they need to wait for a much bigger gap in traffic. FFS my forty two year old Series II Land Rover is quicker off the mark, ok maybe thats because it only weighs 1300kg! but its still better off-road .

They've become fashionable with school-run mums round here (maybe because their husbands got fed up with their **** poor handling/performance/MPG and phallic shortcommings, and off loaded it on their unfortunate wives), problem is they just do not know how to drive/steer a large vehicle - turning too early and by not enough, so cutting the corners off bends or junctions and veering onto the wrong side of the road, forcing people in the opposing direction to take avoiding action. Not me anymore - I'm so sick of it, and I realised I'm in a NCap5 car....I'll be as bloody minded as they are and just let the silly bints hit me - with their brats in the back, if she can't turn into a junction whilst staying on the correct side of the road...this is on a bus route...where a bus has no issues do the same manouvers. I'd rather they hit me and learn the consequences of their inability to drive the things to a lesser extent and upset her children a little, rather than hit some poor sod in a pug 106 and kill them.

Last edited by ALi-B; 25 September 2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old 25 September 2011, 10:33 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

LOL it's always some quasi-homoerotic/phallic name.

Warrior, Dominator etc
Old 25 September 2011, 10:33 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

LOL it's always some quasi-homoerotic/phallic name.

Warrior, Dominator etc
Old 25 September 2011, 10:46 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A mate of mine has one, a "Raging Bull", he has removed the graphics though but it does have it on the seats, this is the mate when drunk as a teenager decided he fancied a bit of J4CKO's lilly white (but very appealing) ***, I returned the favour by puking as I ran to the kitchen, not the sight of his erection you understand (was impressive but just not my bag baby and I can see my own without puking daily so no worries there) , just being roused from my face down slumber on the couch and having consumed two bottles of red, a chinese and about twenty **** (wasnt going to consume another), soon cooled his ardour, I rode home on my bike with no lights, covered in puke as fast as I could where I found my mum smoking a *** in the kitchen and I recount the whole sorry tale, she said she "always thought him a bit deviant"

I forgave him and we are now on good terms, I put it down to his dad recently having left, teenage sexual confusion, him being drunk and all the girls having left having promised much and delivered nothing, and lets face it, a bit of J4CKO is going to turn a chaps head even if hetero

So, now instead of a Raging Boner he has a Raging Bull, so based on a sample size of one I suspect all drivers are either reformed homosexuals or closeted ones, compensating.
Old 25 September 2011, 11:45 AM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

I've owned an 07 animal, I own a 10 barbarian. I really like pickups. I am importing a huge mother from the USA in the next few weeks. All the mod cons of a Range Rover and the presence of monster truck
Old 25 September 2011, 11:59 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andy97
I've owned an 07 animal, I own a 10 barbarian. I really like pickups. I am importing a huge mother from the USA in the next few weeks. All the mod cons of a Range Rover and the presence of monster truck
Wouldnt coming out be cheaper
Old 25 September 2011, 12:10 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo

Only a real man who is totally comfortable with his sexuality would drive these gay trucks.
Old 25 September 2011, 12:53 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

I dont actually think they are all that Gay really, just a bit poofy (c) Daffyd Thomas 2006
Old 25 September 2011, 01:39 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B

These things are constantly cutting me up at junctions and roundabouts because they are so stupidly slow off the mark...

Mine isn't.

11.5 secs to 62mph...

Not bad for 2.5 tonnes
Old 25 September 2011, 02:17 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Its not 11.5 seconds when top speed is 20mph in 1st, 35mph in second and the feejit driver behind the wheel that takes 2 seconds between each gearchange whom also doesn't get the revs up/turbo spinning before pulling away.

All this whilst I'm slamming on the brakes at 40mph (or debating on dropping down a gear and flying round them - if nothing is comming the other way of course ).

The only way you'll get a 12sec 0-60mph time on those things is by dumping the clutch at 3000revs...most people don't do that. And if they did when pulling out of a damp junction it would be uselessly spinning away on the insde rear wheel and not going anywhere fast (unless they manually engage the 4wd and diff lock...and then remember to unlock it afterwards ).

Anyway, does sub 30mpg fuel consumption annoy you on a £25K vehicle that takes 12seconds to 60 and doesn't really handle nor stop that well? Unless, of course its actually used for trade work instead of school/shopping runs.

Last edited by ALi-B; 25 September 2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 25 September 2011, 02:26 PM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
A mate of mine has one, a "Raging Bull", he has removed the graphics though but it does have it on the seats, this is the mate when drunk as a teenager decided he fancied a bit of J4CKO's lilly white (but very appealing) ***, I returned the favour by puking as I ran to the kitchen, not the sight of his erection you understand (was impressive but just not my bag baby and I can see my own without puking daily so no worries there) , just being roused from my face down slumber on the couch and having consumed two bottles of red, a chinese and about twenty **** (wasnt going to consume another), soon cooled his ardour, I rode home on my bike with no lights, covered in puke as fast as I could where I found my mum smoking a *** in the kitchen and I recount the whole sorry tale, she said she "always thought him a bit deviant"

I forgave him and we are now on good terms, I put it down to his dad recently having left, teenage sexual confusion, him being drunk and all the girls having left having promised much and delivered nothing, and lets face it, a bit of J4CKO is going to turn a chaps head even if hetero

So, now instead of a Raging Boner he has a Raging Bull, so based on a sample size of one I suspect all drivers are either reformed homosexuals or closeted ones, compensating.
Post of the month, no doubt about it
Old 25 September 2011, 07:00 PM
WRXBOB
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B

These things are constantly cutting me up at junctions and roundabouts because they are so stupidly slow off the mark...and the driver doesn't comprehend that they need to wait for a much bigger gap in traffic. FFS my forty two year old Series II Land Rover is quicker off the mark, ok maybe thats because it only weighs 1300kg! but its still better off-road .

They've become fashionable with school-run mums round here (maybe because their husbands got fed up with their **** poor handling/performance/MPG and phallic shortcommings, and off loaded it on their unfortunate wives), problem is they just do not know how to drive/steer a large vehicle - turning too early and by not enough, so cutting the corners off bends or junctions and veering onto the wrong side of the road, forcing people in the opposing direction to take avoiding action. Not me anymore - I'm so sick of it, and I realised I'm in a NCap5 car....I'll be as bloody minded as they are and just let the silly bints hit me - with their brats in the back, if she can't turn into a junction whilst staying on the correct side of the road...this is on a bus route...where a bus has no issues do the same manouvers. I'd rather they hit me and learn the consequences of their inability to drive the things to a lesser extent and upset her children a little, rather than hit some poor sod in a pug 106 and kill them.
What a load of ill informed carp!
Your Ncap 5* pile of sh!te would suffer more than a 2.5 tonne truck would you fool.

Its more to do with the driver than the vehicle.
Most are definately NOT slow, and get mid 30's to the gallon.... Far more than I ever did in my scoob!

Old 25 September 2011, 07:14 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Dodge RAM SRT-10 Quad Cab. Now that is certainly not slow of the mark, something to do with the 8.3L V10 under the hood / bonnet. Still has a decent load carrying capacity as well.
Old 25 September 2011, 07:14 PM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRXBOB
Most are definately NOT slow, and get mid 30's to the gallon.... Far more than I ever did in my scoob!
I'm sorry but that is nonsense. I've had a Nissan Pathfinder and it never did over 25 mpg on a trip. 18mpg around town.

I borrowed a mates L200 last weekend and went up to Newcastle in it and it never got over 25mpg either.

You have never seen mid 30's to the gallon. Ever
Old 25 September 2011, 07:20 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Trucks aren't Gay...
Old 25 September 2011, 08:02 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mamoon2
I'm sorry but that is nonsense. I've had a Nissan Pathfinder and it never did over 25 mpg on a trip. 18mpg around town.

I borrowed a mates L200 last weekend and went up to Newcastle in it and it never got over 25mpg either.

You have never seen mid 30's to the gallon. Ever
That will be the old engine, I have the 2010 auto and it never goes below 30 EVER! I drive flat out pretty much every where.
Old 25 September 2011, 08:06 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Your Ncap 5* pile of sh!te would suffer more than a 2.5 tonne truck would you fool.
That's actually a very good point, since Ncap ratings are awarded relative to the class (and therefore size) of the vehicle. So in the real world, an Ncap5 rated super-mini will almost certainly give you less protection in an accident than a lower Ncap-rated large saloon, for example, simply because there's that much more car and air between you and the impact zone in the larger vehicle.
Old 25 September 2011, 08:08 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

I can confirm that the new l200 models will do 31 MPG all day including thrashing about. I have easily achieved high 40s if you drive steadily.
Old 25 September 2011, 08:45 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Mines the new direct diesel engine and only get about 28 mpg around town.
On a decent motorway run I'll get 35 if I'm steady.

All things being equal, I almost agree with the haters on here - if I could have an alternative vehicle for work that suited my needs, it most certainly wouldn't be one of these!
They're not the automotive world's finest hour.
Old 25 September 2011, 08:58 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Wasn't there some kind of tax fiddle on these a while ago?

I think the loophole has been closed now, whatever it was
Old 25 September 2011, 09:14 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Yes, the BIK was based on a commercial vehicle (which they are) and was very low.
This led to lots of suits having them as company cars.
Old 25 September 2011, 09:18 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Its more to do with the driver than the vehicle.

But it will hurt you more than me - body-on-chassis are notorious for tranfering more forces to the passengers than a monocoque, and thus alot more whiplash. Whilst I'm surrounded by airbags. Yeah both will be a write offs, but I won't be the one driving on the wrong side the road and I'll make sure they'll pay all their dues for doing that. I'm just simply fed of these thing running me off the road by drivers who simply can't drive them. Sod it, if they want to play chicken with their kids in the back of the crew cab- its down to them.......

Check out the baby seat in the back in the frontal impact: http://www.euroncap.com/tests/mitsubishi_l200/314.aspx
That's gonna hurt the baby no matter how well it performs.

And 30mpg in a 12 second to 60mph car? Seriously? Why even try to argue that as being acceptable for a everyday car by comparing it to a car that does 60mph in 5seconds? If anything its just proving how inadequate its performance+economy is. Don't try to make it out as something it clearly isn't: fast or economical. Its neither.

Last edited by ALi-B; 25 September 2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 25 September 2011, 09:35 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

No, it's utilitarian - it does a job.

My Spyder's almost as economical and twice as fast but I can't get my ladders on the roof.

It's performance and economy may not be acceptable to you, but for those of us who buy them it clearly is.

It does a job. That is all.

Last edited by zip106; 25 September 2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old 25 September 2011, 09:38 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

The Ford F-150 with the 6.2 L V8 isn't going to be slow.

Quick Reply: Those Gay Trucks