Search this Thread

Old 20 September 2011, 01:38 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buyitplayit.org

Anyone heard of this site & can share their experiences:

http://eu.buyitplayit.org/auxpage_about-us/

Cheap tv's etc which is good albeit a concern at same time trying to avoid being scammed

Cheers, TX.
Old 20 September 2011, 02:21 PM
plymouthbiker
Scooby Newbie

It doesnt look good at all. A scam!

If you want info of what other people have been saying about this site, see

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/view...php?tid=160933

But I was dragged onto that site by the offer of a £425 Asus Eee pad with keyboard for only £196

First I was tempted but then after a litle time searching info in the site I decided that something wasn't right.

I also tried contacting the site and it wouldnt let me. So if you have a problem you cannot contact them in any form except being directed to a site that has nothing to do with them.

I wouldn't risk it myself.
Old 20 September 2011, 02:26 PM
plymouthbiker
Scooby Newbie

See this site as well about them.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...php?p=46992085
Old 20 September 2011, 02:28 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Thanks fella. Welcome onboard btw

TX.

PS

Love this quote from one of the links "...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!..."

Last edited by Terminator X; 20 September 2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 21 September 2011, 07:10 PM
jscott1972
Scooby Newbie

Default order at your own risk

i own buyitplayit .com the .org and .eu address are not owned by my company and are not connected in any way. I cant be sure, but it looks like these are fraud sites

Jim Scott
BIPI
Old 21 September 2011, 07:20 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Nice 1st post fella

TX.
Old 21 September 2011, 08:06 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Good luck getting the fake sites pulled Jim, can't be doing your legit site any good

Trending Topics

Old 22 September 2011, 08:59 AM
jscott1972
Scooby Newbie

thanks Jay,

Luckily its not trading at the moment, however it will damage the name for good i would imagine.

Jim
Old 24 September 2011, 08:55 PM
Derick-H
Scooby Newbie

I read you comments after I Paid Buyitplayit and I was very much concerned so I messaged telling them How I felt about a possible scam. I have had several replies from them, telling me I am wrong (in detail) and asking me to show them one report of anyone has been conned by them. I couldn't as I haven't seen one. Since then I have had messages from them, update " it was being processed" then one update saying " Paid & delivered and the day and date when It will be delivered being 5/10/2011 and the courier UPS will be in touch with me closer the date. Obviously I still can't be totally sure but it is looking good. The delivery time is a long time this indicates that its coming from abroad. I think all must agree it is looking more Positive than negative. When the 5th of next month comes and goes I will let you all know the out come.
Old 26 September 2011, 04:27 PM
Eribar
Scooby Newbie

Hi, I also swopped emails with them and was assured there would be no import duty or VAT to pay. Will await your next update with interest. If these people can actually supply the goods at the prices shown some companies are making vast profits, but I don't understand why they are selling so cheap. Their prices are often half of anyone else.
Old 26 September 2011, 05:14 PM
Derick-H
Scooby Newbie

I can only think, no hope that they are based in a far eastern country. So did you pay them as I did? Mind It does look kosher now and they do have a big web site. also they did taunt me my asking me to produce one person who has been conned by them and to be totally honest I cannot and it appears that no one else can. Like I said 5th of next month I hope to blaze it out that I have received my SSD hard drive, so fingers crossed
Old 26 September 2011, 06:55 PM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

What a coincidence, two new members have conveniently joined this month and their only posts are about the website in question
Old 26 September 2011, 07:09 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Yes very strange
Low posts too

Mmm
Old 26 September 2011, 09:56 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

post 11 & 12 - http://www.avforums.com/forums/tv-sh...telly-now.html
Old 29 September 2011, 06:25 PM
Derick-H
Scooby Newbie

Default Scam Warning Buyitplayit

Never, Never ever do any dealings with Buyitplayit.org, or Buyitplayit.eu. I speak from experiance as I have been conned by them. They are bandits, evil thieves

If you do you WILL LOSE YOUR MONEY.

I find it bloody funny that I have searched the internet for anyone being conned by Buyitplayit.org/.eu and I have not found one single 1st party comment, mine is a 1st party comment for all to read. To stop these scammers can I ask you to pass this on so that it will be spread around rapidly so all will know and stop hard earned money being passed to these scum. copy & paste into forum post this will go a long way to stopping these very nasty creatures.
Old 03 October 2011, 05:33 PM
Eribar
Scooby Newbie

Default New Member problem?

I am at a loss to understand what is odd about being a new member and following thus topic. I joined specifically because this topic showed up on a google search and am interested in knowing if this site is genuine. However I have now found this post http://www.ukash.com/uk/en/alerts/bu...hem-ukash.aspx which appears to put beyond doubt that the site is a scam and any money paid over will be lost, assuming of course the Ukash post is genuine!
Old 04 October 2011, 12:46 AM
Derick-H
Scooby Newbie

Default Buyitplayit scam

Hello, Derick

Note to your order #2970714

Comment: Please reply to this email if the message below is not correctly shown.

In order for us to protect our customers and co-workers and for security reasons we need to verify your identity for this order, please provide us with:

1) - TWO different non-expired, unaltered and clear copies from your Passport, Country ID Card, Driver's License...
2) - Any TWO copies of a recent proof of residence (bank statement, water bill, electricity bill, gas bill...) matching the address as registered in your profile
3) - A picture with you and your Passport or Country ID Card opened in your hands. Make sure that the photo will be high-resolution and clear, the picture must be taken close enough to show your face and data from the passport clearly.

Note: - The scanned documents must be in pdf or jpg color format.

Click here to start your identity verification procedure

Please send the documents as soon as possible so that your package can be delivered on the determined date. Future orders from you will not require additional verifications. We apologize for the possible inconveniences and we thank you for your understanding.

You can view your order status and history online.

Best regards, Buyitplayit

Forward
Del
You have stolen my money now you want to steal my identity, you stupid person...
00:35 (4 minutes ago)
Del
> IP address:173.236.125.155IP country:[image] United StatesIP Address state:...
00:38 (2 minutes ago)
Del to Buyitplayit

This is the last email I received from them, as you see now without a doubt they are the worst kind of scammers, not only do they steal your money they want to steal your identity too.
Old 04 October 2011, 09:04 AM
chris84
Scooby Regular

ALWAYS buy on the internet using VISA/MASTERCARD because credit cards have purchase protection if goods don't arrive. You only have to cover the first £50 but the credit card company will do all the leg work in trying to retrieve the money. Paypal is also good for protection and a lot of companies have started using it recently. Just ensure that you are actually going to PayPals site and not a site that is going to steal your login credentials. Must be httpS and not http when entering financial details. Also browsers like google chrome and the new internet explorer will have phishing protection and notify you if you're on a dodgy site (don't solely rely on them though).

The method of payments are a big tell tale sign. They cannot be reversed, as bad as dropping the cash into their hand or transferring cash using western union.

When buying on the web I always ensure that the company has a listed address which can be checked on google maps using street view if you are really unsure about the company. They should have a means of contacting them other than just email or online form. Bought something from an American company and was even able to call them before I purchased to no excuse. Google the company name/website and add review to the end, help you check their reputation. Be careful of dodgy review sites that people setup and create positive feedback for scam sites, it's all an elaborate ploy like the dodgy scoobynet users who are bigging the site up.

Scammer typically don't care if you catch them out. They're on the web so of the 100,000s of people that visit them they only need as little as 1% to fall for it and they will make a fortune. Same as the scam leaflets that come through the door. If 1 in 1000 call that number they will be well ahead.

If it looks too good it is. If you have given them your money don't worry, just right it off as a bad experience.

Rant over
Old 04 October 2011, 09:18 AM
Eribar
Scooby Newbie

Default Uninformed prejudice

I would like to hear more about " like the dodgy scoobynet users who are bigging the site up" Do you have any actual evidence for this uninformed opinion or is it just right because you say so?
If all your advice and opinion is based on a total lack of facts I suggest you keep it to yourself in future.
Old 04 October 2011, 10:20 AM
chris84
Scooby Regular

buyitplayit.org, buyitplayit.eu & productsbiz.biz are all associated.

buyitplayit.org & buyitplayit.eu are registered in America
productsbiz.biz is registered in the UK

They all resolve to 173.236.125.155

The website is hosted in America by T-Mobile

The billing address used for the hosting and domain names is in Poland.

Basically stay clear. If you have paid them then you're unlikely to ever see you goods or money again.

Even the money transfer companies that they use as payment options have warnings listed on their sites about the above mentioned websites.
Old 04 October 2011, 10:59 AM
Derick-H
Scooby Newbie

Default Eribar

Eribar Are you referring to me as "dodgy", if so can you read? As I have posted what Buyitplayit.org have done and are trying to do to me, please so read it.
It is a fact that they have taken my money, it is a fact that they are now attempting to steal my identity. this Buyitplayit scum are 100% scammers, if you don't believe feel free to buy from them, sorry I should have said donate to their dirty cause after all they ARE evil
Old 04 October 2011, 11:04 AM
mitzi
Scooby Newbie

Default buyitplayit.eu

According to www.eurid.eu the buyitplayit.eu website was registered on 8th June 2011 in France. Further details can be found by doing a search for buyitplayit on www.eurid.eu
Old 04 October 2011, 11:16 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Eribar
I would like to hear more about " like the dodgy scoobynet users who are bigging the site up" Do you have any actual evidence for this uninformed opinion or is it just right because you say so?
If all your advice and opinion is based on a total lack of facts I suggest you keep it to yourself in future.
What a plonker!

Les
Old 04 October 2011, 12:45 PM
Derick-H
Scooby Newbie

I would think that this should finally put this subject to rest

I have reported this to Action fraud a few minutes ago I didn't have to tell him who the scammers are, as soon as I said it was on line electrical he knew that I was going to say Buyitplayit as Action fraud have been flooded with complaints about Buyitplayit.

Eribar so do you trust them now, as Leslie said, short & sweet you are a plonker!
Old 11 October 2011, 12:29 PM
Eribar
Scooby Newbie

I never said I trusted them, in fact I posted the statement from ukash which says they are not a valid customer of theirs. You clearly have reading skill problems, and if the height of your intellect is to call people names you are probably better sticking to playing with cars
Old 11 October 2011, 01:57 PM
Derick-H
Scooby Newbie

Default Eribar

Originally Posted by Eribar
I read is I see it and if you can read its not just my opinion that you are a "plonker"
Old 11 October 2011, 02:48 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chris84
ALWAYS buy on the internet using VISA/MASTERCARD because credit cards have purchase protection if goods don't arrive. You only have to cover the first £50 but the credit card company will do all the leg work in trying to retrieve the money. Paypal is also good for protection and a lot of companies have started using it recently. Just ensure that you are actually going to PayPals site and not a site that is going to steal your login credentials. Must be httpS and not http when entering financial details. Also browsers like google chrome and the new internet explorer will have phishing protection and notify you if you're on a dodgy site (don't solely rely on them though).

The method of payments are a big tell tale sign. They cannot be reversed, as bad as dropping the cash into their hand or transferring cash using western union.

When buying on the web I always ensure that the company has a listed address which can be checked on google maps using street view if you are really unsure about the company. They should have a means of contacting them other than just email or online form. Bought something from an American company and was even able to call them before I purchased to no excuse. Google the company name/website and add review to the end, help you check their reputation. Be careful of dodgy review sites that people setup and create positive feedback for scam sites, it's all an elaborate ploy like the dodgy scoobynet users who are bigging the site up.

Scammer typically don't care if you catch them out. They're on the web so of the 100,000s of people that visit them they only need as little as 1% to fall for it and they will make a fortune. Same as the scam leaflets that come through the door. If 1 in 1000 call that number they will be well ahead.

If it looks too good it is. If you have given them your money don't worry, just right it off as a bad experience.

Rant over
All smart advice, I would add that I don't believe VISA debit has the same cover as VISA Credit cards
Old 11 October 2011, 03:16 PM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

this is turning out to be a great thread.

two new users, arguing over the same scammer. classic.

i'll just go pop the kettle on and wait in baited breath for round 2 !