Orange to Orange Calls - Answerphone trick

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2011, 12:20 PM
Simon K
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Orange to Orange Calls - Answerphone trick

Hi,

Im on Orange, so is my brother. Ive noticed lately that if I call him, the phone doesnt ring and I go straight to his answer phone. If I instantly cancel the call and ring again, his phone rings.

This is happening more and more now, and Ive even tested it with him sitting next to me, in a good reception area, i.e. both of us have full bars. I ring him, straight to answer phone, even though his phone is on and full reception. I cancel, re-ring and then it rings.

Anyone else noticed little stupid tricks like this ?? Im wondering if its a ploy by Orange to use up people free talk time, or listening to answerphone message costs.

ITs really annoying me, Orange has become awful, terrible reception lately, calls that go dead and now this little ploy.

Simon
Old 19 September 2011, 12:30 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Not noticed that precise problem, but have had a few answerphone messages without the phone ringing recently, but when I call the person back they say it rung out before going to answerphone, strange.

Prob more a glitch than a ploy.
Old 19 September 2011, 12:41 PM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

Happens to me as well.

Mac
Old 19 September 2011, 12:45 PM
joey_turbo
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

If you have an android phone, you can use an app called Hullo mail, to avoid paying asnwerphone costs, as it use's your internet. So its only goo if you have free web on your phone.
Old 19 September 2011, 12:46 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

its an orange fault, my personal phone does it all the time. Work have just transfered 2000 phones back to O2 because of poor performance by orange.
Old 19 September 2011, 01:15 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Tidgy
its an orange fault, my personal phone does it all the time. Work have just transfered 2000 phones back to O2 because of poor performance by orange.
Us too - we changed our company account to Orange in March.... had been with Vodafone for last 20yrs!

Lets just say we are back with Vodafone now.... Orange didnt last 6 months!
The network service, dropping calls, not ringing handsets, answerphone messages was apalling.... it was unusable as a business network.

We got it in the neck from the moment we swapped over mainly from all our field based staff.

Vodafone bought us out of our Orange contract in order to return to them...
So there must be money in it somewhere!

Apparently Orange since the T-Mobile takeover is turning masts off left right & centre to avoid network duplication..... its causing mayhem!

Last edited by Dr Hu; 19 September 2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old 19 September 2011, 01:19 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

On Orange as I have been since day 1 and no such problems. Only problems I have ever had with Orange reception were caused by Apple's 'wonderful' iPhone 3GS.

Trending Topics

Old 19 September 2011, 01:20 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Hu
Us too - we changed our company account to Orange in March.... had been with Vodafone for last 20yrs!

Lets just say we are back with Vodafone now.... Orange didnt last 6 months!
The network service, dropping calls, not ringing handsets, answerphone messages was apalling.... it was unusable as a business network.

We got it in the neck from the moment we swapped over mainly from all our field based staff.

Vodafone bought us out of our Orange contract in order to return to them...
So there must be money in it somewhere!

Apparently Orange since the T-Mobile takeover is turning masts off left right & centre to avoid network duplication..... its causing mayhem!

crikey, i would have though you could have got out the contract with a 'failure to provide decent service levels' kinda thing