Search this Thread

Old 13 August 2011, 02:45 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Let’s return to a clip round the ear culture!"

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/comment/don...121050487.html

This chap speaks a lot of sense!

The riots took place during the school holidays, during term the chaos is normally confined to the classrooms of Inner City London, Croydon, Liverpool, Manchester etc. The youthful majority of the rioters are the first generation of children who have grown up in schools where discipline and order have been replaced by child-centric learning and an emphasis on parental choice.

Successive governments have robbed teachers of their ability to control the classroom as they face allegations of assault, human rights or sexual abuse from children and confrontation with parents, who now side with their misbehaving children rather than backing up the educators trying to teach them. These kids know their rights and know they have it in their power to ruin the careers of teachers and escape punishment in a system overly concerned with protecting their interests with reams of checks, balances and the associated paper work...
Old 13 August 2011, 02:51 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

I agree. I was reading about the highlighted prosecutions in the paper today. A 13yo lad with a hammer secreted on his body. He needs a clip round the ear.
Old 13 August 2011, 05:22 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

Cane them all.
Old 13 August 2011, 05:34 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PaulC72
Cane them all.
All the canes are in Northern Ireland.
Old 13 August 2011, 05:36 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

They aren't all kids anyway. 62% of those arrested in Manchester were over 18. This notion that they are all just kids and there is no political motivation is just utter bollocks!
Old 13 August 2011, 05:41 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
They aren't all kids anyway. 62% of those arrested in Manchester were over 18. This notion that they are all just kids and there is no political motivation is just utter bollocks!
They are not all kids, you are right. But if you think they can spell political, let alone be motivated by it, you are sadly mistaken. They are opportunistic robbing scum.
Old 13 August 2011, 05:45 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Myles
They are not all kids, you are right. But if you think they can spell political, let alone be motivated by it, you are sadly mistaken. They are opportunistic robbing scum.
Bollocks, you have obviously watched and read nothing on/of the news in the last few days. The same reasons keep coming up, the same reasons people like you called me on for espousing a few days ago, go and do some research before gobbing off!

Last edited by f1_fan; 13 August 2011 at 05:46 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 13 August 2011, 05:59 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Bollocks, you have obviously watched and read nothing on/of the news in the last few days. The same reasons keep coming up, the same reasons people like you called me on for espousing a few days ago, go and do some research before gobbing off!
Those reasons are just like the same bullsh1t excuses my kids come out with for bad behaviour. What research shall I do, ask people with new trainers if they looted them in Footlocker, and if yes, what are their motivations?

Its not gobbing off by the way, and if you class it as that, you have led a very sheltered life.
Old 13 August 2011, 06:18 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Those reasons are just like the same bullsh1t excuses my kids come out with for bad behaviour. What research shall I do, ask people with new trainers if they looted them in Footlocker, and if yes, what are their motivations?

Its not gobbing off by the way, and if you class it as that, you have led a very sheltered life.
How about starting by asking why this has happened now rather than a year ago or the year before ....? What is the difference between now and then? I am sure you can manage to start working out the answer.

Then just listen to what people involved are saying. Not the kids, you need to stop focusing on kids, the young and older adults. It's not an excuse, but it is a reason. There is a difference there that no one seems able to grasp.

The other thing is that people don't have to be political to be motivated by political decisions. Another thing people on here seem unable to get their head around.

F**k me it's hard work in here sometimes!
Old 13 August 2011, 06:26 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

How about starting by asking why this has happened now rather than a year ago or the year before ....? What is the difference between now and then? I am sure you can manage to start working out the answer.

Then just listen to what people involved are saying. Not the kids, you need to stop focusing on kids, the young and older adults. It's not an excuse, but it is a reason. There is a difference there that no one seems able to grasp.

The other thing is that people don't have to be political to be motivated by political decisions. Another thing people on here seem unable to get their head around.

F**k me it's hard work in here sometimes!
So what about the adults that are appalled by the behaviour of the rioters? Does that mean they have their heads buried in the sand? No, I'm sure if you have a think you'll understand.
As for the time it has happened in, it could have just as likely been influenced by the uprisings across various Middle Eastern states really. If you are suggesting that it is the Conservatives political decisions then I say think again. They have not been in power for long enough, or made such bad decisions as to incite the public to riot. Tough decisions for tough times, just mopping up what Blair and Brown did.

Also, how can someone who is' protesting vociferously' suddenly be sucked into throwing molotov cocktails and going into Argos and looting? (I had to laught at the stupidity of looting Argos, unless the protagonists were after some Elizabeth Duke jewellery etc.)

Last edited by Myles; 13 August 2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old 13 August 2011, 06:53 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

So what about the adults that are appalled by the behaviour of the rioters? Does that mean they have their heads buried in the sand? No, I'm sure if you have a think you'll understand.
As for the time it has happened in, it could have just as likely been influenced by the uprisings across various Middle Eastern states really. If you are suggesting that it is the Conservatives political decisions then I say think again. They have not been in power for long enough, or made such bad decisions as to incite the public to riot. Tough decisions for tough times, just mopping up what Blair and Brown did.

Also, how can someone who is' protesting vociferously' suddenly be sucked into throwing molotov cocktails and going into Argos and looting? (I had to laught at the stupidity of looting Argos, unless the protagonists were after some Elizabeth Duke jewellery etc.)
looting, killing of people protecting their property and torching family business are not political acts, they are the acts of scum and no amount of hand wringing pc muppets will convince anyone with an ounce of decency, common sense and integrity otherwise

There will always be excuses but if it was a protest they why loot your community, why kill, why terrorise ordinary people, the same people you see walking down you high street. They attacked places they could loot and thieve from in the main and that should give you a clue to motivation!

'disenfranchised' is a word i hear as a cover all excuse, well if you choose to live outside of society and the law by your actions and attitude then you disfranchise yourself through you choice and your actions, simple as...
Old 13 August 2011, 08:28 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Ah now we get to the crux of it, you're a bloody Tory. No wonder you spout crap and refuse to accept the obvious. No reasoning with the likes of you! Influenced by the Arab Spring LOL! F**k me I've seen some garbage written in my time but that is some of the best!
Old 13 August 2011, 08:35 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Old 13 August 2011, 11:22 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

is f1_fan the new Pete Brant?
Old 13 August 2011, 11:33 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Exclamation

I don't mean this to be rude but you are talking shoite.

There was Fvck All "Political Motivation"
It was criminal behaviour - end of story.
Old 14 August 2011, 01:17 AM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Typical over reaction imho ... most kids are fine ffs, how many were rioting vs how many tucked up in bed

TX.
Old 14 August 2011, 09:38 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Ah now we get to the crux of it, you're a bloody Tory. No wonder you spout crap and refuse to accept the obvious. No reasoning with the likes of you! Influenced by the Arab Spring LOL! F**k me I've seen some garbage written in my time but that is some of the best!
I said it could just have likely been the Arab uprisings as political decisions here. I'm not a Tory, but anyone (apart from you it seems) can see that any tough political decisions have been made to try and reverse the naive policies that Lab came out with.

Now let's agree to disagree, we are not allowing the thread to move on.
Old 14 August 2011, 12:21 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I personally think that the primary cause of all these troubles is the lack of initial guidance of these young rioters by their parents when they were growing up. I believe that the moral decay which has if anything been encouraged in this country by previous governments and lefty pinko's has created a core of feckless parents and single parent families and the children are being allowed to do what they want, when they want, join gangs and grow up with no parental guidance worth speaking of.

If a child is not brought up properly he will revert to uncivilised behaviour and he will not understand the necessity of discipline in society. He will therefore be likely to do just what he wants without any consideration for others. Selfish behaviour will be king! Authority will be something to be vilified at every opportunity.

Marriage is a good institution which in general underlines the importance of the family and the importance of sticking together as well encouraging responsibility for one's children and their upbringing.

The modern day attitude towards marriage is that it it is not all that important any more and this was encouraged by the attitude of the last government and the cancellation of the married tax allowances.

A child needs the influence of both parents for a balanced upbringing and it must be very difficult for a single mother trying to bring up a child successfully in today's situation. The lack of a father is a big loss.

At present I can only see these problems getting even worse in the future unless there is a big turnaround which has to be led by the government. We are seeing the effects on the present new generation and the large differences compared to earlier ones. If nothing positive is achieved to change what is happening, I have great fear for the future.

I am sure there will be enough quoting their own experiences etc to undermine what I have said of course, but I am talking about the big picture.

Les
Old 14 August 2011, 01:22 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

Just to add it's not so much that they are children but that they grew up where strict discipline wasn't used. They pretty much stopped all that before I was in school and I'm 24.
Old 14 August 2011, 01:26 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

I drove through part of Croydon earlier today. The only shops with broken windows and damaged where:
Richer sounds
Chemist x 2
Off licence x 2
Push bike shops x 3

Political my hairey ar$e!
Old 15 August 2011, 10:04 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JTaylor
All the canes are in Northern Ireland.
Eh?