Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Reclaim the streets

Search this Thread

Old 23 April 2002, 12:34 PM
Elvis Presley
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was a passenger in a friends car a few weeks ago driving through central London when we got held up by a "reclaim the streets" protest.

Was quite happy to sit there and let them have their protest. Even joked with a couple of them giving them some friendly abuse etc.

Anyway, as we were sat there some little sh!te on roller blades lobbed a traffic cone onto the roof of the car. My mate lost his rag, but I kept him calm and just got out of the car and put the cone at the side of the road. The passers by seemed to sympathise with me shaking their heads and tutting at the protestors.

Now, if that had been my car, I would probably have ended up being arrested for kicking the little **** in the nuts, so fortunately it wasn't. On the other hand, it would have been impossible to have this guy arrested had he damaged my mates car.

Now I know that there will always be terrorists jumping on any protest bandwagon, but the more I think about it, the more I see this whole "reclaim the streets" thing as one big form of society terrorism.
OK, so they don't like cars and congestion.
Well, the majority do, and thats how society works.
You can't go around f*cking everyone up simply because you want something different to them?

How would these tw@s like it if all the pedestrians tried to stop them from riding their bikes?

It is the same with all these protestors. Always pointing out the problems but never have solutions.

I like having the ability to travel, to see new places, to meet new people, and cars, buses, trains and planes allow me to do this whithout taking up too much of my time. (Therefore, I can spend my time working to provide for myself, my family and those less fortunate.

I am sick to death of those who are in my opinion anti-society.

They yurn for a more simple life, yet if we hadn't evolved and learnt we would probably be starving to death or dying of some disease.

It is the same with the anti capitalism lot. If they had just one worthwhile alternative, we would all take them very seriously.
As a society we have chosen politics as a mechanism for change.
If you want change, that is the way to do things. Contact your MP, run for Parliament, whatever.

I'm just sick of this them and us attitude that so many people have towards the government and any institution.

The government are there to improve things and represent us. We give them power. They do not have power OVER us.

Has anyone actually read the whole of my post?
Am I talking nonsense?
I want my lunch.
Old 23 April 2002, 01:21 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Cool

I fully agree mate, who are they reclaiming the streets from exactly. Not the very people they were designed for by any chance?
When cyclists, pedestrians and horse riders pay road tax, insurance and all the other stealth taxes we pay, then I will allow that they have the right to pi55 us off! Until that day comes, they can all just **** OFF!!!

Rant over!
Old 23 April 2002, 01:30 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Angry

In my opinion they mostly are all a bunch of environment-obsessed, worm digging, soap dodging freeloaders that have the audacity to moan about everything, when its Mr and Mrs Taxpayer that they turn to when they need anything.

<Industrial strength flame suit on........>
Old 23 April 2002, 01:32 PM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Cool

Yes.
Old 23 April 2002, 01:47 PM
Elvis Presley
Scooby Regular

....but how do we know what is good or bad for the environment?

By studying our planet.

In big high tech laboratories.

By highly paid college educated nutty professors who drive big cars.

And are paid for by the taxpayer.

Thats how we know that cars are cleaner now than they ever have been.

Thats how we know that the future lies in natural energy resources.

Electricity that is generated by the Sun, the Wind, the tide etc.

.....that will eventually power our electric cars.

The streets are congested. There is no doubt.

If you don't like congestion, don't live in the city.

You don't own the city so you can't stop people moving there and making it even more congested.

I am far too angry to eat my lunch.
Old 23 April 2002, 01:51 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

reclaim the streets. yeah right, and how much more pollution are they causing by creating a huge traffice jam!

I must say that a lot of people looking for ruck do tend to join in the protests just for 'fun' as well.

suffice to say I'm not a fan of environmentalists, and to be honest, I think the earth will protect itself against man. and yes, I do like 'Edge of Darkness' a bit too much!
Old 23 April 2002, 02:29 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

heh, I'd like to see the reclaim the street massive try to disrupt somthing that causes real pollution. Cruises for example are full to bursting with thirsty, environmentaly unfriendly cars. All that smoke from burnouts and donuts and the noise pollution dont help either. But we never seen them try to disrupt a cruise do ya?
Might be somthing to do with the fact they would get their heads kicked in.
QED they will only fight angainst somthing which wont fight back.
Interesting point eh?
I will be clumping some soap dodgers if they get in my way this year.
astraboy.
Old 23 April 2002, 02:35 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Why are they trying to 'reclaim the streets' in a city? How do they think cities were built? There are plenty of places in the world where they can pursue these 'anti-society' lives, it's just that these places tend to be a bit short of amenities
Old 23 April 2002, 02:46 PM
Elvis Presley
Scooby Regular

Why don't they go and start a commune out in the middle of Exmoor or somewhere?

I guess they wouldn't be able to get to the dole office, or to the bank to make a withdrawel from the trust fund that Daddy the Rich Solicitor left them.

Actually, the New age poo heads are far worse than the trustafarians. They don't want to be a part of society and contribute, but then where do they go when they need hospital treatment - the F*cking witch doctor?
Old 23 April 2002, 05:51 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
As for horses.... they belong in a ******* field eating grass, not on the road leaving great big turds for my tyres to drive thru, I have never seen a horse rider with a pooper scooper!!! Illegal for dogs to **** on a public path/street but fine for bleeding horses to do it.

I am gonna shut up now before I internally combust

RAOFLMAO.......laugh...I fooking shat!
Old 23 April 2002, 08:09 PM
skiddusmarkus
Scooby Regular

I got a visit from the local plod for scaring horses-I slowed down,moved right over the other side of the road and when a safe distance past(at least 3 feet)accelerated away.The officer said that my dump valve made one rear up as it was frightened-not as frightened as me when I'm doing 60mph on a country lane and come round a bend to be confronted by bleeding horses travelling 2 abreast-it's a road not a bridal path.Similarly,streets are roads,not pavements so what's their point?.Reclaim the streets,they should reclean the streets and while they're at it have a bath.
Old 24 April 2002, 09:25 AM
Elvis Presley
Scooby Regular

Talking

[Reclaim the streets,they should reclean the streets and while they're at it have a bath]