Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Gay Marriage ?

Search this Thread

Old 22 July 2011, 07:31 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gay Marriage ?

Was listening to some stuff about New York and the American Army accepting homosexuality and Gay marriage, the Americans seem to really struggle with it, I personally don't have an issue, doesn't upset, offend or bother me and would be happy to have a gay couple as neighbours or whatever, I really cant se why anyone would protest against gay marriage, who as the time to bother about something that has some little impact ?

Homosexuality wont go away as people don't like it, they wont stop just because someone finds it distasteful, just enjoy your sexuality and don't worry about someone else's, don't worry about it being against the bible, Quran or whatever as they are all works of fiction from 2000 years ago, they all vary but Gay people are here now and real, Ok they wont have babies as they are reproductively speaking, barking up the wrong tree but I think they understand that.

I think the naysayers are terrified to show support for the fear that they are seen to approve and may be considered gay, I just see it as if a bloke feels about another bloke like I do for women then far be it from me to tell him he is wrong if he finds another like minded man, apart from the sex angle, partnership is partnership, if they want to get married (madness, but if they want to despite being able to avoid it) then so be it !
Old 22 July 2011, 07:47 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the gays
Old 22 July 2011, 07:51 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Wink

Originally Posted by davyboy
I love the gays
You're gay for the gayo's.
Old 22 July 2011, 08:01 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

J4cko

Their problem is "The Word of GOD!" some babble written 200+ years after the death of a man from Palestine, who was nailed to a cross by the romans.

Which MUST be followed to the LETTER and says "Gays are just bad M`kay!"

Last edited by Jimbob; 22 July 2011 at 08:02 PM.
Old 22 July 2011, 08:03 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Homosexuality wont go away as people don't like it, they wont stop just because someone finds it distasteful, just enjoy your sexuality and don't worry about someone else's, don't worry about it being against the bible, Quran or whatever as they are all works of fiction from 2000 years ago, they all vary but Gay people are here now and real, Ok they wont have babies as they are reproductively speaking, barking up the wrong tree but I think they understand that.
What do you mean by 'real'?

No society define a 'sexual species' called homosexuals before western civilisation in the 19th century.

Could it be that 'gay' is just a construct?
Old 22 July 2011, 08:07 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
J4CKO, You post a lot of threads protesting your stance on gays......
Fancy nipping out for a drink to talk about it big boy

I cant remember all my old threads so am impressed you can ! just thought to post based on reading the news, if you think I may be gay then I am cool with that, not exactly the end of the world but I do like the ladies, its a cross I have to bear.
Old 22 July 2011, 08:07 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

If they would stop acting like *******, they'd be dead on. Sadly too many of them have watched Queer As Folk and see this as some sort of guide to gay culture.

Personally I have no time for the fruity ones.

Trending Topics

Old 22 July 2011, 08:11 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

I agree that excessively camp does grate, I have a Lesbian friend who insists on mentioning her sexuality all the time, I mean all the time but most gay people don't as far as I can tell.
Old 22 July 2011, 08:17 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

I have lesbian neighbours they are a really nice family but the daughter from a previous marriage has really been put through it at school.

Got to feel for the children.
Gays are not a problem for me. But gay couples wanting to adopt docent sit well to be honest.
Old 22 July 2011, 08:25 PM
Jimbob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wish
I have lesbian neighbours they are a really nice family but the daughter from a previous marriage has really been put through it at school.

Got to feel for the children.
Gays are not a problem for me. But gay couples wanting to adopt docent sit well to be honest.
But a home where they have stability, is better than in a care home surely??

They shouldn`t be in a position where they are "brainwashed" into thinking that homosexual is what they should do, but that homosexuality is just human nature.
And that they should be encouraged to grow up rounded and more tolerant, and also to accept themselves whatever sexuality they are.

I for one would rather a child get brought up by a loving couple, than any care home.

As Frankie Boyle once said "My dads bigger than your dad.........Thats NOTHING, My dad will BUM your dad!!" lol.

Last edited by Jimbob; 22 July 2011 at 08:26 PM.
Old 22 July 2011, 08:28 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

I couldn't care less if someone is Gay. They can't help it. It's in their Genes.

However.....................

I do have a problem with those who camp it up to F00k. Why can't you just be Gay and normal? Walking around with your arms flailing about, crying over anything and everything, and calling everyone B!tch it just trying to show the world that you're gay. STOP IT YOU TW.AT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same as those who show they're Gay by eating each others face off in public. Look at us!!! We're Gay and proud of it. We'll show you all we're gay by snogging like teenagers on heat. It's bad enough seeing a Hetrosexual couple snogging in public, but 2 Homo's at it to "Show" they're Gay is just ******* annoying.

There are 2 Lesbian couples in our flats. Nice girls. One of them is very nice..... which is a shame, as every time I see her I always think, "Such a waste". Me and her would be very good together otherwise.
Old 22 July 2011, 08:33 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

gay couples wanting to adopt docent sit well to be honest.
I must admit, that doesn't sit well with me either. You just know Elton's adopted son will be playing with Barbie and flower arranging instead of playing with cars and Action figures.

They will press their Gayness on a child. Although he won't be Gay, it he'll know he's not, but he will be very feminine in his mannerisms because of the way he has been brought up.
Old 22 July 2011, 08:41 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
I must admit, that doesn't sit well with me either. You just know Elton's adopted son will be playing with Barbie and flower arranging instead of playing with cars and Action figures.

They will press their Gayness on a child. Although he won't be Gay, it he'll know he's not, but he will be very feminine in his mannerisms because of the way he has been brought up.
I don't think Gay people are always opposite their actual gender in mannerisms and image, it is pretty common but not always.
Old 22 July 2011, 08:52 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

But gay couples wanting to adopt docent sit well to be honest.
I used to feel the same.

However there are plenty of damaged kids out the who are unable to attach to certain sexes due to years of abuse. So, in fact same sex relationships actually help with this bonding process.
Old 22 July 2011, 08:54 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover

That's not true. Gay parents to not breed gay or extreme opposites to gender stereotypes.

My son plays with barbies pretty much 50% of his playtime at home. Well, if he's left to if. I do encourage him to play with other things, and spend time outside, but given the choice it's barbie all the way!
I don't wear pink, or heels or have blonde hair.

Gay marriage or being a gay parent isn't an issue to me (we have discussed the Elton John baby thing before).
Gay parents don't thrust their sexuality on their children anymore than straight parents.
Old 22 July 2011, 09:58 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

I can't understand how natural selection hasn't killed it off as a trait

TX.
Old 22 July 2011, 10:04 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X

TX.
Because homosexuality has only been acceptable in the West for say the last 30 years. Up untill then, gay people regularly reproduced owing to society's expectation.

Last edited by JTaylor; 22 July 2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 22 July 2011, 10:05 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

People get so stressed out when someone openly admits to not liking all this homosexuality but really is it any different than the thought process that makes people gay in the first place.

People wouldn't get so uptight if you hated rats.....who are coincidentally also disease carriers.
Old 22 July 2011, 10:19 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Gay marriage, fine. Being gay, fine. Being forced to accept that gay couples should be allowed to adopt? No, I don't agree with it.

Might be homophobic and unfair and I'm sorry but I do not agree that it is right. I just don't agree with and I'm not prepared to go along with it just to keep gay people happy.
Old 22 July 2011, 10:28 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Terminator X

TX.
For it to die out it has to be an inherited trait in the first place, something the scientific jury is still definitely out on. But JT has a point, up until the late 19th Century at least, the proportion of the adult population which wasn't married and reproducing was microscopic.
Old 22 July 2011, 11:08 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor
Because homosexuality has only been acceptable in the West for say the last 30 years. Up untill then, gay people regularly reproduced owing to society's expectation.
That's not true. In classical antiquity there was no 'ban' on same sex relationships, but they never had a science of sexuality which defined a thing called 'homosexuality'.

In the Spartan army for example same sex acts were encouraged.

'Homosexuality' is just a construct we have invented.
Old 22 July 2011, 11:15 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
That's not true. In classical antiquity there was no 'ban' on same sex relationships, but they never had a science of sexuality which defined a thing called 'homosexuality'.

In the Spartan army for example same sex acts were encouraged.

'Homosexuality' is just a construct we have invented.
Fancy a ****, I'm not gay?
Old 22 July 2011, 11:20 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Fancy a ****, I'm not gay?
No thanks.

Serious I was reading 'The history of sexuality part 1' by Michael Foucault recently. Such a smart thinker, incredible. You won't view current liberal-left orthodox thinking in the same light again.
Old 22 July 2011, 11:31 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

No thanks.

Serious I was reading 'The history of sexuality part 1' by Michael Foucault recently. Such a smart thinker, incredible. You won't view current liberal-left orthodox thinking in the same light again.
I'll have a look at the book, but I'll take some convincing that homosexuality is a construct. If somebody finds a person of the same sex attractive and doesn't find members of the opposite sex attractive, surely they are a homosexual. By your reasoning, homosexuality doesn't exist; does this mean heterosexuality doesn't exist?

"I'm not homosexual, I'm not hetrosexual, I'm just sexual." - Michael Stipe.
Old 22 July 2011, 11:42 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Was listening to some stuff about New York and the American Army accepting homosexuality and Gay marriage, the Americans seem to really struggle with it, I personally don't have an issue, doesn't upset, offend or bother me and would be happy to have a gay couple as neighbours or whatever, I really cant se why anyone would protest against gay marriage, who as the time to bother about something that has some little impact ?

I think the naysayers are terrified to show support for the fear that they are seen to approve and may be considered gay, I just see it as if a bloke feels about another bloke like I do for women then far be it from me to tell him he is wrong if he finds another like minded man, apart from the sex angle, partnership is partnership, if they want to get married (madness, but if they want to despite being able to avoid it) then so be it !
This is like a typical "I can accept gays" post of about 20 years ago

For the record I'm not gay, don't really care either way but don't like the super camps and don't think gays are best suited to bring up kids. I feel that gays can be more caring and talented especially in the artistic arena than straights. But I am old fashioned enough to be pleased that my kids, now grown up, don't have gay tendencies (and, yes, I am pretty sure about this).

Oddly enough my kids could spot a gay in their circle of friends at quite a young age and usually well before parents had a clue about their own kids sexuality. dl
Old 22 July 2011, 11:45 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Let's say the population of the planet is 6 Billion
Roughly split - 3 Billion Women, 3 Billion Men

There are how many options
Men that like Women
Women that like Men
Men that like Men
Women that like Women

(a few crossovers that I'm going to ignore)

Is it not the case that 95%+ are:

Men that like Women
or
Women that like Men

Which leaves us with 5% or less:

Men that like Men
or
Women that like Women

Just a simple analysis suggests that the 5% is not the Norm.

IT'S NOT NORMAL
Old 22 July 2011, 11:45 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

I'll have a look at the book, but I'll take some convincing that homosexuality is a construct. If somebody finds a person of the same sex attractive and doesn't find members of the opposite sex attractive, surely they are a homosexual. By your reasoning, homosexuality doesn't exist; does this mean heterosexuality doesn't exist?

"I'm not homosexual, I'm not hetrosexual, I'm just sexual." - Michael Stipe.
Sure but then it comes down to how are we using science to delineate something which is inherently subjective; sexual attraction. And that is before we get on to 'sexual identity' which is again subjective. Plenty of men for example have had sexual experience with other men but would never define themselves as 'gay'.

Foucault makes the point that prior to the 19th century (roughly) society understood the true of sex through 'erotic arts'.

Then in the 19th century we get a 'science of sex' and a centrifugal process where medicine/science identifies all sorts of 'sexual species' and gives them names - homosexual, hysterical woman, invert etc.

Plus you have this narrative of repression of sexuality throughout history giving way to liberation in the later half of the 20th century. He calls that the repression hypothesis and attacks it.

Anyway Foucault is basically concerned with the relationships of knowledge, power, discourse etc. He's saying the emergence of a science of sexuality is to do with power relationships in society rather than as some dispassionate scientific investigation.
Old 22 July 2011, 11:54 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Sure but then it comes down to how are we using science to delineate something which is inherently subjective; sexual attraction. And that is before we get on to 'sexual identity' which is again subjective. Plenty of men for example have had sexual experience with other men but would never define themselves as 'gay'.

Foucault makes the point that prior to the 19th century (roughly) society understood the true of sex through 'erotic arts'.

Then in the 19th century we get a 'science of sex' and a centrifugal process where medicine/science identifies all sorts of 'sexual species' and gives them names - homosexual, hysterical woman, invert etc.

Plus you have this narrative of repression of sexuality throughout history giving way to liberation in the later half of the 20th century. He calls that the repression hypothesis and attacks it.

Anyway Foucault is basically concerned with the relationships of knowledge, power, discourse etc. He's saying the emergence of a science of sexuality is to do with power relationships in society rather than as some dispassionate scientific investigation.
All very interesting. So if a man fancies other men, and doesn't fancy women, do you think and feel that it's wrong that he or society should use the word homosexual when discussing his sexuality?
Old 22 July 2011, 11:54 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Well Mr Foucault sounds like a real fun person

TdW - please post in clear English that us mere intellectual retards can understand.

Was Foucault a queer?

dl
Old 22 July 2011, 11:56 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
Well Mr Foucault sounds like a real fun person

TdW - please post in clear English that us mere intellectual retards can understand.

Was Foucault a queer?

dl
PMSL!

Quick Reply: Gay Marriage ?