Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

incredible bravery!!

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2011, 08:09 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default incredible bravery!!

just seen this on the lancer register, have a read amazing stuff!

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=381007

he deserves a medal imho.
Old 19 July 2011, 08:17 PM
dan.evans
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what a human being, fair play to him hopw to think id do the same thing if i was in the postions.
Old 19 July 2011, 08:18 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Old 19 July 2011, 08:30 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Wow! Top man!
Old 19 July 2011, 08:46 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamo
just seen this on the lancer register, have a read amazing stuff!

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=381007

he deserves a medal imho.
A medal for saving her? Yes. The maybe a driving ban as he admitted he'd had a drink and was walking to his car to drive home.

Last edited by stilover; 19 July 2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 19 July 2011, 08:50 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Originally Posted by stilover
A medal for saving her? Yes. The maybe a driving bad as he admitted he'd had a drink and was walking to his car to drive home.
I saw that too, but he didnt drive did he..
Old 19 July 2011, 08:51 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Top man and love how he was worried about his car once he woke up

Trending Topics

Old 19 July 2011, 09:11 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamo
I saw that too, but he didnt drive did he..
No he didn't drive, as he was busy getting stabbed and shot.

Who knows. If he had made it to his car, got in and drove, then had a car crash and killed someone, you might be calling him an a.reshole rather than a hero.

Maybe Karma was just making sure he was the only one hurt that night, and not an innocent road user?
Old 19 July 2011, 09:22 PM
leedscal
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
No he didn't drive, as he was busy getting stabbed and shot.

Who knows. If he had made it to his car, got in and drove, then had a car crash and killed someone, you might be calling him an a.reshole rather than a hero.

Maybe Karma was just making sure he was the only one hurt that night, and not an innocent road user?
or maybe fate put him there so that the women was not raped and killed and her 4 and 5 yr old children still have there mother, "karma making sure he was the only one hurt that night" no maybe he wa making sure nobody was hurt that night by jumping in and saving her life
Old 19 July 2011, 10:08 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Amazing story, what a guy!

Makes you wonder how many women this happens to. A lot probably don't even tell anyone.
Old 19 July 2011, 10:13 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

Jesus Christ!

Good on him for helping but bloody hell he didn't half get done over. Hope he makes a full recovery.
Old 19 July 2011, 10:24 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

I tried finding a news article on it, unfortunately there's so many stabbings and shootings in Harrow (if that was where it happened) I can't find the exact report..

http://www.harrowtimes.co.uk/news/
Old 19 July 2011, 11:00 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Hmm.... not seen any mention of this in the press.
Anyone got any links to ouside media on this?

A few things he says are odd...

3 days after the event he is up and on his feet... but he says he was in surgery. Cant see any marks on his hands / arms from IV etc.

He wakes up in surgery... quite rare..

I know a little bit about gun shot trauma (entry, exit, cavitation, tumbling etc etc), and to take a shot in the abdo.... not good.... and the chances of hitting the small intestine, 99.9% I would say looking at that dressing... and would you be up and about on your feet in 3 days... he is one lucky guy if he was. Lets not forget kidney, liver etc been very lucky to miss everything. Wonder how his exit wound is doing.

Would not expect a rape victim to be allowed anywhere near him on the night. Cross contamination of evidence.... every police officer in the land knows that.

The police then allow her to drive his car to the hospital 24 hours after the incident?

Would hope the police would have a major incident team on this case...

Lets see how this pans out.....
Old 19 July 2011, 11:11 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 19 July 2011, 11:20 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by billythekid
Hmm.... not seen any mention of this in the press.
Anyone got any links to ouside media on this?

A few things he says are odd...

3 days after the event he is up and on his feet... but he says he was in surgery. Cant see any marks on his hands / arms from IV etc.

He wakes up in surgery... quite rare..

I know a little bit about gun shot trauma (entry, exit, cavitation, tumbling etc etc), and to take a shot in the abdo.... not good.... and the chances of hitting the small intestine, 99.9% I would say looking at that dressing... and would you be up and about on your feet in 3 days... he is one lucky guy if he was. Lets not forget kidney, liver etc been very lucky to miss everything. Wonder how his exit wound is doing.

Would not expect a rape victim to be allowed anywhere near him on the night. Cross contamination of evidence.... every police officer in the land knows that.

The police then allow her to drive his car to the hospital 24 hours after the incident?

Would hope the police would have a major incident team on this case...

Lets see how this pans out.....
Maybe that was what I was hinting #3 posts above

Last edited by what would scooby do; 19 July 2011 at 11:21 PM.
Old 19 July 2011, 11:48 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

I call Bullsh1t.

That "Cut" looks an odd shape for being hit with a machete. Surely a strike with a machete (from a left hander) would have inflicted a deeper injury or even a broken collar bone rather than what appears to be a "slice" drawn down from the top left to the bottom right?
Old 19 July 2011, 11:51 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

I call bollocks, no press no police appeal and what rapist figures that he needs a gun and a knife to rape a lone woman. It also seems odd that a kidnapper would not wait for the area to be clear of other people before attempting to kidnap or rape someone. The scar looks nothing like a machete wound either.
Old 19 July 2011, 11:52 PM
billyray911
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by what would scooby do
Maybe that was what I was hinting #3 posts above
Been discussing this on another forum thread and I agree it does sound a bit far fetched.
Especially as there is no mention of what's happened in the local rags.
Apparently,according to the op,the Police aren't interested due to lack of witnesses/ evidence-I think something this serious would warrant some kind of police involvement...
The lad got the injuries somehow.I'd like to believe him,I really would,but...
Old 20 July 2011, 12:06 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by billyray911
The lad got the injuries somehow.I'd like to believe him,I really would,but...
Either Photoshop / Self inflicted / Something else

NOT from being hit with a machete.

The blokes full of **** IMHO.
Old 20 July 2011, 12:20 AM
Jonny_
Scooby Regular

i think i have found the guys facebook, might add him. surely it will be full of concerned messages from family and friends if legit?
Old 20 July 2011, 12:22 AM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

I notice he's already applied for compo.

Hmmmm.
Old 20 July 2011, 12:24 AM
Jonny_
Scooby Regular

its gotta be bull****, doesnt appear to be a stitch or staple in that wound, and it only happened 3 days ago ?

i dont believe he would be out of hospital so soon, a friend of mine actually did get shot last week and is still in and will be for some time

bs all over it
Old 20 July 2011, 01:01 AM
mylilscooby
Scooby Regular

the difference between scars one was a three days after the one and the bottom and the top one was the next day BULLLLLLSHHHHIIIIIIIITTT

Old 20 July 2011, 02:03 AM
Saxo Boy
Scooby Regular

This story seems highly unlikely based on the assumptions that people have all ready made and particularly the injuries shown in the picture. Firstly, you simply cannot play this incident down and say the police would not be interested in a case where two guys tried to rape someone and then shot a passer by who tried to help. It would 100% make local news and, in all likelihood, national news as well.

The scar just doesn't look right either and I'm not sure what the yellow is supposed to be....bruising? If so, surely this picture was taken far too soon after the event for yellow bruising to be showing? Is it not the case that bruises start of red/purple because of broken blood vessels and the yellow is actually a chemical by product of hemoglobin? I remember something about this from that program about the human body on BBC recently.

They key problem with the scar is that it would be almost impossible to swing a machete in a manner where it would remain at a fairly consistent depth across that much length of the body. It is almost certain that the machete would be swung in a downwards manner meaning it started up on his neck. Where the cut starts and where it intersects his breastbone are several inches apart if you stand facing a wall and measure the distance of these two points from the wall. This means the machete would have to be swung downward while reducing its distance from the victim. This might be plausible if it was at the bottom of a swing arc however, unless the attacker was 11 feet tall or on a ladder this is almost certainly not the case. In fact, it's much more likely it was at the top of swing arc where its depth into the body would still be increasing. As such it would dig down and into bone resulting in a hack like wound rather than a slash. In this particular case it would almost certain crash into the collar bone and stop there. In addition, it would almost certainly break the collar bone as it requires little more than a few lbs to do so.

If that scar is a real scar then it is almost certainly the result of someone pinning a person down and drawing a blade back across the chest in a slashing movement. IMHO it would be almost impossible to make a scar like that with a machete in a hacking downwards motion.

Finally, the scar just looks fake. It could be real if it was the scab from a relatively light surface cut. However, if a machete was to do this over that sort of distance it would surely be to the bone over all/most of its length. Such a wound would require extensive stapling and would have raised edge like in the pictures above.

Then there is the gun shot wound. In order to miss everything major it would have to be angled such that the exit wound is towards the outer edge of his body as opposed to his spine. Despite this, and the fact that exit wounds are much bigger than entry, there is no evidence of a dressing on his back in the picture. The only way he could have a dressing on his back and for us not to see anything of it is if the bullet went in where the tape makes an 'X' and came out in the middle of his back. I'd say there is a more than fair chance it would hit his spine and it would surely have to drill through intestine. Lastly we are dealing with a guy who has a BF% of <10%. He is pretty much skin, bones and vital systems. In short, I don't see how he could have a bullet go straight through his torso and hit nothing important.

Finally, and arguably most importantly, the picture is [allegedly] of a guy that 3 days ago was opened up by a machete across 18" of his body and shot clean through his torso. He almost died and spent a few days in hospital. Now look at his face, his complexion, skin tone, beard growth (rather good maintenance of it) and, crucially, his eyes and area around his eyes. Is that the face/eyes of a man who's body has been through so much in the last few days. Anyone who visited an ill relative in hospital will know they often barely look human. FFS, someone with a cold would look 10x less "fresh" than that guy.
Old 20 July 2011, 04:36 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

I reckon he could have done a Mathieu Basteraux.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathieu...w_Zealand_tour

J.
Old 20 July 2011, 08:59 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

The yellow marks are from the hospital, iodine I think, hospitals always manage to make,your cuts to all yellow an horrible looking.
Old 20 July 2011, 09:09 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Lol - Gotta love the SN armchair forensic investigations

Machete wounds come in all shapes and sizes as do bullet wounds - dependant on the calibre and type of ammunition. a .22 wound is totally different from a 9mm, etc

The attack happened quickly and how's to say if the chap got the events exactly right in his mind in the same way the machette could have easily been a pocket knife in the heat of the moment.

As for the attackers and their motives, could have been a gang initiation or someone making a point, settling old scores... people do things for all sorts of reasons

Last edited by The Zohan; 20 July 2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old 20 July 2011, 09:19 AM
musso2010
Scooby Regular

Maybe he was shot with an air gun?
Old 20 July 2011, 09:32 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Originally Posted by musso2010
Maybe he was shot with an air gun?
I doubt it if his description is correct as he said the bullet went all the way through.
Old 20 July 2011, 09:54 AM
LEO-RS
Scooby Regular

A call to the local police station would solve this if not I reckon an email to a paper like the Daily Mail would get to the bottom of this. If true, a hero story, if false, well it's still a story with the publicity it has received over the internet.

I think the guy has been attacked, no doubts, but probably not for the reasons he is mentioning.

This would be national if true. I suspect someone with enough time will work this out.

Last edited by LEO-RS; 20 July 2011 at 10:03 AM.

Quick Reply: incredible bravery!!