Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Reversing sensors ??!!

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2011, 10:23 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reversing sensors ??!!

Reverse parking sensors - Yep I know normally put on Nissan micras and used by oap`s who dont want to drive into that wall when collecting there pension / weekly shopping !!

anyway !!! a set off reversing sensors is a heck off a lot cheaper than getting a rear bumper replaced should anything ever happen.... on pension day !! anyone ever fitted them to the blobeye ?? know a couple off guys who have fitted some off the cheaper sets to there non subaru cars and are very happy with the performance off them.

going to get them supplied colour coded and put them in the rear bumper off the blobeye, have not looked yet buyt anyone any idea how far the steel bar normally found behind the rear bumpers on cars comes down on the blobeye ??
Old 18 July 2011, 10:58 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

No, sorry. I used to own a classic. Blobeye was a bit too ugly to have, with or without sensors. Even my Passat Estate is better looking than those fuglies.

Reverse parking sensors are hightly annoying. I have front, side and reverse sensors in my Passat estate, even when I am not a pensioner (not yet, anyway). Reverse ones start going BEEP, BEEP, BEEEP, BEEEEEEEP, BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP forever, even when I am about a foot away from the back wall. Stupid things.
Old 18 July 2011, 11:01 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Should hope they start going BEEP, BEEP, BEEEP, BEEEEEEEP, BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP just 12" from a wall !!!

Blobeyes ugly ?? thinking your geting mixed up with the bugeyes mate !!!!
Old 18 July 2011, 11:37 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Ok, I may be getting a bit mixed up TBH. Even then, IMO classics were the prettiest of all models, better than blobbies and buggies. Doesn't matter, though. I was only teasing, anyway. We all like different things, so no worries. About sensors, I am not sure if you need them if you are a sound driver. But then again, toys for boys, they are always fitting something in their cars, so hey! and there are some benefits of having sensors, I understand.
Old 18 July 2011, 11:44 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

No problem, wonder if SAGA has a motoring forum ??!!
Old 19 July 2011, 09:20 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Turbohot;10143068]

Reverse ones start going BEEP, BEEP, BEEEP, BEEEEEEEP, BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP forever, even when I am about a foot away from the back wall. Stupid things.[/QUOTE/]

I'd rather hear a beep than a crunch though

Last edited by Chip; 19 July 2011 at 01:28 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 19 July 2011, 01:22 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jono300
Reverse parking sensors - Yep I know normally put on Nissan micras and used by oap`s who dont want to drive into that wall when collecting there pension / weekly shopping !!

anyway !!! a set off reversing sensors is a heck off a lot cheaper than getting a rear bumper replaced should anything ever happen.... on pension day !! anyone ever fitted them to the blobeye ?? know a couple off guys who have fitted some off the cheaper sets to there non subaru cars and are very happy with the performance off them.

going to get them supplied colour coded and put them in the rear bumper off the blobeye, have not looked yet buyt anyone any idea how far the steel bar normally found behind the rear bumpers on cars comes down on the blobeye ??
Good to hear that just like those poor old pensioners you too want to avoid the risk of bashing your bumper when you also find it tricky to park close to a wall or whatever.

Les
Old 20 July 2011, 01:22 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

I have both front and back parking sensors on a vehicle of mine and I wouldn't be without them. They are superb for parking and turning in tight spots. OK the bleep becomes a constant tone too early but once you've learnt you have another foot or so to play with you drive accordingly. I always park having edged forward a bit on top of the constant bleep if I really need to squeeze in.

Oh and when reverse is selected the radio is muted which saves having to do it manually which I always did anyway. Then when you pull away it comes back on.

I know a guy who retro-fits and colour codes them too and you wouldn't know they weren't factory fitted.
Old 20 July 2011, 02:40 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I agree that they are very useful to have and make life so much easier when you have a tight parking spot to get into.

Les
Old 20 July 2011, 03:16 PM
Ray T
Scooby Regular

Anyone tried this type of sensor, looks easier to fit than drilling holes in the bumper and no colour coding needed either.

http://www.parkingdynamics.co.uk/
Old 20 July 2011, 03:19 PM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

I just reverse slowly untill I feel the bump ? Mostly does not leave a mark. It has almost become a game now to see how hard I can hit my girlfrinds clio with out leaving a dent. I did break her numberplate light once though