Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

bbc1 now
Old 11 July 2011, 08:43 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its so like the welfare state, i.e. gone from provision for when the worst happens to a lifestyle choice.
Old 11 July 2011, 08:46 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just had my renewal through. Gone up 50%
Old 11 July 2011, 08:50 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by foxarm
bbc1 now
Cheers - Will catch it on iPlayer as I have 2 progs recording right now
Old 12 July 2011, 09:17 AM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Seems to be concentrated on three areas of the UK.

Thieving scumbags.

Trending Topics

Old 12 July 2011, 11:09 AM
mamoon2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815

Thieving scumbags.
I didn't see the programme but i'll hazard a guess

Bradford
Birmingham
Luton
Blackburn

I know it 4 guesses but how many did I get right?
Old 12 July 2011, 01:03 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

And all your typical White English man/woman too...........

Oh no wait, they were all Foreign.
Old 12 July 2011, 01:14 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

What I dont like is how they picked Asian people as being the criminals, I am sure that white people do it as well, especially in those areas...

Actually it isnt, this is basically a crime by people of an Asian background but nobody dares say anything, this isnt sayign that all Asian people crash cars to order, just that most of the crash for cash is done by Asians, crime does seem to be kind of segmented by race, saw this at the Police, white guys seemed involved in theft of/from cars, drunken fighting and burglary and seeing a wall full of known street muggers as part of an operation, 90 percent were black/mixed race, the rest being white and no Asian ones.

Does saying this make me racist ? dont think so, crime needs to be targetted and the first step is identifying the typical offender for a given crime, would rather people were upfront about things rather than shouting racist comments at the telly like I suspect a lot were doing last night, sort of ignoring the fact that through the staged accidents are done by Asians, most of those interview about claiming for non existent whiplash were white.

The gravy train needs to come to an end, at the moment all we are doing is allowing fraud wholsale, making lawyers and claims companies rich and then moaning about the premiums !
Old 12 July 2011, 01:21 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Big place, Asia.
Old 12 July 2011, 01:54 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Quite true J4CKO.

I never forget the day after an accident I had involving a third party on a Sunday afternoon. Occupants were a middle class family - all white. Hysterical mother (she needed a slap TBH - 'airplane!' style), making the kid hysterical in turn (poor kid )...But most importantly NO injuries, yet still carted off in an ambulance just to make sure.

The very next day - solicitor's letter on my doorstep claiming pretty much anything and everything under the sun they could think I can be liable for. It made me physically sick with rage. To be so 'injured' (mentally) yet on the next day well enough to scurry down to the solicitor's first thing monday morning barely 17hours later! Injury my ****! I wasn't even feeling any whiplash (had worse from karting accidents)!

What made it worse is I had NO contact details for them. Seeing they were carted off in an ambulance before I had chance to exchange details. Yet they managed to get my home address....and it wasn't from the car's reg number because that was registered to my business address.

I refused to acknowledge the letter (despite it demanding I do so within five days) as the way it was worded, signing it was admitting blanket liability to all the claims they put forward (of which some were just cut+paste bull crap, like not sounding my horn etc.... they didn't either ). I just notified my insurer of the accident and reg number of the third party (I had nothing else to give), and let them deal with it. Never heard anything more from the solicitors.

The other time was in a minor bumper bash after my brakes failed. First thing the passenger does when she gets out is moan about how hurt she is. However seemed ok at nagging her huband, walking around fine. Now I don't know about other poeple, but when I'm hurt I usually stay still and avoid moving. But no she was strutting about giving it all this and that. And yes, she was white. Her husband just gave her a "woman - STFU!" stare and then proceeded to ignore her constant twittering whilst we exchanged details. Again, both whiter than a snow flake and in their mid/late 40's too.

Just goes to show - where's there's blame there's a claim.

The two times I've had an 'ethnic' crash in to me (their fault), they always wanted to settle the problem in cash. One purchased the car off me (Polo made 6 inches shorter by a hefty rear-ender) and teh other was taking the side out on my Nissan and damaging the sidewall on the tyre.

They both got the cash to me on the spot there and then. Certainly easier and quicker to sort out. I expect they probably shouldn't have been driving anyway for whatever reason (insurance license etc), so it was wise to take the cash rather than try and make claims etc. but either way, they made good of the situation.

Last edited by ALi-B; 12 July 2011 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12 July 2011, 01:54 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor
Big place, Asia.
True but cant really be that much more specific based on looking at somebody, same as I could be from any one of several European countries.
Old 12 July 2011, 02:22 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I might go out and buy me a classic tractor for £54 a year fully comp
Old 12 July 2011, 02:26 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
True but cant really be that much more specific based on looking at somebody, same as I could be from any one of several European countries.
I haven't seen the programme, yet. I'll have a look later and see if it's possible to be more specific about the origins these people - it seems a shame to sully the name of nearly 3.9 billion people.
Old 12 July 2011, 02:42 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

I haven't seen the programme, yet. I'll have a look later and see if it's possible to be more specific about the origins these people - it seems a shame to sully the name of nearly 3.9 billion people.
I did point out that not all Asian people are crash for cash scammers in certain areas of the Uk, but that a lot of crash for cash scammers, in fact all the ones I have seen reported were of Asian origin, I did point out that all sections of society have criminality just that there tend to be certain trends which seem to be culture based.

This is what happens, people get uncomfortable and obtuse and try to pick holes to avoid the dreaded "racist" card being played, basically if you crash cars on purpose for money you need stopping regardless of ethnic origin, that was the subject of the documentary, I am equally quite happy to have a go at my own culture, race, religion however in this case there does seem to be overwhelming evidence it is this specific group, as has been voiced quite directly by a colleague who is from Pakistan, who is equally disgusted and a little less delicate about it than myself.
Old 12 July 2011, 03:48 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Predominantly Pakistani, then?
Old 12 July 2011, 03:54 PM
danos14
Scooby Regular

The insurers make me mad. You have a no fault accident and your insurers sell your details. Then you get bombarded by texts saying you could be entitled to £3750 compensation..... reply for no win no fee bla bla..

The insurers blame the current rise on the claim culture yet activly encourage it.
Old 12 July 2011, 04:05 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Jacko, you are being played by a master
Old 12 July 2011, 04:26 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Debater?

Last edited by JTaylor; 12 July 2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old 12 July 2011, 04:38 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Quite true J4CKO.

I never forget the day after an accident I had involving a third party on a Sunday afternoon. Occupants were a middle class family - all white. Hysterical mother (she needed a slap TBH - 'airplane!' style), making the kid hysterical in turn (poor kid )...But most importantly NO injuries, yet still carted off in an ambulance just to make sure.

The very next day - solicitor's letter on my doorstep claiming pretty much anything and everything under the sun they could think I can be liable for. It made me physically sick with rage. To be so 'injured' (mentally) yet on the next day well enough to scurry down to the solicitor's first thing monday morning barely 17hours later! Injury my ****! I wasn't even feeling any whiplash (had worse from karting accidents)!

What made it worse is I had NO contact details for them. Seeing they were carted off in an ambulance before I had chance to exchange details. Yet they managed to get my home address....and it wasn't from the car's reg number because that was registered to my business address.

I refused to acknowledge the letter (despite it demanding I do so within five days) as the way it was worded, signing it was admitting blanket liability to all the claims they put forward (of which some were just cut+paste bull crap, like not sounding my horn etc.... they didn't either ). I just notified my insurer of the accident and reg number of the third party (I had nothing else to give), and let them deal with it. Never heard anything more from the solicitors.

The other time was in a minor bumper bash after my brakes failed. First thing the passenger does when she gets out is moan about how hurt she is. However seemed ok at nagging her huband, walking around fine. Now I don't know about other poeple, but when I'm hurt I usually stay still and avoid moving. But no she was strutting about giving it all this and that. And yes, she was white. Her husband just gave her a "woman - STFU!" stare and then proceeded to ignore her constant twittering whilst we exchanged details. Again, both whiter than a snow flake and in their mid/late 40's too.

Just goes to show - where's there's blame there's a claim.

The two times I've had an 'ethnic' crash in to me (their fault), they always wanted to settle the problem in cash. One purchased the car off me (Polo made 6 inches shorter by a hefty rear-ender) and teh other was taking the side out on my Nissan and damaging the sidewall on the tyre.

They both got the cash to me on the spot there and then. Certainly easier and quicker to sort out. I expect they probably shouldn't have been driving anyway for whatever reason (insurance license etc), so it was wise to take the cash rather than try and make claims etc. but either way, they made good of the situation.
F**k me your unlucky. I have never had an accident in 30 years of driving!
Old 12 July 2011, 04:39 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by danos14
The insurers make me mad. You have a no fault accident and your insurers sell your details. Then you get bombarded by texts saying you could be entitled to £3750 compensation..... reply for no win no fee bla bla..

The insurers blame the current rise on the claim culture yet activly encourage it.
and the same people who were advertising cheap loans to people who could not aford them are now advertising debt consolidation/management to the very same people

making money is making money
Old 12 July 2011, 04:46 PM
SinghSuperStud
Scooby Regular

Sick and tired of this 'asian' label - they were probably Pakistani Muslims - yes they are asians but as an Indian I object to being villified (by being included in the asian label) all because the media are too **** scared to say Pakistani/Muslim!!!

People need to face up to it - same as the whole white teenager grooming thing going on recently/now
Old 12 July 2011, 04:52 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

If you see the list of excluded postcodes it does tell a story unfortunately.
Old 12 July 2011, 04:59 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

F**k me your unlucky. I have never had an accident in 30 years of driving!

Wouldn't say it was that bad in 15 years and well over 300,000miles of mostly urban/city driving with a squeeky clean license, only three 'my fault' two of which were at traffic speeds below 20mph.
Old 12 July 2011, 05:02 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SinghSuperStud
Sick and tired of this 'asian' label - they were probably Pakistani Muslims - yes they are asians but as an Indian I object to being villified (by being included in the asian label) all because the media are too **** scared to say Pakistani/Muslim!!!

People need to face up to it - same as the whole white teenager grooming thing going on recently/now
We do know the difference mate, honest ! I didnt see any Turbans in that documentary..., I didnt recongise anyone as being Hindu so I think your assertion is probably correct but it does seem to be an unpopular thing to say. If there is a problem that costs each driver £40 a year (possibly more) on their insurance premium then it needs dealing with as people are apt to take the **** if they think people darent say anything.
Old 12 July 2011, 05:24 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Debater?
That was good, I'll give you that
Old 12 July 2011, 05:26 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Wouldn't say it was that bad in 15 years and well over 300,000miles of mostly urban/city driving with a squeeky clean license, only three 'my fault' two of which were at traffic speeds below 20mph.
having driven extensively around North America and Canada, Europe (including Norway, (at minus fecking loads) Cyprus and some dusty/sandy places I must have been very lucky!

My insurance is still up because of these thieveing ***** though!
Old 12 July 2011, 06:06 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Thieving scumbags.

Without reading any responses after this one I'll guarantee one I Bradford/West Yorkshire and another is Birmingam/West Midlands. Again I'll reitterate why I avoid purchasing cars or other goods from these areas if I can.
Old 12 July 2011, 06:15 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Just as well, we won't sell to someone like COB anyway

Quick Reply: Panorama crash for cash