Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Need to lose weight - can anybody help?

Search this Thread

Old 09 July 2011, 11:32 PM
Traliese
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to lose weight - can anybody help?

I am nearly 14 years old and I am overweight. I am exactly 11st. 9lb. I was 14st. last year and over alot of months since last summer I cut out all the sweets and fizzy drinks and ate regular meals. Then it began to get harder so I starting cutting out meals, I never did eat breakfast anyway but since it got so hard I skipped dinner and just ate tea (or lunch) which was a sandwich. A couple of days I remember I went the whole day without eating anything but it was easy because I drank water and it filled me up. It really worked! I lost so much weight so fast and was now 10st 3lbs. Then my mother brought me to the doctor because I was starving myself and convinced me to stop or it would only get worse and that if I kept starving myself then I would just have a huge lump of skin on my tummy. My mother of course convinced me I was thin so I started eating regular meals and was happy! but then the fizzy drinks and sweets took over again, I started taking snacks and I couldn't help it. I felt hungry all the time so ate. At first it was like once small snack a day but now it's turned into having snacks all the time! Fruit isn't as nice as sweets obviously so I stuck to sweets and never ate fruit as a snack or anything healthy. Now I've realised what I've done to myself and I actually hate myself for doing to to myself. Now every night when I go to bed and lie down on my pillow I think of how much food I ate that day and wish I could take it all back and promise myself the next day I will change but never do. I don't know, I guess I don't have the motivation anymore and I want it back! I've read so many tips and diets on the internet it is unreal. So I kind of know what to do... I know exercising is the best way to lose weight and drink plenty of water. Also I know I have to change what I eat to, I eat toppings like sauce, mayonnaise and salad cream too and I've read that I need to cut it out. I'm not that into dairy products. Infact the only dairy product I like is yoghurts and I'm kind of fussy on what type of yoghurts. I do like muller light though.

So today I've ate in the morning for breakfast I ate a coco pops cereal bar (which usually I'd actually take special K but was in a bit of a rush today so grabbed anything) after I got home which was 3 hours later I got a slice of wheaten bread with red jam. For dinner then I ate Mince with mashed potatoes and carrots (but not to fond on carrots) later I was watching a movie with my friends so ate salted popcorn, a big bag too and then for tea I had chips and a burger and bap with sauce. And I haven't ate since. I drink alot of fizzy drinks during the day too or diluted juice.

I want you if you could please tell me what to replace some foods with. I kind of need to eat what I get in my house but I could cut down on some portions maybe. And maybe I could change my meal. If you could tell me what I should do with my diet please do post. I need help, I am going on holiday next year and am going to a wedding in october. As well as that I am starting my 3rd year in secondary school and I want to be thin. I was picked on most of 1st year because of my weight and I really don't want that for another year.

Thank you to anybody who posts! I'm really hoping I can lose at least a stone during the summer, if not more. Off course I would love to lose 2 stone! but I'm probably dreaming if I want that in 6 weeks :P
Old 09 July 2011, 11:39 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

??
Old 09 July 2011, 11:42 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Just remember one thing. This hole (points at gob) is twenty times bigger than this hole. (points at anus). Eat accordingly.
Old 09 July 2011, 11:43 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Traliese
I am nearly 14 years old and I am overweight. I am exactly 11st. 9lb. I was 14st. last year and over alot of months since last summer I cut out all the sweets and fizzy drinks and ate regular meals. Then it began to get harder so I starting cutting out meals, I never did eat breakfast anyway but since it got so hard I skipped dinner and just ate tea (or lunch) which was a sandwich. A couple of days I remember I went the whole day without eating anything but it was easy because I drank water and it filled me up. It really worked! I lost so much weight so fast and was now 10st 3lbs. Then my mother brought me to the doctor because I was starving myself and convinced me to stop or it would only get worse and that if I kept starving myself then I would just have a huge lump of skin on my tummy. My mother of course convinced me I was thin so I started eating regular meals and was happy! but then the fizzy drinks and sweets took over again, I started taking snacks and I couldn't help it. I felt hungry all the time so ate. At first it was like once small snack a day but now it's turned into having snacks all the time! Fruit isn't as nice as sweets obviously so I stuck to sweets and never ate fruit as a snack or anything healthy. Now I've realised what I've done to myself and I actually hate myself for doing to to myself. Now every night when I go to bed and lie down on my pillow I think of how much food I ate that day and wish I could take it all back and promise myself the next day I will change but never do. I don't know, I guess I don't have the motivation anymore and I want it back! I've read so many tips and diets on the internet it is unreal. So I kind of know what to do... I know exercising is the best way to lose weight and drink plenty of water. Also I know I have to change what I eat to, I eat toppings like sauce, mayonnaise and salad cream too and I've read that I need to cut it out. I'm not that into dairy products. Infact the only dairy product I like is yoghurts and I'm kind of fussy on what type of yoghurts. I do like muller light though.

So today I've ate in the morning for breakfast I ate a coco pops cereal bar (which usually I'd actually take special K but was in a bit of a rush today so grabbed anything) after I got home which was 3 hours later I got a slice of wheaten bread with red jam. For dinner then I ate Mince with mashed potatoes and carrots (but not to fond on carrots) later I was watching a movie with my friends so ate salted popcorn, a big bag too and then for tea I had chips and a burger and bap with sauce. And I haven't ate since. I drink alot of fizzy drinks during the day too or diluted juice.

I want you if you could please tell me what to replace some foods with. I kind of need to eat what I get in my house but I could cut down on some portions maybe. And maybe I could change my meal. If you could tell me what I should do with my diet please do post. I need help, I am going on holiday next year and am going to a wedding in october. As well as that I am starting my 3rd year in secondary school and I want to be thin. I was picked on most of 1st year because of my weight and I really don't want that for another year.

Thank you to anybody who posts! I'm really hoping I can lose at least a stone during the summer, if not more. Off course I would love to lose 2 stone! but I'm probably dreaming if I want that in 6 weeks :P
I think you should show us your miracle weight-loss plan and stop beating about the bush.
Old 09 July 2011, 11:54 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

Why is a 14 year old on a Car site?
Old 10 July 2011, 12:01 AM
DantheMan2605
Scooby Regular

Ive gotton onto a HARSH training regime. Started at end of march @ 16.4 stone

Weighed myself a few days ago... 12.9 stone.

Bottom line is, nothing is impossible to acheive if you want it enough. And you HAVE got to want it.

Dont starve yourself thats the worst possible way of losing weight. When you starve yourself the stomach shutsdown after being empty for a few hours. Then when you eat, it shocks the stomach into working thus tricking your body into thinking its the last meal itll ever eat, so it will absorb as much fat from the foods and store it as body fat. So when you think about it sensibly this will only cause you to put on more weight.

Remember its not how much you eat, its WHAT you eat.
Old 10 July 2011, 12:04 AM
DantheMan2605
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CREWJ

OH YE

Didnt notice that

Trending Topics

Old 10 July 2011, 12:05 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CREWJ
Exactly, I was going to ask if the op was male or female, then thought it sounded wrong that I even cared.
Old 10 July 2011, 12:12 AM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Or, he might want actual advise but wants to do it in away his mates never find out?
Old 10 July 2011, 12:16 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dedrater
Or, he might want actual advise but wants to do it in away his mates never find out?
Maybe, but surely at 14 years old, you would try somewhere with a bit more knowledge on the subject, not a car enthusiast website?

It would be like me going to a stamp collectors fan page and asking advice on how to make a victoria sponge.
Old 10 July 2011, 12:18 AM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

[owned by Hysteria]
Old 10 July 2011, 12:26 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

[owned by Hysteria]
Yeah.... You know it!
Old 10 July 2011, 12:32 AM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

[Accepted]

Old 10 July 2011, 12:34 AM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Who makes a Victoria sponge anymore, anyway?
Old 10 July 2011, 12:36 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Just realised my example of a victoria sponge was in poor taste. Lol!
Old 10 July 2011, 12:37 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Who makes a Victoria sponge anymore, anyway?
I had a crack at one last year. The evidence is on facebook. I use the word 'evidence' as it reflects the dorry' state of my attempt quite well.
Old 10 July 2011, 01:24 AM
scouser321
Scooby Regular

Try eating little and often,

Multi vitamins in the morning, followed by some porridge.

Then after breakfast aim to eat another 4 small meals before 6:30pm

An example of one of the meals could be

Chicken/tuna/turkey
Lettuce
Onions
Tomatoes
Boiled egg

Have a look at maybe buying some meal replacement drinks. Healthy foods are better but you can use one of these per day.

Drink as much water as you can

Do atleast 40 minutes of exercise per day

I've lost 4 stone in the past, alot of the time a diet fails due to lack of preparation. Prepare your meals the night before and have them handy for meal times

Preparation and consistency is they key

Last edited by scouser321; 10 July 2011 at 01:31 AM.
Old 10 July 2011, 04:47 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

*cough* Spammer *cough*
Old 10 July 2011, 05:59 AM
forister
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up rugbe

take a sport up. rugbe . i did it for 20 years
Old 10 July 2011, 07:40 AM
DARB
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983
Maybe, but surely at 14 years old, you would try somewhere with a bit more knowledge on the subject, not a car enthusiast website?

It would be like me going to a stamp collectors fan page and asking advice on how to make a victoria sponge.
So are you saying that people with an interest in any particular subject know only this one subject and know nothing else ??

I for one find this very offensive, yes I have an interest in cars but also have knowledge of other things too

Motorbikes

Old 10 July 2011, 07:42 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by forister
take a sport up. rugbe . i did it for 20 years
Usually spelt rugby.
Old 10 July 2011, 07:51 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

You're 14, speak to a doctor or practice nurse for diet info. You need to ensure you are taking in the right vitamins and minerals your body needs.
Old 10 July 2011, 08:14 AM
Slugmeister
Scooby Regular

Default sorry about the wait

man walks into MacD*****s, long que, gets to the front. Big boned serving whench says sorry about the wait, guy says...it's ok dont eat for a while it will get better!

Weight loss.

1. Food quantity, type of food

2. Exercise

3. Bring back bullying at school, so the fat kids have to run away more

4. Seriously you need to get motivated if you want to really do something about it.
Old 10 July 2011, 08:49 AM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

I love a good mad thread that starts from nothing
Old 10 July 2011, 09:07 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm not cruel so, eat less do more is the general consensus of opinion and if your being picked on take up some form of martial arts, you will lose weight and improve your self esteem and if anyone picks on you you will be able to defend yourself.

Bloke goes into a garage and says to the bird behind the counter, can i have a kitkat chunky, bird says sorry we only have the normal ones, bloke says thats what i wanted you fat b1tch.
Old 10 July 2011, 09:12 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

It's good he is on here at 14... an early interest in cars hopefully stopped an early intrest in drugs and crime!

My wife uses this moto with dieting and soon you will see women are all on diets forever even when they look fantastic and don't need to be.
: Eat like a king for breakfast. - a good amount of healthy fruits and cerial.
: Eat like a prince for lunch - A little less then a king
:Eat like a porper for dinner - Hardly anything.

Here is an interesting thing she said... why do people eat a large meal (dinner) and then a few hours later sleep ??? Surly your should it big in the morning and then burn it off through out the day.

I'm 28 and used to eat anything I wanted dispite everyone saying - youll get fat.. Last weekend we had a BBQ and Vic took pictures... I'm 5' 9 and 11 stone and the picture looked like I had a tyre around me... Not a chunky car tyre but more like a racer cycle.

I will get rid of it, I used to be toned I can't be fat....

Determination, Healthy eating and eating the right amount is key. Remove the sweets from the house... being 14 I guess you live at home with your parents and they may have the good <bad> stuff. So just be strong.

don't buy sweets - save for a scooby !!!!
Old 10 July 2011, 09:21 AM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

I lol'd

Old 10 July 2011, 09:59 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lozgti1

I love a good mad thread that starts from nothing
Me too! It's a shame DARB doesn't 'get it'.
Old 10 July 2011, 10:07 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RobsyUK

Not a chunky car tyre but more like a racer cycle.

Wait til you reach 38 or even 48 and youll have a JCB tyre

Chip
Old 10 July 2011, 10:11 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

If we are going to be serious here, I agree with Robsy, for me it's about moderation. I eat everything I like just in the right amounts.

I love cheese, so if I know I have a craving for it one day, I will have a cheese and ham toasty for breakfast, then something like a tuna sandwhich on wholemeal bread around 2pm ish, and then some soup or a small portion of pasta (if I'm off out and need the energy). If I have had the soup I usually have a handful of cereal later on as I can't stand to wake up with a rumbly belly.

On the whole I eat pretty much everything I like, just with smaller portions and MORE excersise. I take the kids out on their bikes eveyday for 20 mins, go geo caching in the local area and play swingball (all pretty much standard stuff) and that alone has made a
difference to my overall fitness. It's stuff that I could easily say 'not now kids, go and play with your *Insert toy here*' but once you start getting active it starts to get more like fun rather than being 'active'.

Quick Reply: Need to lose weight - can anybody help?