Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Who likes taking the dog for walkies ??.

Search this Thread

Old 13 June 2011, 07:04 PM
ScooByer Trade
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Who likes taking the dog for walkies ??.

I don't, my bro's staffy did a big number 2.So i had to carry it half a mile to the nearest do do bin.I puked/heeved so many times, never again.He is a lovely, well mannered dog.He keeps pinching my socks though.
Old 13 June 2011, 07:10 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Surely not so bad in the winter though as you could use the turd to keep your hands warm
Old 13 June 2011, 07:12 PM
ScooByer Trade
Scooby Regular

That's disgusting.
Old 13 June 2011, 07:15 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I do, got no choice 2 parsons jack russell's see to that, 6miles every day.

Keeps me fit and clears my mind.
Old 13 June 2011, 07:21 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I used to volunteer to walk dogs at the local rescue centre a few years ago, I could never be arsed to own a dog though. My ex owned a westie and carrying steaming bags of **** around used to make me urge. Not to mention when the bloody think would eat some fox ****
Old 13 June 2011, 07:29 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Bag it and shove it down a drain.

If the council can't provide bins then why should I have to carry s*** for miles on end until I find one?

In Spain, there's a bin on every street corner. Be it residential in the 'burbs, the middle of nowhere or in city.
Old 13 June 2011, 07:32 PM
Anger
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

I just use peoples wheelie bins as i walk past there drives

Trending Topics

Old 13 June 2011, 07:44 PM
ScooByer Trade
Scooby Regular

I must be soft in the head.
Old 13 June 2011, 07:47 PM
scoobyvirgin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScooByer Trade
I must be soft in the head.
No, just the pants department!
Old 13 June 2011, 07:48 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Saft
Old 13 June 2011, 07:50 PM
ScooByer Trade
Scooby Regular

That will be fixed soon scoobyv.I hope their isn't anything unknown here .

Last edited by ScooByer Trade; 13 June 2011 at 07:54 PM.
Old 13 June 2011, 08:14 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

I use to love walking my Labrador
Old 13 June 2011, 08:28 PM
stuart69
Scooby Regular

Mine caught its first rabbit yesterday,she had it for tea tonight
Old 13 June 2011, 08:29 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

I walk both my beagles Jack & Lucy twice a day... you regret it if you don't take them.

I hate it when people have their dogs off a lead and it attacks mine - Mine are always on a lead !
Old 13 June 2011, 09:06 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
I walk both my beagles Jack & Lucy twice a day... you regret it if you don't take them.

I hate it when people have their dogs off a lead and it attacks mine - Mine are always on a lead !
poor things never off the lead, it does actually make for more aggression when one or the other dog is on a lead as they are not able to do the doggy meet and greet thing and show submission which is why they are attacked.

get your self down the local dog training centre and get them well trained so they can be off the lead and be dogs
Old 13 June 2011, 09:16 PM
yorvik
Scooby Regular

Always...like all the time and they never get to run free??
Old 13 June 2011, 11:36 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Beagles are difficult to train most owners keep them on long lines as they have the habit of heading off after a scent they find
Old 13 June 2011, 11:42 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

My two dogs are off the lead when ever we are not near a road but they are under control and come when called (handfull of dog treats works wonders) most dogs need to run free and have time to play and be dogs.

As to dogs poo Ali-B is right if the council doesnt supply bins then what are you suppose to do with the bags the smell is enough to stop you carrying it far plus my council only empties the bin every two weeks so i dont take it home to stink the wheelie bin out, again if the council would do the job properly and take my rubbish away weekly then it would be ok. they come to my house twice a week as they come to pick up the pig swill as well as the recycling so they could take my rubbish as well
Old 14 June 2011, 05:22 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

I don't, my bro's staffy did a big number 2.So i had to carry it half a mile to the nearest do do bin.I puked/heeved so many times, never again.He is a lovely, well mannered dog.He keeps pinching my socks though.
Maybe you're supposed to use the socks to....
Old 14 June 2011, 06:34 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

I totally disagree with your statement of a dog being more agressive on the lead - mine anyway. - Anyone and I mean anyone can remove the meat from my dogs mouth and he just looks at you as if to say 'what have I done am I not allowde it?" - The most harmless dog in world Garenteed !

We have used a dog trainer and our dogs only ever bark BACK - after being barked at.

Like above If I let them off they smell the scent and they are gone. Yeah they come back but with the roads it's not worth it. We do let them off the lead to play with other dogs in an enclosed feild.
Old 14 June 2011, 06:50 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Bag it and shove it down a drain.

If the council can't provide bins then why should I have to carry s*** for miles on end until I find one?

In Spain, there's a bin on every street corner. Be it residential in the 'burbs, the middle of nowhere or in city.
You block the drains .. nice one

I totally disagree with your statement of a dog being more agressive on the lead - mine anyway. - Anyone and I mean anyone can remove the meat from my dogs mouth and he just looks at you as if to say 'what have I done am I not allowde it?" - The most harmless dog in world Garenteed !

We have used a dog trainer and our dogs only ever bark BACK - after being barked at.

Like above If I let them off they smell the scent and they are gone. Yeah they come back but with the roads it's not worth it. We do let them off the lead to play with other dogs in an enclosed feild.
Mines the same, but does seem to think she's "tuff" on the lead .. barks at other dogs and looks like shes trying to get at them .. if they come over the tail goes and the ears go down .. but its weird .. off the lead she has no interest in other dogs.
Old 14 June 2011, 07:34 AM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

When mine are on the lead, they're a royal pain with other dogs. I leave them off, and they dont want to know... A dog trainer once told me that when you have a dog on a lead and you pull them in to you when you see another dog(s), your dog thinks it needs to protect you so she told me just leave them off. Ive done that and ever since, they never bother any other dogs. A bit of butt sniffing and they're happy and Im a LOT less stressed taking them out.
Old 14 June 2011, 10:07 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
You block the drains .. nice one

Nah; biodegradable bags. So no worse than the clumps of rotting leaves from a sycamore maple (aka the drain blocking weed tree).

Plus the council not providing bins or cleaning the gulleys are the ones that cause the problem of blocked drains.

Think about it, I used to see a gulley wagon evey few months doing the rounds during autumn sucking the leaves out of storm drains. Getting out of his cab, lifting up every grill and shoving his bit long hose down there (orr-er)

I haven't seen one do that in years. All they do now curb crawl; up and down once a year to sweep up the road grit AFTER winter. And people wonder why the roads flood during heavy rain...I tell you why, its because nobody has cleaned the storm drains out that are clogged with giant sycamore maple leaves for years upon years!

But if you are so annoyed, I'll hang it on a nearby tree for you to sort out instead

Last edited by ALi-B; 14 June 2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old 14 June 2011, 11:20 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

I beg to differ, what do you think jack russells are like for scent chasing.

They are one of the most notorious "run off breeds" the bitch is not so bad as she is from show pony lines, but the dog is from hunting lines, he went for 2 days when he was about six months old the little ******..and a couple of times we had to leave sherwood forest without him and come back later.

And the worst one which irritates the **** out of me was when some do gooder put a lead on him and started to make off with him, when it was obvious i was calling him.
Another dog walker told me where he was and he was straining at the leash to come to me and she was trying to drag him off. thieving scum, oh sorry i thought he was lost,yeh right.

Ok back on track, Any dog will come back instantly on command it just tanes time and effort.

The trick with the runners is to stay onto them,watch them like a hawk and you will learn how to tell when they are about to peg it, then use the wait command and also your recall that means there is a very juicy tit bit waiting.

In time they will do it without any thing.

People think i'm mad when they see me with my dogs barking ,growling and clicking and pointing my fingers and waving my arms.

But they both do every thing i say without hesitation and i'm using less commands to get them to do more with gestures.

i love it and it's amazing how little you need to change your demeanor to get a reaction from them.
Old 14 June 2011, 11:23 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Your socks must smell better than his turds then!

Les
Old 14 June 2011, 11:30 AM
ScooByer Trade
Scooby Regular

I hope so Leslie.
Old 14 June 2011, 11:37 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
Ok back on track, Any dog will come back instantly on command it just tanes time and effort.
Or one of these, which would require hardly any time or effort
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003VXVEU...SIN=B003VXVEUS
Old 14 June 2011, 12:01 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
Or one of these, which would require hardly any time or effort
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B003VXVEU...SIN=B003VXVEUS
What a shocking way to treat an animal

sorry mate don't agree with that..

Time and effort, i can chastise my dogs with a growell and a look and most of the time one or the other is more than enough..
Old 14 June 2011, 10:06 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

dogs find body language and hand signals easier than verbal commands

dogs on leads if scared dont have the option to run away hence they have to choose fight

Beagles like most hound breeds are harder to train to come back on command evertime so best to play safe where roads are and keep them on the lead
Old 14 June 2011, 10:45 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Yes, finally someone who agrees with me

I discovered that the wait command was the key to stop the running off.

but first you need a command that catches your dogs attention and breaks it's consentration on the scent.

shouting oi worked for me, as it's monosylabic (spelling) and sounds like a bark.

yummy home made meat treats and a hungry dog, makes the process much easier, starve them the day before, works wonders too.

The information is out there, it's all about understanding how the dogs mind works, and not treating it as though it were a human.

one needs to condition ones own mind to do this, it's easy once you know how, and very very rewarding and the dogs love it too. makes the walks much more interesting for all involved.

Quick Reply: Who likes taking the dog for walkies ??.