Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink You have to feel pity for this chap, surely

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...g-NOTHING.html
Old 03 June 2011, 11:46 AM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

By the end of the article it's hard not to feel sorry for him. But then again he did commit repeated crimes on the neighbourhood.
Old 03 June 2011, 11:50 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Why do I?

The bit that stands out for me is

"'You were a very good footballer, your talents were recognised by the award of trophies, but unfortunately you were involved in an accident, you became involved in crime, and you became involved in taking heroin.

'Heroin has effectively destroyed your life and robbed you of the ambition you had at one stage.'"

He became involved with? What self serving nonsense is that? The guy chose to turn to crime and take drugs. Its THAT DECISION that "effectively destroyed your life and robbed you of the ambition you had at one stage" Other people having accidents dont turn to crime and drugs.

As for his house, well if the courts dealt with the problem properly in the first place, no-one would be incentivised to feel they had to punish him instead. Justice needs to be seen to be done and it far too often doesnt
Old 03 June 2011, 11:52 AM
22BUK
Scooby Regular

I thought my smiley showed the title was a bit tongue in cheek...
Old 03 June 2011, 11:59 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Meh, don't do drugs and don't steal.

Am I the only one who largely ignores the linked story and looks at all the titilation on the right of the page?

Usually something about one of the Karadishhingsusuhiosn girls with big ***** or the like.
Old 03 June 2011, 12:02 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Remember - druggies are 'victims' that need 'understanding' and 'treatment'. It is totally not their fault they have screwed up their own lives.

5t.
Old 03 June 2011, 12:04 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I doubt it was HIS house anyway unless he robbed enough to pay a mortgage.
Old 03 June 2011, 12:09 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by warrenm2
Why do I?

The bit that stands out for me is

"'You were a very good footballer, your talents were recognised by the award of trophies, but unfortunately you were involved in an accident, you became involved in crime, and you became involved in taking heroin.

'Heroin has effectively destroyed your life and robbed you of the ambition you had at one stage.'"

He became involved with? What self serving nonsense is that? The guy chose to turn to crime and take drugs. Its THAT DECISION that "effectively destroyed your life and robbed you of the ambition you had at one stage" Other people having accidents dont turn to crime and drugs.

As for his house, well if the courts dealt with the problem properly in the first place, no-one would be incentivised to feel they had to punish him instead. Justice needs to be seen to be done and it far too often doesnt
Spot on!

His choice he should live with the consequences of his actions. Let it serve as a warning to other scumbags!
Old 03 June 2011, 12:25 PM
JPL
Scooby Regular

Scum

'He lost his belongings, including trophies, mementos and keepsakes of his daughter and his mother who has recently died.'

Good! I'd wish for him losing a lot more.

I've been burgled, I wish nothing more for scum like this than death.
Old 03 June 2011, 12:31 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kind of poetic justice him having a bit of misery for all the misery he caused for others, bit of a sad life story but he made choices that meant he gave up the right to much sympathy, I will reserve my sympathy for those who deserve it, like that mother and daughter tormented by ******* and ended up commiting suicide.

People generally dont burn houses down in retribution but sometimes there is someone dafter than you that may decide to have a go back.

Reap what you sow and all that, what goes around comes around, aint Karma a bitch etc.
Old 03 June 2011, 12:33 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F*ck him,that's what I think.
Old 03 June 2011, 12:41 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s

What a Gheyer
Old 03 June 2011, 01:42 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Kind of poetic justice him having a bit of misery for all the misery he caused for others, bit of a sad life story but he made choices that meant he gave up the right to much sympathy, I will reserve my sympathy for those who deserve it, like that mother and daughter tormented by ******* and ended up commiting suicide.

People generally dont burn houses down in retribution but sometimes there is someone dafter than you that may decide to have a go back.

Reap what you sow and all that, what goes around comes around, aint Karma a bitch etc.
Too bad for him. You can't condone this vigilante behavior but otoh it wouldn't happen if the law was doing its job.
Old 03 June 2011, 02:06 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Its not really surprising that they did that after his repeated burglaries. Bit hard though that he has lost the lot.

Les
Old 03 June 2011, 02:49 PM
JPL
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
....Bit hard though that he has lost the lot.
Not at all, I hope they get him again.
Old 03 June 2011, 02:58 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

This guy is small fry compared to the host of more professional criminals...the clever ones don't get caught.

The stupid ones s**t on their own door step. Like the above.
Old 03 June 2011, 04:15 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Its not really surprising that they did that after his repeated burglaries. Bit hard though that he has lost the lot.

Les
How about all those he took things from, seems like justice was served to me. I would rather see scum like this punished and given a reality check of what it is like to be on the wrong end of it for a change!
Old 03 June 2011, 04:25 PM
Saint AAI
Scooby Regular

There is no evidence in the article to support claims that it was burnt down by vigilantes, just says the judge thought it was suspicious and that the police were looking into it. Could well have been some drug dealer he hadn't paid. Seems strange a vigilante would set fire to someones home, especially if it's a terraced house and there is a risk of damaging a neighbor's home or worse, killing someone.
Old 03 June 2011, 04:27 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

x2. deserved what he got. thieving scumbag.
Old 03 June 2011, 04:49 PM
JonnyFresh
Scooby Regular

X3
They deserve everything and more than they get. He wouldnt think twice of stealing anyone elses keepsakes.
Old 05 June 2011, 12:40 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Zohan
How about all those he took things from, seems like justice was served to me. I would rather see scum like this punished and given a reality check of what it is like to be on the wrong end of it for a change!
No way that I was trying to justify his actions, that must have been clear from my earlier post.

The punishment he deserved was surely a matter of degree. Should be balanced against his own actions.

I still think that burning his house down was unnecessessarily harsh.

If a balanced penalty did not cure him, then he should of course get a heavier one next time.

Les
Old 05 June 2011, 12:46 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

No way that I was trying to justify his actions, that must have been clear from my earlier post.

The punishment he deserved was surely a matter of degree. Should be balanced against his own actions.

I still think that burning his house down was unnecessessarily harsh.

If a balanced penalty did not cure him, then he should of course get a heavier one next time.

Les
We do not have 'balanced penalties' any more so it is likely we will see more of this sort of vigilante behaviour/retribution (if indeed that's what it was).

Who's to say he didn't burn it down whilst off his face on heroin, fell asleep with the chip pan on or a lit *** in his hand, etc. I am quite happy for criminals to face a more harsh punishment than the crimes they commit, would not loose sleep over it. Invariably once you have being burgled you loose personal and stuff that cannot be replaced and have the feeling of being violated which it is pretty much impossible for the scum that commits crimes like this to understand - i speak from bitter experience of being robbed.

Last edited by The Zohan; 05 June 2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old 05 June 2011, 02:39 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Another one for the bin wagon. Chuck him in the back , crush him up and take him down the tip. Job done.

Chip
Old 05 June 2011, 05:29 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

I must be a hardass because I've no sympathy for him.

Also, if you're gonna be a crook, at least be good at it!

"Another of his victims said: 'I don't think he was the most sophisticated of burglars.

'He was making such a racket when he tried to get into our house that the neighbours came out to see what was going on and caught him in the act."

Old 06 June 2011, 12:29 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Zohan
We do not have 'balanced penalties' any more so it is likely we will see more of this sort of vigilante behaviour/retribution (if indeed that's what it was).

Who's to say he didn't burn it down whilst off his face on heroin, fell asleep with the chip pan on or a lit *** in his hand, etc. I am quite happy for criminals to face a more harsh punishment than the crimes they commit, would not loose sleep over it. Invariably once you have being burgled you loose personal and stuff that cannot be replaced and have the feeling of being violated which it is pretty much impossible for the scum that commits crimes like this to understand - i speak from bitter experience of being robbed.
It is pretty obvious from previous posts that I am disgusted at the non penalties that are meted out to criminals in our courts and also the soft life that convicts get in our prisons. I have also advocated much harder life in prison such as hard manual labour etc. Prison should be something to be feared.

Apart from that, this bloke also deserves a heavy penalty for his selfish crimes of course, but the vigilante's burning his house down is pushing it too far.

Les
Old 06 June 2011, 01:49 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Dont wory, the Coalition are on to it Les!

Killers, sex offenders and muggers will be freed early as jail terms are slashed for 10,000 criminals each year

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml
Old 06 June 2011, 08:00 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The idiot had it coming.
Old 07 June 2011, 11:19 AM
richiewong
Twatful

Bloody hell it's in Chopwell, I sometimes cover that area and the place is a shithole!
You mother is your sister in that back water banjo playing pit village!
Old 07 June 2011, 12:15 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by warrenm2
Dont wory, the Coalition are on to it Les!

Killers, sex offenders and muggers will be freed early as jail terms are slashed for 10,000 criminals each year

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml
The Coalition...no one expects the Coalition!

I would be shivering in my shoes.

Les
Old 07 June 2011, 12:26 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

If he had turned to drugs and crime after he lost his daughter I may have had some sympathy for him, I have seen first hand how the grief of losing a child can destroy someone.

This guy however was a scumbag before his daughter died and will probably remain a scumbag until he is 6ft under as well.

Quick Reply: You have to feel pity for this chap, surely