Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Default McCanns again

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.a...ntid=157373256

Perhaps if she answered the questions, the police would not be so suspicious
Old 09 May 2011, 10:49 PM
deanb1980
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have always thought they killed her or she died alone in that room of theres and got rid of her and are now living on the money people send them .
some people may think that wrong on a few levels but the first time i saw mr mccann he showed no feelings if my daughter had gone missing or kidnapped i would be in peices.
i have been suspicious of him since
Old 09 May 2011, 11:17 PM
Loco
Scooby Regular

at the very least, nothing ever came of them leaving her unattended. everyone seems to have forgot that whatever happened to maddy wouldn't have happened if they hadn't basically neglected their child
Old 10 May 2011, 12:06 AM
Pink_Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Loco
at the very least, nothing ever came of them leaving her unattended. everyone seems to have forgot that whatever happened to maddy wouldn't have happened if they hadn't basically neglected their child
Exactly! If they had been tracksuit wearing, dole wallers they'd have been murdered by the press. They were 'respectable' doctors however, so it's OK to leave your child.........

They seem to forget that had they not been so selfish to have a night out their daughter would still be with them. Very, very sad really.
Old 10 May 2011, 06:42 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think losing your daughter is enough punishment ..

We had a kids party and my son was in the ball pond, but for a split second I couldn't see him and I felt sick, the panic that comes over you is horrible ..
Old 10 May 2011, 07:12 AM
mgcvk
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Loco

Yes exactly. I don't think they did anything to her themselves but I think the guilt must constantly eat them up.
Old 10 May 2011, 07:49 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
I think losing your daughter is enough punishment ..

We had a kids party and my son was in the ball pond, but for a split second I couldn't see him and I felt sick, the panic that comes over you is horrible ..
Try having the school ring you asking where your daughter is and you dropped her at the gates an hour ago!!!!

Retards missed her off the electronic register and marked her as absent. They didn't even apologise and said it would be too much effort to check each absent child. Needless to say I had a quiet word with the head and an apology. I was pretty much shaking by the time I got there.

The only thing about the McCanns is - why kill her? You know what the houses are like in Spain with concrete floors and steps and how more kids dont die from the steps I don't know. My mums place is all steps and makes me shudder when the kids run up and down them.

So if it was an accident why hide the body. You could just as easy say it was an accident. They could guilty as hell because they feel responsible for leaving her - its that action that caused her to be able to be taken in the first place.

They also didn't know the area so two people in panic mode successfully hide a body in an area they don't know.

Probably kidnapped to order, taken onto a local boat, abused then thrown over the side.
Old 10 May 2011, 07:58 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pink_Floyd
Exactly! If they had been tracksuit wearing, dole wallers they'd have been murdered by the press. They were 'respectable' doctors however, so it's OK to leave your child.........

They seem to forget that had they not been so selfish to have a night out their daughter would still be with them. Very, very sad really.
Yup, if anything they should have known better that to leave a child of that age alone let alone in a strange and unfamiliar place. They do not seem to see this as an issue and this is the crux of the matter. I cannot understand why they where not done for child neglect or something similar.
It's the poor little girl Maddie is the one who has really suffered and paid the ultimate price one way or another.

Last edited by The Zohan; 10 May 2011 at 09:17 AM.
Old 10 May 2011, 09:12 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Well I don't think, and never have, that the McCanns were guilty and every day they must weep at their decision to leave Maddie as they did. But just think, for example, of tens of thousands of families who used to go to Butlins type places and leave their kids in their room with a half hourly check by a staff member unknown to the parents when they went on the p,iss or just out for dinner. As a family we would never do that but it was widespread practice. And have you ever had an open house party with your kids playing around out of sight? What did for Maddie. poor little angel, was probably some evil perverted b,astard who used her and killed her within hours. It really can't be that difficult to ****** a child if that is your plan.

And if you are innocent as a parent just imagine the hurt when you read accusations that you killed your own child.

dl
Old 10 May 2011, 09:18 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
Probably kidnapped to order, taken onto a local boat, abused then thrown over the side.
How would the Kidnappers know she was alone in the room? Were the observing her for some time and looking for an opportunity? Why her?
Old 10 May 2011, 09:27 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
Well I don't think, and never have, that the McCanns were guilty and every day they must weep at their decision to leave Maddie as they did. But just think, for example, of tens of thousands of families who used to go to Butlins type places and leave their kids in their room with a half hourly check by a staff member unknown to the parents when they went on the p,iss or just out for dinner. As a family we would never do that but it was widespread practice. And have you ever had an open house party with your kids playing around out of sight? What did for Maddie. poor little angel, was probably some evil perverted b,astard who used her and killed her within hours. It really can't be that difficult to ****** a child if that is your plan.

And if you are innocent as a parent just imagine the hurt when you read accusations that you killed your own child.

dl

Really, even though this is against the law to leave children un der the age of 13 unsupervised? Butlins sanctioned this and offered this service.

I have two girls, one was the same age as Maddie when she disappeared. I would not, nor could not leave her or her sister alone in a strange environment or at home without proper supervision. Even now - the older one is 8 we do not use babysitters,rather host stuff at our own house (with known and trusted friends and family or we leave them with their grandparents.

Leaving a child in a unfamiliar room in an unfamiliar place is just stupid and beyond belief and any decent responsible parent would not do so. Your kids come first and foremost, especially when it comes to safety and security.

I do not believe the McCann's guilty of actually killing her, They are stupid selfish parents who used bad judgement and neglected their small and defenceless child and put in place the opportunity for some evil person(s) to take their daughter.

They are stupid, selfish scum of the highest order who should have know better and i feel not one ounce of pity for them as i would rather save that for Maddie herself.

Last edited by The Zohan; 10 May 2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10 May 2011, 09:35 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
How would the Kidnappers know she was alone in the room? Were the observing her for some time and looking for an opportunity? Why her?
Perhaps you think the abductors and or perverts stand around on street corners in grubby macs flashing at the kids?

Often these sickos are cunning and devious individuals who put themselves in positions to allow then close to children and to then stalk the child until the right moment arises.

The there are those who would supply children to sickos, the child being worth a lot of money to the right person and again you are dealing with cunning and devious people with no morals and motivated by money.

The McCans created the environment that allowed Maddie to be take through their own selfish choices and for that reason i really dislike the pair of them.
Old 10 May 2011, 09:53 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Zohan
Really, even though this is against the law to leave children un der the age of 13 unsupervised? Butlins sanctioned this and offered this service.

I have two girls, one was the same age as Maddie when she disappeared. I would not, nor could not leave her or her sister alone in a strange environment or at home without proper supervision. Even now - the older one is 8 we do not use babysitters,rather host stuff at our own house (with known and trusted friends and family or we leave them with their grandparents.

Leaving a child in a unfamiliar room in an unfamiliar place is just stupid and beyond belief and any decent responsible parent would not do so. Your kids come first and foremost, especially when it comes to safety and security.

I do not believe the McCann's guilty of actually killing her, They are stupid selfish parents who used bad judgement and neglected their small and defenceless child and put in place the opportunity for some evil person(s) to take their daughter.

They are stupid, selfish scum of the highest order who should have know better and i feel not one ounce of pity for them as i would rather save that for Maddie herself.

"stupid, selfish scum of the highest order" That's a very cruel comment to make.

I am fortunate enough never to have been to Butlins for a family holiday but I guess that they would classify their check system as "supervision". But that's not really the point. As it happens we were almost paranoid about knowing what are kids were up to and never even had a babysitter - ever, we just didn't go out on our own. Stupid really. Ironically when I grew up (a long time ago) kids seemed to have had more unsupervised freedom and it was common for mums to leave a pram outside a shop when they went in for a packet of Woodbines or whatever.

Even so drive into any busy garage today and you will soon see a car with a kid in the back whilst his mum queues up, unsighted, to pay. This doesn't excuse the McCanns but less of the holier than thou approach please

dl
Old 10 May 2011, 09:54 AM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Perhaps you think the abductors and or perverts stand around on street corners in grubby macs flashing at the kids?

Often these sickos are cunning and devious individuals who put themselves in positions to allow then close to children and to then stalk the child until the right moment arises.

The there are those who would supply children to sickos, the child being worth a lot of money to the right person and again you are dealing with cunning and devious people with no morals and motivated by money.

The McCans created the environment that allowed Maddie to be take through their own selfish choices and for that reason i really dislike the pair of them.
Yeah but would these sickos target kids on holiday? Far more opportunity you would think with local kids etc? Why watch/stalk some kid from a foreign family on holiday etc when they may be gone in a few days and the opportunity of snatching the kid when alone is going to be most likely not available?
Old 10 May 2011, 10:04 AM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

In the UK, you can leave a child of any age unattended, it's not against the law. You can, however, be prosecuted if you are found to be neglient or endangering them by your actions.

I'm not sure why the 13 years myth has come about really.

As for the McCanns, whatever they did or didn't do, they are ultimately responsible. I wouldn't do it, but if they really were the victims of a real kidnap, they were unlucky because lots of people do it and 99.9% of the time, it will be fine.

Geezer
Old 10 May 2011, 10:15 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally never left my children at that age alone.
Having said that, if I had acted as the McCanns did (and I am sure plenty do) I would feel pretty hard done by, if this happened to me - lets be realistic - it shouldn't.
Another factor is the relative rarity of these types of crime.
You are far more likely to lose a child through an accident in the home/on the road or indeed by murdering them yourself (statistically anyway).
I guess there is a bit of a closure issue in this case.
Old 10 May 2011, 10:30 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

opportunity
It was there and it was taken.
Old 10 May 2011, 10:52 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Yeah but would these sickos target kids on holiday? Far more opportunity you would think with local kids etc? Why watch/stalk some kid from a foreign family on holiday etc when they may be gone in a few days and the opportunity of snatching the kid when alone is going to be most likely not available?
Unfamiliar territory, foreign country - i would be more vigilant as i guess any good parent with a modicum of common sense would be, it appears the McCanns did not feel the same way.

Last edited by The Zohan; 10 May 2011 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10 May 2011, 12:03 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Unfamiliar place... didn't they have a family friend who owned a villa close by....? There was someone local on the news who they knew from the early stages... I think the papers thought he was a suspect at first.

I still can’t understand why she didn’t answer those 48 questions though – they were straight forward – such as “Who do you tell when you discovered your daughter missing”. My answer would have been ‘everybody and everyone in the hotel’ but for some reason she couldn’t answer it that way....???

My theory is that they have self medicated her so that she would sleep through and they have given her too much (perhaps she was dehydrated) and the effects were fatal. Her two brothers also never woke up whilst the police searched the room and whilst they were carried upstairs to another room. She also raised the alarm by going back to the Tapas bar, leaving the two boys alone in the room – which doesn’t make sense if you believe that you daughter has just been kidnapped. Then there is all the evidence from the sniffer dogs and the DNA.........

Just my thoughts anyway.....
Old 10 May 2011, 01:24 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

OK Felix - I don't agree but neither of us know of course.

But if you are right then why on earth don't they just say that they accept that she is dead and drop it. Surely that would be the sensible thing to do. Please don't say it's for the money as that I simply wouldn't accept.

dl
Old 10 May 2011, 01:34 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I think it is quite wrong to make any kind of accusation unless there is positive proof to back it up.

Guesswork is wrong.

Les
Old 10 May 2011, 07:10 PM
deanb1980
Scooby Regular

well answer me this would you leave your daughter behind and come back to england i know i wouldnt i would sell everything i own and stay there even if i had to sleep on the streets i would never of left the country untill i found my little princess, yeah they have payed the ultimate price for being a poor parent i think they should hold an inquest into there neglect and if found guilty should be fined for the money back from the campaign and the charities and stripped of the right to be a parent which will ultimatley involve removing the children they have now from them.
Old 11 May 2011, 01:27 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

I think there is quite a bit of evidence against them already – DNA, forensic dogs..... but not enough to charge them in Portugal. I think over hear they would have been charged and trialled at court.

I think a lot of people are suspicious of them, so perhaps they need to keep themselves in the media to try and prove that they are still looking for her.

Don’t get me wrong, I hope she is still alive and will one day turn up – but I just don’t understand why she couldn’t answer those basic questions.
Old 11 May 2011, 02:13 AM
Loco
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
I think it is quite wrong to make any kind of accusation unless there is positive proof to back it up.

Guesswork is wrong.

Les
I quite agree, but it's so hard not to comment on things such as all the countries they visited, all the money they raised, the upcoming book release that will generate profit...
Old 11 May 2011, 08:33 AM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Its a v sad deal all round tbh... but reading this article on Monday put a few doubts out of my mind on wether they were guilty.... I don't think they are anymore:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...=feeds-newsxml

yes - I know its the Daily Fail, but its a good article....

I was shocked to read where it says:

Logged in the [police] papers were five reports where British parents had complained that their children had been sexually molested in their beds as they slept and three more where the intruder had been disturbed before he could assault his would-be victims – again, young Britons on holiday.

All at the same resort of praia de luz.....
Old 11 May 2011, 01:01 PM
Miniman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by deanb1980
well answer me this would you leave your daughter behind and come back to england i know i wouldnt i would sell everything i own and stay there even if i had to sleep on the streets i would never of left the country untill i found my little princess.
They've got other kids and actually commented on this several months ago. They had to return to give the others a sense of normality. A hard decision, but I don't particularly think you can base anything on that decision.
Old 11 May 2011, 01:33 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Felix.
I think there is quite a bit of evidence against them already – DNA, forensic dogs..... but not enough to charge them in Portugal. I think over hear they would have been charged and trialled at court.

I think a lot of people are suspicious of them, so perhaps they need to keep themselves in the media to try and prove that they are still looking for her.

Don’t get me wrong, I hope she is still alive and will one day turn up – but I just don’t understand why she couldn’t answer those basic questions.
there was no DNA evidence, that was newspaper spin
Old 11 May 2011, 01:55 PM
grovesy
Scooby Regular

Yes they do have other kids and you never seem to see them. When It happed the press filmed the McCann’s walking up and down the beach with out the twins. They were back a forwards to Portugal and other countries with out the kids. If I had lost a daughter I wouldn’t let my other kids out of my sight.

I lost my step son when he was 3 in an airport in Grand canaria, He was gone for about 45 mins and it’s the worst feeling I have ever felt. He had ran off and we found him in the soft play….. His mam would not let go of him or his sister even when we were on the plane,
Old 11 May 2011, 02:38 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Why are they publishing a book about it? Attention whoring? Money? They should have some dignity.
Old 11 May 2011, 02:42 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Why are they publishing a book about it? Attention whoring? Money? They should have some dignity.
Raising awareness about something most people have forgotten about?

They both have pretty good jobs (consultant and anaesthetist (from memory?)), earning in excess of £120,00 each and the last time i looked they lived in a large house. If it is money then if it was me i would have spent every penny i had in salary, savings and be living in the smallest/cheapest property i could get away with to fund the search for my daughter. But then that is just little old me...

Quick Reply: McCanns again