Who's swapped NTL digital to Sky ??

Search this Thread

Old 18 April 2002, 02:38 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Pros? Cons?
Has the monthly bill including phone calls and internet usage gone up or down?
Do Sky also keep sticking prices up every 6 months or so?
What do you get free in the basic package?
Is installation free?
Do you get problems with the picture freezing at all?
Do BT charge much to connect up a phone line as I have only ever had cable from new in my house?

Any thoughts on the above please, I'm reconsidering since NTLworld stopped being free and new TV price increases have been announced. Also my internet connection seems to be getting less reliable than it was. Overall the package feels much less attractive than it used to :-(
Old 18 April 2002, 03:42 PM
Darren Thompson
Scooby Regular

Angry

Boost 2 I am currently on NTL Analogue and they are forcing use on to Digital by turning off channels one by one at a fair rate of knots. I asked what it would cost me to move on to the same package with Digital as I already have and they told me £50 for installing and then my monthly cost would go up by nearly £20 a month on what I already pay!!!!!

NTL are in real trouble at the moment with the banks and the cost is coming back to us, the difference is they are altering the service agreed in my contract which I am currently challenging them on as they are forcing me off the analogue service and charging me a lot of money for the privilege.

If you have a fresh start go for BT and Sky mate as I think they will own the lot soon any way.

Daz.
Old 18 April 2002, 04:15 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Anyone know if the bitrate is better on SKY? Have Telewest Dig cable and the pic quality is awful when there is a lot of data required - err, like a common or garden fade to black. Mosaics and pixellation, and reminders of playing lego all the time. Cr@p!
Old 18 April 2002, 05:37 PM
michael_clarkson
Scooby Regular

Angry

Darren,

I've just moved when NTL installed in the new house they bumped me down to their Digital Base package from StarterPlus telling me that StarterPlus was no longer available and it would be another 8 pounds for the same channel package.

This was never mentioned to me, and my old digital box which they swapped out was working fine and showing all my StarterPlus channels.

I'd be interested to now how you get on with challenging them over changing your agreed contract.

Michael
Old 19 April 2002, 12:34 PM
Darren Thompson
Scooby Regular

Angry

Michael they are currently offering me half price installation and several months free of all packages, still not enough, as I don’t want to pay more when I am happy with what I signed up for.

Daz.