Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Cantor Fitzgerald..?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 18 April 2002, 11:59 AM
JAMES BUSHELL
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Anyone here work for Cantor Fitzgerald, brokers in London..?

thanks.

James
Old 18 April 2002, 12:05 PM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

I don't, but I talk to them every day re currency derivatives, u want some dirt on em? LOL
C
Old 18 April 2002, 12:16 PM
JAMES BUSHELL
Scooby Regular

Hi.

.. I've got an interview there next week and wanted to try and find out what they're like to work for, etc....

Any info much appreciated..!

James..
Old 18 April 2002, 01:16 PM
beatle
Scooby Regular

i speak to them on a daily basis too, they are one of five brokers i deal with . I guess its like anywhere if you work on a good desk with a good bunch of people you will enjoy .
Old 18 April 2002, 03:38 PM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

Are you going to be a scumbag broker ? It seems to be kinda like being on a rugby team road trip every day at the office, very male bonded jokey back slapping etc - I deal with the currency derivative guys, maybe some other more highbrow products have a different approach though...LOL
You have to be a good liar, and be able to deal with arrogant traders swearing at you, dropping you on prices when they've messed up, and generally be able to deal with big-mouthed individuals. Busines relationships are very important....you earn a set amount of money on each transaction u churn through, so entertainment can be a big part of the job. Some of the guys I talk to go out and drink heavily on business 4 times a week, so thats drink till 11pm minimum, and in the office the next morning at 7am, having to be polite and cheerful to scumbag arrogant traders again LOL - I couldn't do it!
Pay can be fantastic of course, but make sure u r good enough to retire young!
When I first came down to the city at 19 I loved the life of a banker though, made no money, but ate at the best restaurants 2 or 3 times a week with lovely brokers paying all the bills
Now I go out once a month, I'm too damn old LOL (and bitter and twisted, so u shud ignore everything I just wrote )
Chuck
Old 18 April 2002, 04:30 PM
JAMES BUSHELL
Scooby Regular

LOL.. Bad afternoon.....

No i'll be based in the back office of some sort, so you still get the arrogant ***** but without the money.... well we'll se on tuesday anyway..

I used to get largered on exspense a/c's it was great a mate was a trader for a money broker.. mmmmm.... free beer...

J

J
Old 18 April 2002, 08:12 PM
alistair
Scooby Senior

Unhappy

Are you aware that they lost pretty much their entire NY staff on Sept 11th - they were at the top of one of the WTC towers.