Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

I have no children

Search this Thread

Old 11 April 2011, 04:41 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I have no children

So why bringing your children to my home? My home has nice things that children can ruin plus I don't want to entertain your children as I dislike them.

Please come back once you've sorted out a babysitter or given them up for adoption.
Old 11 April 2011, 04:55 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You were a kid once!
Old 11 April 2011, 04:55 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

I assume you know these people have kids? If so, ask them not to bring them as they are unwelcome. I assure you they won't come round at all anymore, with or without them.

Repeat until you have only friends without kids.

Geezer
Old 11 April 2011, 05:01 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

******* gurny wee $hite makers. Dont get me wrong I love kids really......I just couldn't eat a whole one
Old 11 April 2011, 05:25 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I know where you're coming from. I have some rather excellent vintage Mission speakers that I've owned for 24 years. The missuse decided to remove the grilles the other day, and not five minutes later my 3yo lad jammed his finger straight into the soft dome tweeter

eBay listing 48975984321 - One slightly damaged 3yo boy
Old 11 April 2011, 05:50 PM
SpecDscooby
Scooby Regular

+1 on the "dont invite them over".....

no real easy answer to this...when my boy was 2 i had one of those DVD VHS combi players, and sure enough he rammed some sarnie into the VHS tray, which i did sort of think was a risk and half expected it, but for good measure he opened the DVD tray and slid a slice of honey roast ham into that, closed it and it got warm and smelt odd before we worked out what he'd done

....great excuse for a 5.1 system, and i just look back and laugh now.....not so much at the time!
Old 11 April 2011, 05:55 PM
scud8
Scooby Regular

I went to a Graham Norton show once. Best line of the night "Kids are like farts ... you quite like your own."
Old 11 April 2011, 06:01 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoboy
. I have some rather excellent vintage Mission speakers that I've owned for 24 years. eBay listing 48975984321 - One slightly damaged 3yo boy
Ohhh which ones, I'm a bit of a Mission fan, I have a pair of 770 Freedoms that must be 25 years old which I refuse to let go of, they weren't the Super Elypsium tweeters were they ??

Mine are just like these, they were initially Grey Ash (typically 80's Grey), now resprayed Piano Black and about to move under my desk in the spare room as my computer speakers, they still have a fantastic mid and treble, very clear and unmuddled.

Saw a pair in Grey on Fleabay for £80 last week, you may want the details for spares and he might come down from £80
Old 11 April 2011, 06:04 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I know where you're coming from. I have some rather excellent vintage Mission speakers that I've owned for 24 years. The missuse decided to remove the grilles the other day, and not five minutes later my 3yo lad jammed his finger straight into the soft dome tweeter

I feel your pain.

PS - bit of sellotape, fold both ends in to leave a tab and stick it on the dome and pull away gently, should be enough to pop it back out again.

Just use with caution on paper cones.

What I hate with kids is the proud parents expecting you to love and adore them as much as they do. So There I am having this wee baby plonked on my lap and then having my left eardrum shattered by its screaming.

Sorry, but go and deafen someone else

(ALi-B...Godparent )

Last edited by ALi-B; 11 April 2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11 April 2011, 06:22 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Dome popped back out with a little massage of the fabric. Yes, they are the super elypsium tweeters in a pair of 764i's which started life black ash and have been re-veneered to light oak.
Old 11 April 2011, 06:38 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Having my own son, I kinda see where the overdrive of proudness comes from (I think our son is the ******* business). But it shouldn't be pushed onto others like some Sunday morning Jehovahs witness convention at your front door!

I'd generally ring and say politely if you're not keen on kids round at your gaff (for whatever reasons) come and see me at mine when you can.
Old 11 April 2011, 06:40 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Life would be pretty empty without kids.

Chip
Old 11 April 2011, 06:40 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamz3k
So why bringing your children to my home? My home has nice things that children can ruin plus I don't want to entertain your children as I dislike them.

Please come back once you've sorted out a babysitter or given them up for adoption.

+1

Unfortunately, Mr OS has grown-up kids, who now have brats of their own (7 + 4). I don't invite them round, they just turn up, cause bleedin' chaos. In MY day, you were told to sit still and be quiet. And you did!
Old 11 April 2011, 07:02 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Stop tapping up the single mums then.
Old 11 April 2011, 07:12 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by oldsplice
In MY day, you were told to sit still and be quiet. And you did!
But unlike YOUR day Splicer, T-rex no longer roam the land looking for supper!
Old 11 April 2011, 07:21 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

But unlike YOUR day Splicer, T-rex no longer roam the land looking for supper!

It bleedin' well feels like it when the oiks turn up!
Old 11 April 2011, 07:39 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip
Life would be pretty empty without kids.

Chip
Not so long ago I thought life was getting a bit dull, empty and repetitive, like there was something missing.

I bought a motorbike.

Job done!
Old 11 April 2011, 07:46 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I have children, but I never liked to entertain people with ill-mannered children. When my kids were little, one of our regular guest kids was very earthy. He loved playing with mud etc. and his mum (who still remains a good friend) well encouraged him. I had to tell her that he wasn't allowed all muddy inside my house. They are good people, so they had no probs adjusting with that. Since then, he always washed and changed before coming to our house.

Another school mum had a kid who always broke something in my living room whenever she came around to play with my kid. Not much could be done about it but to put her visits off to mine.

Not just the kids, I also find it offensive when people bring their dog (no matter how small or big the dog is) with them to my house without asking me if it is convenient for me to host it along with the guest/s. It has only happened about 2 times in my life time, but I now tell my dog owner friends and acquaintences not to bring the dog with them. My cats freak out nor can I stand dog's attention seeking inside my house. Even my son leaves his dog at his dad's when he visits me, or the dog stays in his car for the time being. "Love me and love my dog" can't happen, I am afraid.

Last edited by Turbohot; 11 April 2011 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11 April 2011, 07:52 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

If I get invited to visit someone it's obvious I'm going to take the children, I can't fob them off whenever we get invited to visit friends.

That said, I would be mortified if they stepped out of line, or damaged something in the house.

I think I am lucky as even though not many of our friends had children until recently they were always quite accomodating.
Our closest friends don't have children, and he isn't to fussed about having any, but he is the most understanding about our situation (socially) as parents. Him and his fiancé are both great with our children, and very trustworthy.

I think if we were not welcome at our friends houses with the children, then we simply wouldn't go.
Unless it was a night out type of thing.

Last edited by Hysteria1983; 11 April 2011 at 08:16 PM.
Old 11 April 2011, 07:58 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983
Our closest friends don't have children, and he isn't to fussed about having any, but he is the most understanding about our situation (socially) as parents.
Old 11 April 2011, 08:06 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
That's a bit rude!
Old 11 April 2011, 08:19 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

That's a bit rude!
Old 11 April 2011, 08:24 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
Do you have a scarf to match?
Old 11 April 2011, 08:26 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Taking children to friends shouldn't be a problem for anyone if the children are well-behaved, or if children's parents respect the fact that it is others' house, and they may need to discipline their children in order to minimise destruction of the hosts' property and peace. It doesn't always happen, though. But it doesn't mean to say that all children are chaotic or uncontrollable. mine weren't. That's because I taught them to respect others' things and rules in their territory.

Never mind the guests with kids, some grown-up guests without kids can be a headache as well. They themselves can act like spoilt children. One couple who have no kids used to act very demanding in my house. Man was okay, but the woman started to take a pith by expecting to invade my teenage kid's bed once, and by asking for herbal tea without any prior warning etc. I put her straight very politely by telling her not to sleep in my kid's bedroom with her husband (there was nothing wrong with the well-prepared spare room for them), and by telling her to get herbal teabags from Tesco for herself. I can't be @rsed with bending backwards and forwards for people for their "suddenly propped up" special needs who should actually thank me for hosting them.

However, it doesn't mean to say that all people without kids are a pain in the butt as guests.
Old 11 April 2011, 08:34 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Turbohot... What was the situation leading up to her getting in one of your childrens beds?
Did she go for a cry for not getting her herbal tea? Lol.
Old 11 April 2011, 08:51 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Turbohot... What was the situation leading up to her getting in one of your childrens beds?
Did she go for a cry for not getting her herbal tea? Lol.
LOL Yeah.

They were just acting awkward, Hysteria. The guest perhaps wanted my kid's room because she just wanted to over-ride what was being offered to her in all kindness. I reckon that unconsciously, she was acting like a child, to re-live the child within her. Therefore, she wanted to sleep in my child's bedroom. The female simply said that they'd rather sleep in my daughter's room. I didn't ask for the explanation/reason for her desire. I don't have patience for all that with awkward people. I simply told her that they couldn't. That was that.
Old 11 April 2011, 09:03 PM
wayne9t9
Scooby Regular

My kids did that to my Kefs so I sucked it out with a vacuum cleaner. Gotta love em
Old 11 April 2011, 09:13 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by wayne9t9
My kids did that to my Kefs so I sucked it out with a vacuum cleaner. Gotta love em
..... how wrong is that
Old 11 April 2011, 09:17 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

No kids?! So you've doing nothing to keep the human population evolving, shame on you

TX.
Old 11 April 2011, 09:49 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terminator X
No kids?! So you've doing nothing to keep the human population evolving, shame on you

TX.
The gene pool is already polluted enough without adding my Aryan DNA being chucked in too!

Quick Reply: I have no children