Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Scottish Power Customer Services - or lack of

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2011, 02:23 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scottish Power Customer Services - or lack of

We are leaving SP to go to EON with a dual fuel swap via quidco. Better rate and 60.00 cashback so seems worth the move. Since we decided to move SP has phone us 5 times in 4 weeks asking why we are moving and would we consider changing our minds. Each time i have asked to be removed from the marketing and retention databases.

Having had another call today i decided to call their customer services to speak to someone to get our info removed - i got an automated messages say my call was in a que and would be answered on 19-35 minutes - Thank god we are moving suppliers and sounds like customers have a lot of issues.

Some companies just do not know the meaning of customer service!
Old 05 April 2011, 04:32 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Sh1te!

SP's website simply wouldn't work - could never login!!! Kept getting a HTML page of a graphic of a toaster 'pop up' (very droll) lol

Moved to British Gas some months ago because of it.

But now just moved to EDF Energy...
Old 05 April 2011, 04:35 PM
ChrisB

Hah, British Gas seem to be clueless as well. I'm currently battling to get a correct bill from them - three times I've given them the correct meter readings, then got a bill with some other random readings used instead
Old 05 April 2011, 04:59 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

EDF have al;ways said we can get a better deal by signing up for the internet/paperless service.
Problem is their website won't let us log in as they are 'having issues with their online system'. Been like it for 6 months!
Old 05 April 2011, 05:07 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gear Head
EDF... Problem is their website won't let us log in as they are 'having issues with their online system'. Been like it for 6 months!
Yeah, it's a right fvcking pain in the ***.

What is it with these utilities companies?!
Old 05 April 2011, 05:13 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Dispise EDF after sending us they rollover letter and giving only 48 hours opportunity to cancel.

We missed the cancellation notice for the wifes salon as well so stuffed into another 12 months with BG - although in fairness they did give us about a months notice so it's our fault. I rang them today because the salon has been slapped a "climate change levy" which means instead of 5% VAT for small business its 20% VAT.

Over 33KW a day and you get slapped with 20% VAT. I asked them to give us a daily average and its 34.2KW. There is 2 emersion heaters on 24/7 for the hot water. We are having both of them fitted with timers and hopefully reduce our leccy bills and get us under the 33KW.

For that BG were helpful although locking you in for another 12 months is a pi55 take. The sooner the ban the practice the better.
Old 05 April 2011, 05:19 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

I thought the law was you can change suppliers after only one calender month of usage i.e. anytime after paying the first month's invoice???

How dare BG do that?! Were you aware of their 12m contract?
Old 05 April 2011, 05:33 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

They're all the same, BG, nPower, etc. Just use whoever is cheapest for you, and they will ring loads when you cancel
Old 05 April 2011, 05:40 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Over 33KW a day and you get slapped with 20% VAT. I asked them to give us a daily average and its 34.2KW. There is 2 emersion heaters on 24/7 for the hot water. We are having both of them fitted with timers and hopefully reduce our leccy bills and get us under the 33KW.

That sounds like an expensive way to heat lots of water.
I am thinking that you don't have gas at the salon?
Old 05 April 2011, 06:25 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

The main problem is the ludicrous way they layout their bills! So hard to keep track of what you've actually used and when and how much, etc...

Do you reckon they try to 'complicate' it, on purpose?
Old 06 April 2011, 08:56 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scottish Power seemed great - until we decided to move about last December!!

After plenty of calls asking us to stay and asking why we wanted to leave they finally got everything started for the move ...... they lock you out of their website (luckily I took all the details of my account first!) ...... then they mess about with your account and don't get it right.

When you call there is no-one to talk to - it's like they have completely disowned you! All you get is a looped recorded message without the options you want to select!!

I'm now with EDF - a £100 Cashback Golden Hello won.

They are all as bad as each other - in all honesty .... they WANT to make it hard and painful to move, so no-one moves in the end and they save costs.

It is actually simple to move as long as you have your wits about you and extract all the details of your account before they lock you out - oh, yes, and stop the Direct Debit straight away!!
Old 06 April 2011, 09:26 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by joz8968
I thought the law was you can change suppliers after only one calender month of usage i.e. anytime after paying the first month's invoice???

How dare BG do that?! Were you aware of their 12m contract?
There is some conflicting information online. I read that BG charge £35 to come out early but the girl at BG said no. I was all set for a bit of rant but no point, wasn't her fault and she'd been helpful with the other questions.

They all do this though. Apparently the watchdogs have stopped mobile phone companies from auto-roll over and there is pressure for energy companies to do the same but as yet nothing.

At least BG gave us some reasonable warning so we are partly to blame. EDF on the other hand were very sneaky. Sent the renewal 2nd class, made the "get out" date the date the letter was written not when it was received and sent before a weekend, we got it Thursday and had less than 2 working days to sort it out. Rang, complained and got the same rate as the year before but still a cheek.

Originally Posted by legb4rsk

That sounds like an expensive way to heat lots of water.
I am thinking that you don't have gas at the salon?
No gas there. Never been completely sure why there is two emersions. With 3 backwashes they aren't all in constant use so I reckon one could probably be turned off. Sparky is now a week overdue to look at it so will give him a nudge today.