Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Idiots in a Hyundai

Search this Thread

Old 17 April 2002, 01:12 PM
tony1979
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I was driving down the M3 on the way to Bournemouth on Sunday with my girlfriend. Ended up having a little race with a Nissan 200SX as we were coming onto the motorway, just having a bit of fun, all legal and such. When we hit traffic things slowed up (60-65MPH), so I stayed behind the Nissan. I looked in my rearview mirror (whilst in the fast lane), and there were a group of asian lads in a white Hyundai (with gold alloys ), UNDERtaking and pulling in front of people, causing them to brake.

When he eventually got behind me, right up to the boot...this was enough to pi55 me off. He then decided that I wasn't moving fast enough for him, so he started to undertake me. There was only enough braking distance between me and the Nissan in front - but this didn't stop him. I never slowed down, but he then decided to pull into the side of me anyway. So I beeped, and stepped on the brakes quite hard to let him in, just to see the group in the back seat of the Hyundai grinning!!!! I think the Nissan spotted the trouble, and pulled into the middle lane to avoid an accident.

Bloody idiots - hope they get theirs!
Old 17 April 2002, 01:56 PM
Sheepsplitter
Scooby Regular

I do have sympathy with your problem, however since when was 'having a little race' on a public road legalised :-)
Old 17 April 2002, 02:01 PM
tony1979
Scooby Regular

Smile

Okay, I'll re-phrase that to "both accelerating hard to the speed limit due to there being no traffic" Like I said though, all this commotion happened after we hit heavy traffic...so there!
Old 17 April 2002, 03:53 PM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Red face

Had a similar situation with a guy in a 406 estate...

He undertook and cut in front of me... I find this very annoying..

so I did it back... he went mad! I pulled in front and he flashed and hooted, so I used the headlight washers as I was sure they must have been dirty hence him flashing his lights???
Then he kept wiping his screen but I was sure mine were okay..
He then tried every chance he had to undertake me, using the hard shoulder at one point..
Then the traffic got less so I just waved...

When you are in a queue in the outside lane I hate it when people undertake.. if there is one car in front hogging the outside lane then undertaking I can understand... but undertaking a huge queue and cutting in is just showing no respect for other road users.

JGM
Old 17 April 2002, 05:57 PM
skiddusmarkus
Scooby Regular

"When you are in a queue in the outside lane I hate it when people undertake.. if there is one car in front hogging the outside lane then undertaking I can understand... but undertaking a huge queue and cutting in is just showing no respect for other road users."
Ever thought of moving into the faster flowing inside lane?If more people overtook then moved back into the inside and middle lanes,then the motorway would flow a lot more freely.
Old 18 April 2002, 07:53 AM
tony1979
Scooby Regular

I always get caught behind the "father flat-cap" variety that seemed to not have been told during his/her driving test in the late 30's that you must drive in the lefthand lane, unless overtaking.

Unfortunately, there's always gonna be a car in front that's going slower than you.

But the drivers I *REALLY* hate, are the ones that sit in the middle lane, when there is no traffic. So you have to pull across to the fast lane, and back again.
Old 18 April 2002, 09:07 AM
Jolly Green Monster 2
Scooby Regular

Wink

If there is one car in front of me sitting in the outside lane then I feel undertaking is appropriate.. but if you are in a queue waiting for someone to move over or for the outside lane to get past some cars in the middle lane, then undertaking and cutting into a small gap is not good.

I prefer riding my bike.. chose any lane I like, they even mark them with a white like so I know where to ride... but you won't find me jumping in someone braking distance between the car in front of them.

JGM
Old 18 April 2002, 09:16 AM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Wink

I tend to get so irritated with middle laners that I sit behind them and openely show my annoyance to get them to move over!
Old 18 April 2002, 12:13 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Angry

Michelle: I'm with you on that one. That's the single thing that pisses me off most about drivers in this country. Actually it's that and when people accelerate to close the gap that you're indicating to move into
Old 18 April 2002, 12:20 PM
tony1979
Scooby Regular

Or when you are approaching a roundabout on a dual-carriageway in the righthand lane, and someone else is in the lefthand lane. I always stay behind a little bit, because the person in the left always seems to cut into the right lane on the roundabout...am I invisible?!?