Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

4 Burner Gas BBQ

Search this Thread

Old 15 March 2011, 02:05 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Question 4 Burner Gas BBQ

Can anyone recomend a half decent 4 burner gas BBQ, mine was destroyed in the shipping container when we moved back from Oz and I want to replace it, mine was stainless steel with a side burner and had a full cabinet, with a cast iron plate and cast iron griddle.

It only cost the equivalent of £250 but the only ones I have seen which are anything like it cost over £1K here

Can anyone recomend one, no need to get into the Charcoal vs Gas debate, I like my Gas and I already have a wood burning Chimnea.

Cheers
Old 15 March 2011, 02:39 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.210-7603.aspx

I ordered one of these yesterday, only a three burner, but should be enough for my needs.
Old 15 March 2011, 02:39 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

I have a Homebase own brand one, can't quite remember the price but only a few £100. It's okay but never quite seems to get hot enough for my liking, certainly no where near charcoal.

Unfortunately due to our builder over-running (don't they always) on the extension it didn't get cleaned up and put away in the shed for winter, just left under it's cover. The shed was being used to store a load of other stuff. Now a bit scared about what may lie within it
Old 15 March 2011, 02:44 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cookstar
http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.210-7603.aspx

I ordered one of these yesterday, only a three burner, but should be enough for my needs.
Looks good, at least I know where to go for another if mine is fooked
Old 15 March 2011, 02:52 PM
SkydiveMacca
Scooby Regular

CostCo had some awesome looking cooking machines at the weekend. Might be worth checking there if you're a member?
Old 15 March 2011, 02:58 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Outback.

Mine (Outback Trooper ) is about ten years old now and still going, had to weld the burner support about five years ago and re-oil the timber ever so often. Lava rock basket is on its last legs, but they do sell replacements.

Its kept outside all year round under a platic canvas cover (its actually an offcut from the side of a curtain-sided lorry ), so TBH its done pretty damn well.

When it finally dies I'll buy another outback, although they do sell spares so maybe I'll keep it going.

Last edited by ALi-B; 15 March 2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 15 March 2011, 03:56 PM
hail-hail
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Outback.

Mine (Outback Trooper ) is about ten years old now and still going, had to weld the burner support about five years ago and re-oil the timber ever so often. Lava rock basket is on its last legs, but they do sell replacements.

Its kept outside all year round under a platic canvas cover (its actually an offcut from the side of a curtain-sided lorry ), so TBH its done pretty damn well.

When it finally dies I'll buy another outback, although they do sell spares so maybe I'll keep it going.
I have an Outback as well, only a year old, but it's a great bit of kit, sat out all winter under it's cover and have just cleaned it down, works and looks perfect again.
Old 15 March 2011, 04:43 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I was looking at an Outback the other night, Dyas had this at £249.99 but there wasn't one on view at my local store and now it's back up to £299.00
http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/product....source=froogle

Also saw this on Fleabay, ticks all the boxes but it's not like it's available anywhere for me to have a look at, a bit of a punt if it's a pile of crap.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Worrall-Thomps...item2eb3e7d03f

Last edited by Funkii Munkii; 15 March 2011 at 04:45 PM.