Photography/CCTV Camera

Search this Thread

Old 11 March 2011, 11:42 AM
Sti_Prodrive
Scooby Regular

Location: LONDON MANDEM - At Da V-Power Petty Station Fillin Up
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Photography/CCTV Camera

Right... It's come to that time in life where I need to set up a full IP CCTV camera, all round best in all types of weather condition & must be great for *night* vision too!

Had a good look high & low, but really don’t know which CCTV to buy as they are so many about. Someone on here must know or might using something which could direct me to the right way would be great

I’ve had my car keyed, scratch, and bumpered due to road permits in London & bits taken off during the night! Someone keeps dinging the door bell in the night @ around 2ish/3ish & does a runner I'm really am fed up with it, my car IS MY LIFE! I spend a lot of time & money on it, now it’s time for me to get these people on CCTV & down the old bill!

First off money isn’t an issue as long as I get quality... my requirements are

IP (so I can log on via PC or my iPhone internet also I can move the camera via torch of a button NONE of that ladder stuff once it’s fitted).

Can record onto my computer & display on to my monitor (more than 1 view of set up)

Must have the best night vision regardless of light

Picture & Video has to be the dog's nuts!!!

Small as possible

Feedback needed, also anyone who has or seen any great CCTV camera or know of anyone using a brand or model let me know...

Picture & Video has to be the dog's nuts!!!

Can zoom in very well with out a problem or no bler

Small as possiable

Feedback needed, also anyone who has or seen any great CCTV camera or know of anyone using a pursific brand or modle let me know..
Old 11 March 2011, 12:19 PM
scotty_b
Scooby Regular

I deal with my Central Monitoring Station at work and have trialled and installed some Mobotix IP cameras of late. Seem really good, cracking quality and can see in the dark really well. There 360 and 180 degree viewing is good so no motor to burn out etc and get the whole panoramic view. Heres a link to there site sure they sell camera's on individual basis etc but atleast some reading so you know what to look out for.

http://www.mobotix.com/eng_GB/

Have a look at there videos etc. If not google as alot like AV forums there are CCTV/Monitoring forums so will get some good info on those.

Oh and how you catch the losers!

Scotty
Old 11 March 2011, 12:35 PM
mslorach
Scooby Regular

I've just bought one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/EyeSpy247Ext...9846729&sr=8-2
It's really good, night vision is excellent and it can be motion triggered too. it doesnt pan or tilt but I am going to buy another one to stick on the other side of my house.
I use it with a qnap nas home server.
Old 11 March 2011, 07:04 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

how many camera's would you need?

4 or less id suggest getting a really good dvr card for you're home pc and some black and white night and day camera's.

you can get the camera's quite cheap even for decent camera's but the card maybe a little more expensive, what makes it expensive is getting the fps speed up, cheap cards can be had but you have to share 25fps through how many cameras you have, ideally you will need 25fps per camera to get as close to "real time" as you can.

if the pc route isnt an option, maplins sell a nice setup for around £300 all in which is quite good with a seperate dvr, or costco sell a brilliant one for £299 if you're not a member ile lend you my details if it helps
Old 12 March 2011, 05:56 PM
alistair
Scooby Senior

I have a Geovision card in a PC - it's fantastic - mines a GV00 but you can go higher quality if you want more.

It can run 16 cameras - has remote vewing from any internet connection and an iPhone app.

I run a number of different quality cameras off it for different places in and around my house.