Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2011, 03:10 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cyclist Haters

Get stuck in.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ur-attack.html

Let see which cretin mentions the classic 2 words first.
Old 10 March 2011, 03:29 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

You have to remember that the Police will have seen the whole video though, they're just showing that bit for people to help identify the driver.

I like the way all the usual mis-informed and ignorant bullcrap comes out again:-

No Road Tax
Illegal to filter up the inside
Illegal to ride two abreast
ALL cyclists jump red lights / ride on pavements / shouldn't be on the road / must use cycle lanes

It's almost like a mantra with these people....
Old 10 March 2011, 03:35 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Agreed.

The lack of knowledge of the highway code in the comments section is staggering.
Old 10 March 2011, 03:44 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Bloody cyclists

Old 10 March 2011, 03:56 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

This is the answer!
Old 10 March 2011, 03:59 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Shamelessly stolen from the Evil Scoobs thread
[/QUOTE]
Old 10 March 2011, 04:05 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

The 2 wheeled warrior triggered that by tapping on the car and shouting oi at the driver. I can't help thinking there is a type of person that is out to gain this kind of footage.

The car driver sounded like Hong Kong Phooey and was about as scary as my Nan. He shouldn't have got out if he was only going to mince about because he'll still face the full weight of the law for his actions.

The cyclist deserves jailing for dressing like a cóck too.
Old 10 March 2011, 04:13 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Cyclists ? nearly as bad as motorcyclists

When I lived in Sydney they were hated by most drivers purely because they'd get up dead early meet up in their lycra and then cycle around parts of Sydney in a pack 50 deep taking up entire lanes of the main roads into Syd and generally fookin up the traffic.

Massive Lycra based cycling culture down there
Old 10 March 2011, 04:23 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Cyclists are ***** (nice bigoted generalisation there ).

Scooterists though?! In another league man!!!

Last edited by joz8968; 10 March 2011 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10 March 2011, 04:45 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some worrying comments on there.
Old 10 March 2011, 05:00 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spoon
The 2 wheeled warrior triggered that by tapping on the car and shouting oi at the driver. I can't help thinking there is a type of person that is out to gain this kind of footage.

The car driver sounded like Hong Kong Phooey and was about as scary as my Nan. He shouldn't have got out if he was only going to mince about because he'll still face the full weight of the law for his actions.

The cyclist deserves jailing for dressing like a cóck too.
Pretty much sums things up in one simple post for me. These people are looking for trouble and when they find it get all butt hurt over it.
Old 10 March 2011, 05:01 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Pretty much sums things up in one simple post for me. These people are looking for trouble and when they find it get all butt hurt over it.

I'm one of "these people" and I can promise you I do not look for trouble.
Old 10 March 2011, 05:04 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

I know what you mean about the cameras and I dont have one but I would tap on someones window and have done as really it isnt grounds for violence, people knock on my door at home and I dont knock them out.

I think the ones that are out to gain the footage have had problems in the past and regretted not having a cam and are perhaps looking to get some footage and to turn a
borderline event into a big one.

Thats BMW driver needed a slap.

Cyclists dress like that to be seen and to be comfortable.
Old 10 March 2011, 05:04 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
This is the answer!
Found the owner of that bike

Old 10 March 2011, 06:45 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns
I'm one of "these people" and I can promise you I do not look for trouble.
Then, by your own admission, you aren't one of 'those people' are you?
Old 10 March 2011, 07:03 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
I know what you mean about the cameras and I dont have one but I would tap on someones window and have done as really it isnt grounds for violence, people knock on my door at home and I dont knock them out.
I haven't had anybody knock at my door for 18 years as the property isn't accessible. It is something you get used to and I couldn't go back to being exposed so that any Tom, Dick or Samantha could just walk up a garden path and gawp into the house. Likewise my vehicles are mine and not to be touched by anybody who feels they can. Rightly or wrongly, if a cyclist tapped on my vehicle and shouted oi to me it would be the equivalent to saying fight on. Put up or shut up. Don't, when confronted, start squeaking you'll inform the Police if you're going to get someones back up.

I think the ones that are out to gain the footage have had problems in the past and regretted not having a cam and are perhaps looking to get some footage and to turn a borderline event into a big one.
We differ here in so much I think there's a percentage of 'trainspotter type' cyclists who look for footage.

Thats BMW driver needed a slap.
For mincing, I agree.

Cyclists dress like that to be seen and to be comfortable.
Visability reasons are fine but he looks a prize cóck.
Old 10 March 2011, 07:07 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

I give cyclists lots of room because I used to do a lot of road cycling and appreciate that cyclists are very vulnerable. Too many Drivers act like they are invisible.
Old 10 March 2011, 07:19 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Rightly or wrongly, if a cyclist tapped on my vehicle and shouted oi to me it would be the equivalent to saying fight on.
If you're that tightly wound up that the only reaction you'd ever have to someone tapping on the side of your car is being ready to start a fight, the balance of probability says you need psychiatric help.

That said, any cyclist who thinks it's clever to tap on the side of a vehicle in moving traffic could probably use the same. If the damn thing's so close it's going to cause you certain or almost certain injury, pound on the side of the thing with your fist by all means, but tapping it is just a wussy pathetic waste of time.
Old 10 March 2011, 07:45 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

I haven't had anybody knock at my door for 18 years as the property isn't accessible. It is something you get used to and I couldn't go back to being exposed so that any Tom, Dick or Samantha could just walk up a garden path and gawp into the house. Likewise my vehicles are mine and not to be touched by anybody who feels they can. Rightly or wrongly, if a cyclist tapped on my vehicle and shouted oi to me it would be the equivalent to saying fight on. Put up or shut up. Don't, when confronted, start squeaking you'll inform the Police if you're going to get someones back up.

We differ here in so much I think there's a percentage of 'trainspotter type' cyclists who look for footage.

For mincing, I agree.

Visability reasons are fine but he looks a prize cóck.

You seem to be isolating yourself and prone to aggression, surely a tap on the window is not enough to risk a charge of GBH, I try to avoid confrontation but will defend myself if I need to, I tend to find people in cars really don't want to get out if you point out an error, when I do I am polite, like the lady in the BMW that came hairing round a bend to find me turning(was on my side of the road waiting to turn right but she was cutting the corner), was miles away but she blew her horn and gave me the finger, she shat herself (but couldn't get away) when I appeared (I didn't tap) and asked what the speed and attitude were for and she soon backed down and apologised. Didn't realise it was a woman until I got to the door of the car by the way, she was actually very nice once I spoke to her and I could tell she felt stupid when she realised I wasnt some sub human non BMW driving scum and was actually a polite man on a bike.

No need to be so aggressive, what would you do if a Policeman tapped on your window ?

All that going on about people not coming to your house makes you sound a bit "Local", the rest of the population manage ok, you are not some higher being, I reckon living out in the sticks does bring about a sort of siege mentality, my in laws live on a farm and they are obsessed with security and privacy, just close the curtains !
Old 10 March 2011, 08:07 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

You seem to be isolating yourself and prone to aggression, surely a tap on the window is not enough to risk a charge of GBH, I try to avoid confrontation but will defend myself if I need to, I tend to find people in cars really don't want to get out if you point out an error, when I do I am polite, like the lady in the BMW that came hairing round a bend to find me turning(was on my side of the road waiting to turn right but she was cutting the corner), was miles away but she blew her horn and gave me the finger, she shat herself (but couldn't get away) when I appeared (I didn't tap) and asked what the speed and attitude were for and she soon backed down and apologised. Didn't realise it was a woman until I got to the door of the car by the way, she was actually very nice once I spoke to her and I could tell she felt stupid when she realised I wasnt some sub human non BMW driving scum and was actually a polite man on a bike.
Key points are highlighted. There's a huge difference. Nobody said it was worth a charge of GBH. Nobody should be going about tapping car windows and shouting oi at a driver, any driver, just as you didn't, remember.

No need to be so aggressive, what would you do if a Policeman tapped on your window ?
You might have noticed they don't, they'll signal for you to drop the window, or they did, probably for the same reason to not appear rude.

All that going on about people not coming to your house makes you sound a bit "Local", the rest of the population manage ok, you are not some higher being, I reckon living out in the sticks does bring about a sort of siege mentality, my in laws live on a farm and they are obsessed with security and privacy, just close the curtains !
Not the rest of the poulation at all, only those that do. I know plenty of homes similar and wouldn't have it any other way. Interesting why you should have to bring up the higher being comment. Maybe you need to work harder and stop the inverted snobbery.
Old 10 March 2011, 08:28 PM
7 Foot
Scooby Regular

if a cyclist tapped on my vehicle and shouted oi to me it would be the equivalent to saying fight on. Put up or shut up. Don't, when confronted, start squeaking you'll inform the Police if you're going to get someones back up.

Are you for real?

I got cut up last year and booted the car's door. I couldn't tap on the window as I was trying to stay upright and shouting wasn't helping.
If the driver had had the ***** to stop and reacted as you claim you would I would have thrown the tit in the hedge.

The cyclist in the clip shouldn't be slated for not acting like a thug. He's obviously not a violent man and shouldn't have to be.

I think an apology is maybe the way to go if you scare and nearly injure someone who is just trying to get down the road. Masking embarrassment with aggression is ridiculous.
Old 10 March 2011, 08:32 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 7 Foot
Are you for real?

I got cut up last year and booted the car's door. I couldn't tap on the window as I was trying to stay upright and shouting wasn't helping.
If the driver had had the ***** to stop and reacted as you claim you would I would have thrown the tit in the hedge.

The cyclist in the clip shouldn't be slated for not acting like a thug. He's obviously not a violent man and shouldn't have to be.

I think an apology is maybe the way to go if you scare and nearly injure someone who is just trying to get down the road. Masking embarrassment with aggression is ridiculous.

The driving in Berko is awful! Especially outside the Collegiate!
Old 10 March 2011, 08:34 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmmm ok car driver at fault... or is he?
Cyclist is taking up half the road, car driver over takes, but notice the on coming traffic, cyclist isnt moving and looks to be more than happy to take up half a road.
Car driver is pulling back in (though he really is at fault for overtaking without giving the cyclist enough room, but the cyclist shouldnt be in the middle of the road so the car could have passed easily).
Make of it that you will, both parties are at fault, the cyclist for using far too much of the road and the car driver for making a silly overtaking manouvre.

Tony
Old 10 March 2011, 08:40 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Are you for real?

You're asking me if I'm for ******* real? Irony award 2011!

To be fair we didn't get to see the whole picture. The cyclist didn't appear aggressive though, and that is my whole point, if he was out to get footage he did a good job of starting something that he could have avoided.

I couldn't agree with you more and that works from any side, pedestrians, cyclists, driver etc.
Old 10 March 2011, 08:49 PM
andy-m
Scooby Regular

most cylists are idiots, especialy in london

had one swear at me cuz i was half on the pavement just after a set of lights and he had to pull round me.
didnt occur to him that as my hazards were on i might just have been broken down (Which i was)
and ive had them jump lights before. ive had them swear at me cuz i am too close to the kerb at the lights for them to squeeze past, despite the fact that there was only 2 lanes, not very wide, and i was turning left when the lights went green, with my indicator on.
some sort of basic cycling test should be mandatory. the idiots will learn, and any responsible cyclists shouldnt have a problem with a short test.
Old 10 March 2011, 09:07 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Spoon

11 out of 10 for stirring
Old 10 March 2011, 09:11 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
Spoon

11 out of 10 for stirring
All while polishing the wheels on my Veyron too.
Old 10 March 2011, 09:34 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Key points are highlighted. There's a huge difference. Nobody said it was worth a charge of GBH. Nobody should be going about tapping car windows and shouting oi at a driver, any driver, just as you didn't, remember.

You might have noticed they don't, they'll signal for you to drop the window, or they did, probably for the same reason to not appear rude.

Not the rest of the poulation at all, only those that do. I know plenty of homes similar and wouldn't have it any other way. Interesting why you should have to bring up the higher being comment. Maybe you need to work harder and stop the inverted snobbery.

Inverted snob, me !

I am the real deal....

It depends on any given situation how angry you are, some people react differently, the one time I touched a car it was with my bars having been overtaken and cut in on but if under duress and needing to attract attention I wouldn't rule it out but the idea is to go decades between incidents that have any aggro involved, I try to acknowledge drivers and thank them, most are really good but you do get aggrieved is someone deliberately endangers you or acts selfishly.
Old 10 March 2011, 09:39 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

cyclists , the cheep answer to filling in potholes , cheeper than tarmac

Quick Reply: Cyclist Haters