Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The Toileteries thief !

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2011, 12:53 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Toileteries thief !

Some twart keeps nicking my shower gel and deodorant at work, leave it in the shower block in a bag (I cycle in) and a few times I have had cans of deodorant nicked and someone keeps half inching my 69p Sainsburys shower gel ! this is in a shower block that is accessed via a key code.

Now, 69p is not a lot of money but its just so f*cking annoying, went to the bag and it wasnt there, went through the other cubicle (unoccupied at the time) and there is was on the floor, bottle cracked and leaking and pracitically empty !

Now I dont mind if someone forgets theirs and needs to nick a bit for a shower but systematically going through it and not putting it back and breaking the bottle has annoyed me so, need to think up ways to protect it so I dont have to come in and shower without soap, I pay for it, bring it in so I get to use it !

So, thinking of prehaps some kind of combo lock but also I need some more evil suggestions for perhaps a decoy bottle, would a bottle of blue food colouring do the trick do you think, the shower gel is blue, could it be mixed in so that it turns the thief bright blue or are there other things that I could add, I am sure Astraboy could come up with some good ones, perhaps one of those cream shower gel ones and aquire a quantity of Donkey Spunk to replace the contents ?

So, come om, suggestions, the more evil and workable the better.
Old 10 March 2011, 12:55 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

how about those bars of soap that dye your skin? will identify the culprit and no perminent damage to be done for
Old 10 March 2011, 12:59 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Some twart keeps nicking my shower gel and deodorant at work, leave it in the shower block in a bag (I cycle in)
Why not keep your bag by your desk, or in the desk drawer?

Problem solved? No?
Old 10 March 2011, 01:02 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Anti theft paint?
Old 10 March 2011, 01:16 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
Why not keep your bag by your desk, or in the desk drawer?

Problem solved? No?
Wheres the fun in that

Could do, shouldnt have to and it complicates the logistics, I am able to remember my stuff and leave other peoples alone so I expect other people to, its not a school or prison, these are well paid proffessionals.

Plus, I really want to see a slightly marbled bloke walking sheepishly round wonderign when he will go back to his normal colour or why he can smell Donkey Mess.
Old 10 March 2011, 01:21 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Acetone?
Old 10 March 2011, 01:23 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
hair removal cream in it...
< police acadamy >

Fill the shower gel with Super glue

Originally Posted by Tidgy
how about those bars of soap that dye your skin? will identify the culprit and no perminent damage to be done for
Glitter soap.

Damn stuff gets everywhere
Old 10 March 2011, 01:29 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

**** off into it.
Old 10 March 2011, 01:32 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Aqueous black dye.
Old 10 March 2011, 01:35 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
**** off into it.
Might take a while to produce a credible ammount, would have to have a whip round on SN
Old 10 March 2011, 01:40 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Used to effectively share a toilet block when i lived on my yacht * in the marina , never needed to buy showergel cos people regularly forgot to pack after toileting ( i suspect mainly weekenders )

Happy days

* well it sounds better than boat
Old 10 March 2011, 01:43 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

A bar of soap with some curly pubic hairs on it should ensure it does not get nicked.
Old 10 March 2011, 01:50 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

leave it there, marked, then pictures of same bottle posted around with it being defiled in some way I reckon.
Old 10 March 2011, 01:53 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

used gearbox oil a syringe , premix with shower gel job done , used gearbox oil stinks like tom cats **** . if you wanted to be real nasty you could allways add some imac cream , the victim would then be bold and smelling of cats ****
Old 10 March 2011, 02:04 PM
Miniman
Scooby Regular

Some idea's here

http://www.jobdescriptions.net/hilarious-office-notes/
Old 10 March 2011, 02:14 PM
hux309
Also known as daz

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 10 March 2011, 02:24 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hux309
I dont think that is really the issue, the level is going down not up !

That must have been a hell of a lot of "Bob Monk" to block the drains.
Old 10 March 2011, 02:25 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

I've actually seen this happen offshore, half a bottle of Immac mixed with your shower gel give's symptoms something pretty close to Alopecia.
Old 10 March 2011, 02:49 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
I've actually seen this happen offshore.
Thought initially you meant the plumbing thing as I can imagine that two weeks on really only leaves a chap with one option.....
Old 10 March 2011, 03:16 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

If you really want to get pay back go for the Immac, it honestly works.
Old 10 March 2011, 03:38 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
If you really want to get pay back go for the Immac, it honestly works.
The problem with doing that is the victim will know who the shower gel belongs to and will probably start a tit for tat war out of retaliation and this could get nasty. The simplest thing to do is to just not leave your wash bag in the changing room. Don't you have lockers in there? I mean if there are facilities to shower etc why aren't there facilities to store your stuff? What do you do with your wet towel and stinky bike clothes during the day whilst you are at work?

As fun as the retaliation seems and I for one would love to here the outcome is it really worth the hassle it could cause with a colleague?
Old 10 March 2011, 03:45 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Some twart keeps nicking my shower gel and deodorant at work, leave it in the shower block in a bag (I cycle in) and a few times I have had cans of deodorant nicked and someone keeps half inching my 69p Sainsburys shower gel ! this is in a shower block that is accessed via a key code.

Now, 69p is not a lot of money but its just so f*cking annoying, went to the bag and it wasnt there, went through the other cubicle (unoccupied at the time) and there is was on the floor, bottle cracked and leaking and pracitically empty !

Now I dont mind if someone forgets theirs and needs to nick a bit for a shower but systematically going through it and not putting it back and breaking the bottle has annoyed me so, need to think up ways to protect it so I dont have to come in and shower without soap, I pay for it, bring it in so I get to use it !

So, thinking of prehaps some kind of combo lock but also I need some more evil suggestions for perhaps a decoy bottle, would a bottle of blue food colouring do the trick do you think, the shower gel is blue, could it be mixed in so that it turns the thief bright blue or are there other things that I could add, I am sure Astraboy could come up with some good ones, perhaps one of those cream shower gel ones and aquire a quantity of Donkey Spunk to replace the contents ?

Where do you work ?
Old 10 March 2011, 03:47 PM
brownstain85
Scooby Regular

Immac cream for the win! The disgrace of stealing someones 69 p shower gel would be enough to keep them quiet! Do it! U know u want to
Old 10 March 2011, 03:49 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
The problem with doing that is the victim will know who the shower gel belongs to and will probably start a tit for tat war out of retaliation and this could get nasty.
IMO this person already has started it.
Old 10 March 2011, 03:58 PM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

Immac and a liberal dose of "Kerplunk" !!!
Its the only way .
Old 10 March 2011, 04:13 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Whatever you do don't waste the opportunity of making a point, J4CKO. Whoever is doing this is a low life thieving scumbóllock and should be shown the error of their ways. Leaving the evidence on the floor too is just taking the proverbial.

Do you have an ex-farmer working there?
Old 10 March 2011, 04:15 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
The problem with doing that is the victim will know who the shower gel belongs to and will probably start a tit for tat war out of retaliation and this could get nasty. The simplest thing to do is to just not leave your wash bag in the changing room. Don't you have lockers in there? I mean if there are facilities to shower etc why aren't there facilities to store your stuff? What do you do with your wet towel and stinky bike clothes during the day whilst you are at work?

As fun as the retaliation seems and I for one would love to here the outcome is it really worth the hassle it could cause with a colleague?
Guys, really, this is just me venting my ire and starting a ligth hearted thread, it is good to work through the options mentally as a coping mechanism when you feel you have been wronged, lets face it, not crime of the century its just I dont like people who pilfer stuff, like I said, happy if someone is stuck for them to take some, not to nick the whole bottle, break it and not put it back. I am not however going to dye anybody, cover them in bodily fluids or make them go bald, realistically I wont do anything except perhaps a bag with a combination lock on, personally if I had been helping myself to someones stuff and it then was locked up I may feel a little guilty.

I may have got it wrong and they may just smash the lock though.
Old 10 March 2011, 04:34 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

I am not however going to dye anybody, cover them in bodily fluids or make them go bald

Old 10 March 2011, 04:36 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
ROFL!! That's brilliant!!
Old 10 March 2011, 04:37 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
Totally agree.