Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone work for Talk Talk?

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2011, 07:45 AM
Saint AAI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone work for Talk Talk?

I'm trying to ressolve an issue with them, but keep getting no where.

Basically, my phone and broadband is with them and the account is in my girlfriends name. When I bought a house last year, my girlfriend rang them and asked to change address. Everything went ok and the phone and internet got connected at the new address. We carried on getting bills and thought everything was ok, until we tried to set up an online account. It kept coming up saying our phone number was not registered at our address. So we phoned them up and this is where the problems started. The phone number they gave us is registered to someone else, when we try and call they say the number on the account is not our number and so they can not discuss it. We try and explain that that is our number and I'm even ringing from that number, at that address, but they say it's a different name and address registered with that number. When we tell them our customer reference number they say they have a temporary number assigned to our account and say that it's not been updated yet and not to worry. It had taken alot of calls and being passed around to get to that stage. I keep getting someone from another country when I ring, and although they speak good English, they don't seem to understand what I mean when I tell them the problem. Left it a couple of months then tried setting up an online account. Still same problem so phoned and after the same long process, they came back with the same answer. Months go by again. Then we get a letter saying sorry that we left Talk Talk and sorry that they had still been billing us? They included a cheque for £50 as part compensation for our bills, said we would no longer recieve any more and thanks for being a Talk Talk customer. I called again and tried to tell them this, still the same answer. Our number is registered with a different account, our account is still active, but has a temporary number assigned. Eventually got put through to someone who said there has been an error with their system and these letters and cheques have been sent to loads of people and to just ignore it. They apolgised and said it will get sorted. Now a couple of months later, I have not had a bill from Talk Talk. This is really starting to p*ss me off. My phone and internet still works fine and I have a cheque I still haven't cashed, but I'm having to chase them up all the time as I don't want to be landed with a huge bill when they realise their mistake, but evertime I ring they have no idea what I'm on about.

What would people do? Keep trying to tell them their mistake, or just give up and have free phone and broadband? Also, cash the cheque or not lol?

If there is anyone on here that works for Talk Talk that could help me resolve this I would be grateful.

Cheers, Shane. Sorry for the long post.

Last edited by Saint AAI; 08 March 2011 at 07:46 AM.
Old 08 March 2011, 09:46 AM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/

You could try posting on there
Old 08 March 2011, 01:56 PM
Saint AAI
Scooby Regular

Cheers
Old 08 March 2011, 02:13 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Talk****e are the sperm of the Devil where customer service is concerned.

If and when you can, cancel your contract and go elsewhere!
It took me 4 fruitless and frustrating years to see the light.

(Sorry, I know I haven't helped with your request...)
Old 08 March 2011, 07:40 PM
shooter007
Scooby Regular

anyone admit to this... anyone
Old 08 March 2011, 08:32 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

From past experience working for another non-BT broadband provider a few years ago, it sounds a bit like you've got a tag on your line, although from reading up about this just now that would normally mean you can't get broadband at all. What might have happened then is that Talk Talk tried and failed to get a tag removed, and opted to register you on a temporary number instead to get around the problem. This would explain why you've actually got broadband but not registered to your real number.

More about tagging here and here, and probably also worth searching 'tagged line' on the talk talk members forum linked above.