Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Northants Police give public details of a fraction of the number of crimes committed

Search this Thread

Old 03 March 2011, 11:13 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Northants Police give public details of a fraction of the number of crimes committed

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/ne...tted_1_2464694

POLICE in Northamptonshire are facing calls to increase levels of transparency after it emerged the force was only giving the public details about a fraction of the number of crimes committed across the county every day.

It has been revealed the force is only giving detailed information to residents about roughly one in every 66 crimes that are recorded across the county.

Responding to a Freedom of Information request by the Chronicle & Echo, the force revealed that during a seven-day ‘snapshot’ period, between January 28 and February 3 this year, there were 861 recorded crimes and offences across Northamptonshire.

Those included 90 thefts, 76 incidents of shoplifting and 53 thefts from vehicles.

words fail me...
Old 03 March 2011, 11:24 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Like they always used to say-looks good on paper!

Les
Old 03 March 2011, 11:27 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

I was thinking about the police today on my way to work actually. I reported a crime where I got hit by a small missile thrown by a youth whilst out cycling. The police did nothing even though I stopped and could still see the youths for a good 20 minutes after the incident.

Also, Dave's MX bike got stolen and WE had to get it back, police not even interested when we did.

I thought that I now have very little faith in the police to help me out if I needed it. I'm not saying we should have personal body guards on call to help us when we need it, but at least to send someone when a crime is committed would be a start!