Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Does anyone advertise through google?

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2011, 01:26 AM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone advertise through google?

Just wondered what kind of cost you are looking at, and if it brings in a lot of business for you?

I'm going to start a new business very shortly and need to decide on the best route for advertising.
Old 22 February 2011, 02:19 AM
JayM
Scooby Regular

There's no real answer to what it costs - you top up your account, set up a campaign, and you can set a limit on how much it can use per day/week/month etc - potentially, you could make £xxx last several months, or blow it in a day.

The amount it costs depends on the keywords you're targeting, ranging from as low as $0.01/click up to $xx per click, completely depends on the market, the keywords you pick, and whether or not you get the clicks.
Old 22 February 2011, 07:33 AM
vallumlj
Scooby Regular

Google will bring in 99% of your business imo. My wife works for yell and they are really struggling because everything can set there self up on google for nothing.

If you have a local business first thing you need to do is get on google maps that is free.

Then set up your google keywords you need between 16-20 good keywords and try to make 3-5 ads. Once you have set up your key words there is a help phone number you can use it for 90 days to get free advice they are really helpful.

I had a local computer business and i could be at the top of good under most headings and that was costing me less than a £1 a day.

Good luck