Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Fat Pikies Showing Themselves Up Again!!

Search this Thread

Old 15 February 2011, 09:03 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Fat Pikies Showing Themselves Up Again!!

CH4 NOW!
Old 15 February 2011, 09:10 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whats wrong Pete, 'bored' of the Toryworld thread already?
Old 15 February 2011, 10:01 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Taking the moral high ground for they way they are treated??

So if "country folk" protested on their campsites about the litter, intimidation and dodgy tarmac they'd react in a peaceful way?

They demand respect but afford the rest of us none. If they treated the rest of us with the same high amount of respect they show each other they wouldn't have half the problems.
Old 15 February 2011, 10:55 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

Makes you wonder why the police had a larger presence this year. Maybe something bad happened during the same event last year?
Old 15 February 2011, 10:57 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by skoobidude
Makes you wonder why the police had a larger presence this year. Maybe something bad happened during the same event last year?
They said the previous year there had been 100 arrests.

It is amazing that a group of people (particularly the girls) can make Chavs look classy!
Old 15 February 2011, 11:01 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trout

It is amazing that a group of people (particularly the girls) can make Chavs look classy!
Meh I'd double bag - especially for some of those tiddies
Old 15 February 2011, 11:08 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

Oops I didn't hear that bit. Obviously many of them let the community down.
Old 15 February 2011, 11:11 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by EddScott

So if "country folk" protested on their campsites about the litter, intimidation and dodgy tarmac they'd react in a peaceful way?

They demand respect but afford the rest of us none. If they treated the rest of us with the same high amount of respect they show each other they wouldn't have half the problems.

There is a reason people don't give them respect
Old 15 February 2011, 11:14 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I think they came accross a lot better than I had percieved them to be.
Old 16 February 2011, 08:31 AM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by j4mou
Usual case of some OK'ish ones that just want to get on and keep to themselves and others that just cause trouble and problems for everone including themselves.

Richard
Old 16 February 2011, 08:37 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

The older ones come across as quite reasonable but, they do seem to think they can do what they like and bugger what anyone else thinks.
Resentment is bound to be heavy when everyone except them has to pay rates, tax etc.
Entertaining programme. I enjoyed it
Old 16 February 2011, 09:02 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trout

+1

i was shocked at how they let their younger children dress let alone the older ones!

kept hearing the p1keys play the race card throughout the show. It does make you wonder how much trouble and damage is caused at the weddings given most pubs/clubs/hotel/venues need all the business they can get, yet still turn away p1key business!

also all the girls getting married and friends/bridesmaids had such terrible skin considering their ages...
Old 16 February 2011, 09:21 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The bit at the pub where the elder was trting to paint gypsies as law abiding, then the bloke behind pips in and asks if he called "us gypsies" law abiding and starts laughing
Old 16 February 2011, 09:27 AM
Miniman
Scooby Regular

I liked the bit about the wedding party being chucked out for a little bit of noise. We didn't get to see or hear from the venue, but you can just imagine what a load of them would be like the night before a do. I've no doubt it was a "little bit of noise".

Also laughed at the weddning dress designer who said at the beginning - they are nice honourable people who never do anything wrong, people don't understand them and their ways. Then later the mother of the bride totally lying to her about the date of the wedding!
Old 16 February 2011, 10:09 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

The thing is with the event on the show last night is that it was showing a group of travellers at one event.

If it were another even taking place with the run of the mill community members 100 arrests could still have happened under those circumstances.

Fuel 100's - 1000's of people with alcohol and 'community spirit' and of course things are no doubt going to get out of hand.

That situation was totally over intepreted to make that gathering look far worse. And to be honest, they did seem like good people. So, they had a protest, they were all quiet and polite, and a little of that goes a long way.

Look at music festivals where people are getting drunk, taking drugs, throwing up, having
sex in feilds and in general view of the public with no respect for themselves, or anyone else.
I didn't see anything like that last night, and going by the nature of their culture, I doubt it does.

Last edited by Hysteria1983; 16 February 2011 at 10:11 AM.
Old 16 February 2011, 10:27 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

The problem with the tavellers though is they tend to have a short fuse which does not do them any favours. Back in 99 my old man had to rewire a pub after it was trashed by travellers. They had been coming to the pub and spending for months without any trouble. Unfortunately one night one of the locals had an argument with one of the travellers and they were both asked to leave. The travellers took exception to this and descended on the pub a few days later and trashed it.

Of course no one mentions that they had been coming there for ages without incident, but then the travellers do themselves no favours by wrecking the place and fuffiling the pikey stereotype. And they wonder why pubs close when they turn up.
Old 16 February 2011, 10:32 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Sorry H, they are bordering on the indefensible.

Its just their brass neck attitude that they complain they get treated poorly yet through their communities own actions, being this sort of hard line on themselves.

Theres a reason the wedding guests get kicked out - theres a reason they have to hide their accent when booking the weddings - theres a reason country people have little time for their "plight"

The pub landlord was sh1tting his pants - one wrong word or mistaken phrase and his pub would have been ashes by morning.

They bring it on themselves.

And the way some of the boys are around the girls, a few of them would be up before a magistrate for sexual harassment.

Originally Posted by j4mou
Really? The series has only re-inforced my opinion of them.

No respect for us so they can whistle if they expect it from us.

Last edited by EddScott; 16 February 2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 16 February 2011, 10:33 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
The problem with the tavellers though is they tend to have a short fuse which does not do them any favours. Back in 99 my old man had to rewire a pub after it was trashed by travellers. They had been coming to the pub and spending for months without any trouble. Unfortunately one night one of the locals had an argument with one of the travellers and they were both asked to leave. The travellers took exception to this and descended on the pub a few days later and trashed it.

Of course no one mentions that they had been coming there for ages without incident, but then the travellers do themselves no favours by wrecking the place and fuffiling the pikey stereotype. And they wonder why pubs close when they turn up.
The thing is they resort to type at the drop of a hat, they have the stereotype image with good reason...Why on earth did your dad need to rewire the pub, did the p1keys nick all the wiring for scrap metal value???
Old 16 February 2011, 10:45 AM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

I agree with you.

I in no way condone their behaviour as a collective, and I totally dissagree with many aspects of their culture. Mainly the treatment of young girls and women.

However a just feel that last nights example was a poor one.

I worked on one of the most deprived and run down areas of north Wales, and sadly, the inhabitants of the local council estate were a lot worse in all aspects than the people who lived on the local 'camp site'.

I have never been prejudice towards people who live on council estates, as one example of the people on one council estate isn't really just cause to expect every person living on every council estate to live the same way.
My brother is ex army, and doing pretty well for him and his family despite living in a council property. I wouldn't put him in the same catagory as some of the people I encountered in north Wales.

We see this massive generalisation of travellers, and of course it's going to be biased, if they made a documentory about 'non travellers' I am sure they would find it very easy to make us look like a load of backwards freaks.

Sorry H, they are bordering on the indefensible.

Its just their brass neck attitude that they complain they get treated poorly yet through their communities own actions, being this sort of hard line on themselves.

Theres a reason the wedding guests get kicked out - theres a reason they have to hide their accent when booking the weddings - theres a reason country people have little time for their "plight"

The pub landlord was sh1tting his pants - one wrong word or mistaken phrase and his pub would have been ashes by morning.

They bring it on themselves.

And the way some of the boys are around the girls, a few of them would be up before a magistrate for sexual harassment.

Really? The series has only re-inforced my opinion of them.

No respect for us so they can whistle if they expect it from us.
Old 16 February 2011, 10:52 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
The thing is they resort to type at the drop of a hat, they have the stereotype image with good reason...Why on earth did your dad need to rewire the pub, did the p1keys nick all the wiring for scrap metal value???
No the place was a wreck and was due a rewire anyway, he had plenty of scrap metal and tools nicked over the years though.
Old 16 February 2011, 12:37 PM
scoobeenut
Scooby Regular

It also seemed that most of the men or husbands did not want to be filmed or identified, I wonder why that is? Why would a law abiding citizen need to hide their identity, I suppopse they would say to prevent prejudice but if that was the case why allow their wives/girlfreinds to be filmed?
Old 16 February 2011, 12:43 PM
austinwrx
Scooby Regular

look at the leeds festival a few yrs ago, place was virtually burnt to the grd.

who were the likely visitors- middle class students I would assume.
Old 16 February 2011, 12:57 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by austinwrx
look at the leeds festival a few yrs ago, place was virtually burnt to the grd.

who were the likely visitors- middle class students I would assume.
Exactly!

It's the same with the V festival by me. My friend lives across the road (literally) so he gets a free pass for the inconvenience of it all.

Every year he cannot beleive the state the place is left in, not to mention the people who think it's hilarious to wander around his estate knocking on doors in the dead of night.
Old 16 February 2011, 01:04 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

On our estate, we used to have problems with the 'travelling community', or smelly, skanky, thieving pikies, as I like to call them!
They set themselves up on a common green area that was used by children as a route to school. It was also part of my normal running route.

Friend of mine and I decided to chance it one night a ran through the area.
The amount of taunts, verbal abuse and threats that we received were so bad that the first thing I did was call the Police.
It's one thing them turning up, making an absolute mess, loads of noise and then pissing off. It's another when they effectively make a route that children use, unpassable.
When they finally left, there were 2 burnt out cars, old gas bottles, dirty nappies and all their rubbish from the 3 weeks that they were there. They also started using our local gym. They were spilling drinks all over the machines, throwing weights around and generally being very anti-social. When I spoke to the owner his words were, 'Sorry, but if I ask them to leave, you won't have a gym to come back to tomorrow.'

When the Mrs used to work at Tescos, most of the theft attempts were by travellers, that's a fact. Crime in the store went down massively when the travellers left the area.

On a seperate occassion, my Dad was locking up the gate to a small industrial estate where he had a unit. A little boy appeared (yes, a traveller) and demanded that my Dad gave him the keys. And when he said no, the little ****e said, 'Well I am going to get my Dad for you to meet!', to which he replied, 'Great, he can meet the **** off iron bar in the back of my van!'

Every single experience that I have had with the travelling community has been negitive.
So don't tell me to be diverse, unstanding or sympathic towards them. They are not a 'race', they are lazy, cheating, threatening, abusive and untrustworthy wasters.

Last edited by Gear Head; 16 February 2011 at 01:06 PM.
Old 16 February 2011, 08:13 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chrispurvis100
On our estate, we used to have problems with the 'travelling community', or smelly, skanky, thieving pikies, as I like to call them!
They set themselves up on a common green area that was used by children as a route to school. It was also part of my normal running route.

Friend of mine and I decided to chance it one night a ran through the area.
The amount of taunts, verbal abuse and threats that we received were so bad that the first thing I did was call the Police.
It's one thing them turning up, making an absolute mess, loads of noise and then pissing off. It's another when they effectively make a route that children use, unpassable.
When they finally left, there were 2 burnt out cars, old gas bottles, dirty nappies and all their rubbish from the 3 weeks that they were there. They also started using our local gym. They were spilling drinks all over the machines, throwing weights around and generally being very anti-social. When I spoke to the owner his words were, 'Sorry, but if I ask them to leave, you won't have a gym to come back to tomorrow.'

When the Mrs used to work at Tescos, most of the theft attempts were by travellers, that's a fact. Crime in the store went down massively when the travellers left the area.

On a seperate occassion, my Dad was locking up the gate to a small industrial estate where he had a unit. A little boy appeared (yes, a traveller) and demanded that my Dad gave him the keys. And when he said no, the little ****e said, 'Well I am going to get my Dad for you to meet!', to which he replied, 'Great, he can meet the **** off iron bar in the back of my van!'

Every single experience that I have had with the travelling community has been negitive.
So don't tell me to be diverse, unstanding or sympathic towards them. They are not a 'race', they are lazy, cheating, threatening, abusive and untrustworthy wasters.

Unless my encounters with them change then this is pretty much bang on my opinion too (from experience)
Old 16 February 2011, 09:14 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Yep, scumbags .... until they sort out their own backyard the 'CountryFolk' won't give them an inch ....
Old 17 February 2011, 07:55 AM
RJM25R
Scooby Regular

What makes me laugh is these people managed to mount a demonstration without any trouble, but the students who are the "future" were throwing fire extinguishers off buildings, swinging off the cenotaph and attacking the royal convoy!

Who are the lawless scum again?
Old 17 February 2011, 08:52 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

They would have kicked off had the Police treated them as they did the Students!

Let's keep it in context here, they were protesting because the Police were arresting them for being anti-social!!!
Old 17 February 2011, 09:07 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Id just like to know how and why the gypsy community , which started off in eastern europe , would settle on Ireland .

How can they justify having their kids in school when they dont pay any tax ?
Old 17 February 2011, 09:11 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Id just like to know how and why the gypsy community , which started off in eastern europe , would settle on Ireland .

How can they justify having their kids in school when they dont pay any tax ?
Because 'we' are seen as mugs and to be taken advantage of, that's why!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ildren-50.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...referrer=yahoo

Last edited by The Zohan; 17 February 2011 at 09:15 AM.

Quick Reply: Fat Pikies Showing Themselves Up Again!!