Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

UK Border Force.

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2011, 01:57 PM
TurboAndy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK Border Force.

Just been watching UK Border Force. What a joke!

They catch illegal immigrants but as they cant deport them back to there country of origin there and then they let them go but they have to report back BUT oh they have disappeared never to bee seen again.

WTF is it with this soft sh!tty country we live in. You catch them you keep bloody hold of them. Makes my blood boil.

Yet when you watch the Australian Border Force they take no **** and if there is any doubt they pack you back off from where you came from.
Old 05 February 2011, 02:21 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by TurboAndy

They catch illegal immigrants but as they cant deport them back to there country of origin there and then they let them go but they have to report back BUT oh they have disappeared never to bee seen again.

WTF is it with this soft sh!tty country we live in. You catch them you keep bloody hold of them. Makes my blood boil.

Yet when you watch the Australian Border Force they take no **** and if there is any doubt they pack you back off from where you came from.
This always puzzles me. How Australia can have illegals shipped out, within 24 hours. Our lot are useless compared to them.
Old 05 February 2011, 02:33 PM
TurboAndy
Scooby Regular

European courts of human right mate.
Old 05 February 2011, 02:52 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

The whole human rights thing is a seriously double-edge sword and it's being abused. There are some cases where it's doing the right thing, but for the most part, the people protecting it should be sent back.

A boat load of Sri Lankan's turned up in Canada a short while ago and alas they could not turn them back, so they are being looked after and will be given assistance to find jobs, housing, etc, all at tax payers expense. Meanwhile, you have people who want to legitimately enter Canada to work and live, and they have to jump through a lot of complicated hoops to get here, they don't get given it on a silver platter.

Ah, but Sri Lanka is a war torn nasty place, so human rights dictate we have to be nice to them. Hmm, so how come a lot of the Sri Lankan people in Toronto are going back home for a holiday if it's so bad? Some even go back to the same cities, towns and villages that the boat people came from. Oh, they've got to be the rich ones, nope, just your normal people.

I have to say the Aussie's have the right idea when it comes to immigration, you don't get in if we don't want you to. Oh the bleeding hearts when ships of people are baking in the sun off the coast. Sorry, tough, want in, use the legal route. Harsh, but fair I think.
Old 05 February 2011, 04:43 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I suspect its eu bollocks , believe me they can be pretty bloody nasty to somebody with a refugee passport whos not towed the line to the letter going / coming from uk .

In fact , and i can believe it , theyre trained to be rude/ aggressive
Old 05 February 2011, 05:14 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

The asylum thing always gets to me too. First county you enter outside of your own and you manage to get to the UK, an island and thus not landlocked prior to any other country. We all know it is because the UK is seen and is a soft touch

Trending Topics

Old 05 February 2011, 06:17 PM
TurboAndy
Scooby Regular

Couldnt agree more Markus. I dont understand when they catch someone who is all ready an illegal immigrant who is all ready in this country that they cant hold them till they can get them on the next flight or boat out of hear.

Same when someone is trying to get into our country why we give them enough time to appeal against it quicker than we can send them back.

How ever they got in whether its by boat, plain or train or lorry it should be those companys that should be made to pay a huge fine like Dave said and I mean a HUGE fine.
Old 06 February 2011, 12:58 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Time that our so called leaders stood up for us and our country.

Les
Old 06 February 2011, 01:16 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if the uk was not in the euro, how bad/good would thing be?
Old 06 February 2011, 01:21 PM
Frosticles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Time that our so called leaders stood up for us and our country.

Les
Yeah, Righto. They are just lap dogs to Brussels.
Old 06 February 2011, 09:49 PM
Daryl
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by hutton_d
if they, and the ferry/place companies were made liable
They are liable and they do get fined...
Old 06 February 2011, 09:52 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

camoscoob is the guy to ask as he is one official
Old 06 February 2011, 10:51 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Daryl
They are liable and they do get fined...
I'm pretty sure that's not the case. The only fine system ithat I'm aware of is the £2k ones imposed on truck drivers if they're found with illegals in the back, which was introduced by nu-labour 5 or 10 years ago. I've never heard of fines for ferry operators or anyone else.

The only thing I can't remember is if the £2k fines are per truck or per illegal.
Old 07 February 2011, 07:02 AM
Daryl
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by markjmd
I'm pretty sure that's not the case. The only fine system ithat I'm aware of is the £2k ones imposed on truck drivers if they're found with illegals in the back, which was introduced by nu-labour 5 or 10 years ago. I've never heard of fines for ferry operators or anyone else.

The only thing I can't remember is if the £2k fines are per truck or per illegal.
Civil penalties can be imposed on lorry drivers (or the company), with a maximum amount of £2000 for each clandestine.

Ferry companies have a legal duty to ensure that all passengers are properly documented upon arrival in the UK and can also be fined if they fail to comply.
Old 15 February 2011, 07:06 PM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nick schofield
camoscoob is the guy to ask as he is one official
Cheers ******
Old 15 February 2011, 07:23 PM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TurboAndy

I agree, the programme makes me (and others I work with) cringe everytime it is aired. I must first make it clear that when abroad and attempting to enter the country illegally they are classed as 'asylum seekers.' If they later manage to enter the country and their asylum claim is supported and then approved, they are given status as political refugees.

'Illegal immigrants' are individuals who have made no representation to the UK government upon their arrival and are therefore illegal immigrants. For further reference its important to have these terms defined.

In these cases, the reason an individual would not apply for asylum is that they have no means of supporting/proving their claim. They also never carry (or do not own) documentation establishing their nationality and identity.

It is therefore very difficult to deport individuals as which country would accept them?

Can't quite see what the problem here is with most of the b"ggers they catch. I mean most of them are caught after coming in from France or Holland (say) on a ferry. So, as "asylum" seekers have to seek asylum in the first safe country they come to just ship them back on the next ferry and fine the ferry company for every one caught. Same with planes. Check the documents of, and fingerprint, every non-Brit coming into the UK as they get off the plane, rather than after mingling with thousands of others, then you know where they've come from.

But that would mean spending government money on something useful .....

Dave
You are right. Most asylum seekers pass through (on average 9 safe countries before the UK and if it can be proven they have visited or resided in any of these countries they can (and are) removed.

Every documented passenger is checked entering the country and those that have no adequate identification or attempt to use deception to gain entry are refused.

Yep. Bet if they, and the ferry/place companies were made liable, then the number of illegals reaching the UK would fall to about zero! Amazing what market forces can do .....

Dave
Travel and freight companies are held vicariously liable and are subject to penalties if found to be carrying clandestines.
Old 15 February 2011, 07:31 PM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

Really? Obviously not enough then ....

The other thing the "border force" should do is search EVERY vehicle that lands in the UK via ferry. Every car, lorry, van etc. It would cause chaos but it would also ensure that the ferry companies would put more security on the start of the trip to make sure no-one was carrying "illegals". Keep that up for a few months and you could then relax the regime somewhat but put it back into place at random intervals to make sure no-one took their eye off the ball!

Dave
This is impossible.

Its not ferry companies that are accountable; the freight transport companies are responsible for ensuring their trailers are adequately protected.

Originally Posted by markjmd

This is correct. A driver, haulier and owner can all be fined £2k if the measures taken to secure the trailer were deemed to be inadequate.

Originally Posted by Daryl
Civil penalties can be imposed on lorry drivers (or the company), with a maximum amount of £2000 for each clandestine.

Ferry companies have a legal duty to ensure that all passengers are properly documented upon arrival in the UK and can also be fined if they fail to comply.
As above

In addition if the government changed many of its policies including the 'benefits' situation, then it would be less lucrative for people to come here illegally. However because so many people have family members already settled here, it is no longer just a financial motivation........

And breathe................................
Old 15 February 2011, 11:01 PM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUuW_VCWqpI
Old 16 February 2011, 12:20 AM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by skoobidude

Saw this on BBC 1, needless to say it went down well in the office
Old 19 February 2011, 08:27 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Why can't these immigration officers stick a pipe emitting chlorine gas in the back of every lorry, as log as there is nothing living in there nothing should be harmed by the gas.
Old 19 February 2011, 09:20 AM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

Why? Because it would cause big queues? That's the idea. The ferry/freight companies would then make sure that there was no way they could sneak illegals in. As I said in the first post, search everything to start, then cut right back but with random 'search everything' days.

Dave
Huge queues would be the by-product if it were possible. The government is axing jobs left, right and centre and reducing our budget significantly meaning some shifts are often run with 'skeleton crews.' There are physically not enough staff to search every freight and passenger vehicle entering the country.

To make a statement like the one above you cannot be aware of just how much traffic travels to and enters the UK on a daily basis. As for your 'search everything and cut back' solution, this would be great if the asylum seekers would be kind enough to only try and evade the controls on the days you are 'searching everything.'

The only solution to the illegal immigration problem is, as I have said in previous posts, a massive review and overhaul of the benefits system and perhaps more stringent requirements to be granted asylum thus making it less lucrative for people to come here but again, as I have said in previous posts, people will still try as many have established family members here.
Old 19 February 2011, 09:25 AM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Why can't these immigration officers stick a pipe emitting chlorine gas in the back of every lorry, as log as there is nothing living in there nothing should be harmed by the gas.
Im quite sure there are about 50 laws preventing us from doing this lol

I have heard stories of the French PAF tossing tear gas into the backs of lorries to remove stubborn clandestines but they are French and can do pretty much what they want
Old 19 February 2011, 09:31 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

There were enough warnings about the bad side of the ECHR before we were a part of it but Billy Liar signed up to it nevertheless. Yet another way of getting "feet under the table" with the rest of the plonkers in charge.

Les
Old 19 February 2011, 09:42 AM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
There were enough warnings about the bad side of the ECHR before we were a part of it but Billy Liar signed up to it nevertheless. Yet another way of getting "feet under the table" with the rest of the plonkers in charge.

Les
I agree Les. The Human Rights Act is destroying the moral fibre of the country, making a mockery of the justice system and should be ousted as soon as possibe, hoping that common sense will once again prevail
Old 19 February 2011, 10:06 AM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

[quote=hutton_d;9890166]This is where you're not thinking outside of what is happening now. Obviously to do what I suggest needs manpower, but if it was put into operation it implies that the authorities have had a change of "emphasis" and would ensure the manpower was available.

It's a no brainer that if there were sufficient staff to search every vehicle then illegal immigration would be reduced to the point of eradication. This however, is a governmental budget issue and not a failure on behalf of the United Kingdom Border Agency.

Quick Reply: UK Border Force.