Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone got a Nokia C3 Touch and Type?

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2011, 11:15 AM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Anyone got a Nokia C3 Touch and Type?

...preferably from Orange!

I need to upgrade my phone and this seems perfect (the Nokia X3 Touch and Type is a little too small) but there are a couple of things that i want to check that aren't clear in the specifications.

How does the screen-lock button work? I have read in a few reviews that it is rather fiddly, and as i probably won't be using a case i want to avoid accidental dialling.

Does it save sent text messages? Again, i read that this is (was) a bug, and the Sent folder doesn't get populated.

Also, any other comments, good or bad, about the phone!

advTHANKSance,

cheers,

mb
Old 06 February 2011, 02:53 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Bump - 'cos you can't all be Androids or fondle-slabs

mb
Old 06 February 2011, 03:16 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Take the response as a clue and pick again.
Old 07 February 2011, 11:55 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Wife looked into it as she likes a keypad not all touch, did a bit of digging around the net and she's now giving it a wide berth!
Old 07 February 2011, 12:03 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by ScoobyJawa
Wife looked into it as she likes a keypad not all touch, did a bit of digging around the net and she's now giving it a wide berth!
Why? What was wrong with it?

mb
Old 07 February 2011, 12:21 PM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't see much negativity about it on the net?? A quick google shows largely positive reviews. If you just want a simple feature phone and aren't an intensive web user, I'm sure it'd do quite nicely. I've used the X3 and I think the touch screen is a great addition to the regular keypad.
Old 07 February 2011, 04:50 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

She just said that there were reports that the touchscreen wasn't very responsive, which makes having touch a bit pointless....

Trending Topics

Old 26 February 2011, 03:22 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Well i bought one yesterday and so far i am perfectly happy

The screen-lock button activates the touch-screen display to which you click the "unlock" button to, er, unlock the phone - so no problems there. You can also press the "End Call" button to initiate an un-lock, which i think isn't too clever because it means that two front presses can unlock the phone, rather than a side and front - but i'll have to perform a long term pocket-test to see if this really is a problem.

Sent text messages do get saved, so no worries there.

The touchscreen isn't very responsive because, er, it isn't trying to be a smartphone. I made the initial mistake of treating it like my (business) HTC Desire, but the C3 is simply trying to be simple and functional - not some high-def, retinal display, touchy-strokey fondle-slab. Treat the display like a soft selection of buttons and not a clitoris and you will have no problems

It is a compact and slim phone, but very usable having a real keypad - the touch and type just adds more functionality.

It is a shame that it doesn't come with a USB cable (for charging as well as data transfer) but even at £110 it is less than a quarter of the price of an (out of contract) HTC (and slimmer to boot )

No idea about battery life yet, but just lost one bar (out of four) in the first day with bluetooth turned on - but that is the first ever charge. It probably won't reach the 21 days standby that is claimed, but as i will probably just be on 2G then it should easily last a week (even with BT on).

Even the charger is quite neat, with the "Earth" on the plug being retractable so that it is far slimmer than the usual UK 3-pin affair

Just gotta find a decent case, a cheap Micro-SD and some USB cables.

Cheers,

mb