Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

YOUR VIEWS ON SPIRITUALIST MEDIUMS...???

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2011, 11:05 AM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Exclamation YOUR VIEWS ON SPIRITUALIST MEDIUMS...???

As title, what are your opinions of said people e.g. Derek Acorah, etc...?
Old 05 February 2011, 11:07 AM
andys
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Con man
Old 05 February 2011, 11:12 AM
Rescue Dude
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andys
Con man
+1.
Old 05 February 2011, 11:20 AM
Will
BANNED

I think Derek Akora needs to see a shrink to be honest. I mean, how many grown up men have imaginary friends called Sam?

"You what Sam"

Old 05 February 2011, 11:55 AM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

I find it hilarious when he (and that MH new fat replacement mort) become, ahem, 'possessed'. The sh1tness!

Last edited by joz8968; 05 February 2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05 February 2011, 12:05 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by joz8968
As title, what are your opinions of said people e.g. Derek Acorah, etc...?
People are suckers.
Old 05 February 2011, 12:11 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

They don't annoy me as much as supposed healers. Those who con people, give them hope, perhaps take money that they don't have and worse of all stop people taking more traditional routes for a cure.

Trending Topics

Old 05 February 2011, 12:12 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

I was watching this fat tw@ on a ****ty program my missus watches.

And she was clearly bull****ting and picking audiences and trying her best to make them upset.

Mother in law beleive's in all the crap, does my head in
Old 05 February 2011, 12:19 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by boxst
They don't annoy me as much as supposed healers. Those who con people, give them hope, perhaps take money that they don't have and worse of all stop people taking more traditional routes for a cure.
+1-and-a-half

How do those feckin' scavangers sleep at night?! ...... Probably very well actually, in their mansions.
Old 05 February 2011, 12:42 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

There is a long history of fiddling going on with these spiritualists but also there are instances of people being adversely mentally affected by all the spiritualism business.

Best idea is to give it a miss in my opinion.

Les
Old 05 February 2011, 12:53 PM
scunnered
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I see them mearly as entertainers.
It's their job to entertain the gullible and get paid loads of money for it.
As I see it, if you believe in all that rubbish, then you deserve to be fleeced by them.
Old 05 February 2011, 02:01 PM
bugeyejohn
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Weve got a crystal healing centre not far from here its all a bit of a racket looks like a doctor and his wife got taken for £800,000,however the press got there priorities right they did all there enquires in the local pup NEVER TRUST A HIPPY btw Derek acorah started of as a Liverpool Fc player but he didnt see the sack coming because he was c5ap

Last edited by bugeyejohn; 05 February 2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 05 February 2011, 02:15 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Every single one talks bullsh*t in the extreme. Simple con artists as stated above

TX.

Last edited by Terminator X; 05 February 2011 at 02:16 PM.
Old 05 February 2011, 02:20 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Spiritualist Mediums are bullsh!t IMO. I watched some of Psychic Sally episodes to find at least something to satisfy my questioning mind. I remain doubtful.

There are various arguments that the believers would put forward. One friend (who is a believer) provides a curiosity generating argument in favour that one's ego has to be broken down in order to experience something like that. He was once in a long term relationship with a clairvoyant/Medium woman. He also says that at night time, when he started to share bed with her, he used to hear a whisper in his ear "Antony! You need to be with Antonia! This is your fate! You have come to the right place." It certainly wasn't her in person, because she was fast asleep right next to him. He thought that it was some supernatural activity, guiding him to be with this superwoman. Now, after a few years of finishing off that painful reationship (he says that she bled him dry financially) he himself says that it was a hoax. He reckons that he was manipulated. Perhaps there was a recording on timer hidden inside his pillow. I don't know.

I was bragged about a clairvoyant/medium person, so I went to test her last year. Very nice lady indeed. But, what she was really doing was a personality reading with throwing arrows in complete and utter dark. I didn't ask her to invoke any spirit for me, but whatever she did was very airy-fairy, nothing credulous.

I take great interest in archaic imprints and collective unconscious that Jung's theories involve, but I do not believe the cr@p that these psychics and mediums on telly or otherwise come out with. I grew up with all that in India, I have seen what a load of cack it all is.
Old 05 February 2011, 02:22 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by Terminator X
Every single one talks bullsh*t in the extreme. Simple con artists as stated above

TX.
Derek Acorah (sp??) needs an oscar for his acting skills. He cracks me up when he supposedly gets taken over by the spirits
Old 05 February 2011, 03:04 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

They are cynical exploiters of the grief of vulnerable people. Charlatans, liars and thieves, the lot of them.
Old 05 February 2011, 03:42 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
They are cynical exploiters of the grief of vulnerable people. Charlatans, liars and thieves, the lot of them.

Bang on nail.

A 65+ person I know took retirement after a very stressful time in her lecturing career, and started to focus upon looking after her physical and emotional self. She started to do exercises to get fit, her clothes size dropped from 26 to 16. She even booked a cruise for herself for the first time in her life! On her cruise, she fell for a waiter half her age, and got all messed up in her head about it. So, on her return, she went to a clairvoyant. She continues to go to that clairvoyant and tells "Oh, the clairvoyant had already predicted that I was to meet a man on the boat!", "She said that its a marriage of souls.", "The clairvoyant says that I am like a child !", " The clairvoyant says that I will eventually hear from that bumfluff one day." etc.

FFS, even I could tell her that she was always like a bleddy child, and even regressed more once she had hit the couch after her retirement. Her exercises are causing her endorphines to release, giving her a different outlook to the world. I could also tell her that if this toyboy from the boat can't be @rsed to answer her letter, he is not interested, and she needs to stop hoping against hope. People have holiday romances, its a common ocuring, nothing new. Just forget it and move on. Some people!
Old 05 February 2011, 07:40 PM
Will
BANNED

Originally Posted by Lee247
Derek Acorah (sp??) needs an oscar for his acting skills. He cracks me up when he supposedly gets taken over by the spirits
Did you see the one where he was 'possesd' by a ghost, and shouted out:

"Mary loves dick, Mary loves dick, mary loves dick"

Even Yvette Fielding couldn't keep a straight face

Search for Derek Akorah Mary loves dick on YouTube, I'm sure it's still on there
Old 05 February 2011, 07:43 PM
Will
BANNED

And the only spirits Akorah gets taken over by is Vodka and Whiskey
Old 05 February 2011, 07:47 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scunnered
I see them mearly as entertainers.
It's their job to entertain the gullible and get paid loads of money for it.
As I see it, if you believe in all that rubbish, then you deserve to be fleeced by them.
Agreed.
Old 05 February 2011, 08:20 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

My girlfriends Sekuru is a bit of medium / witchdoctor . Hes done particularly well lately in as much as he foretold a families young son would recover from a bout of cancer ( as far as i can ascertain ) , for which he was remunerated with an oxen - bloody difficult to get home to village on the bus !
Old 05 February 2011, 08:48 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

I rate them one step up the foodchain from politicians and on a par with pikeys.
Old 05 February 2011, 10:36 PM
The Seer
Scooby Regular

There's alot of fakes out there, but there's also truth with some. I don't think your gonna find much argument for spiritualist mediums on a car forum John.
Old 05 February 2011, 10:43 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Angry

Originally Posted by The Seer
There's alot of fakes out there, but there's also truth with some. I don't think your gonna find much argument for spiritualist mediums on a car forum John.
No you are wrong, they should ALL be classed with the paedophiles..

They prey on people who are stupid, retarded or what's worse desperate.
Old 05 February 2011, 10:44 PM
PaulC72
Scooby Regular

These people prey on the weak and are bull**** merchants, some people will believe anything they are told.
Old 05 February 2011, 10:46 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Seer
Do you have any examples or real stories to support the truth with some, The Seer? Please enlighten us in this car forum. Even when most here may not believe any of what you present, it will be interesting to know. Thanks.
Old 05 February 2011, 10:50 PM
claire6069
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by what would scooby do
No you are wrong, they should ALL be classed with the paedophiles..

They prey on people who are stupid, retarded or what's worse desperate.
i think this is a bit of a strong statement, my dad was killed on his way to work one day by a woman driving on the wrong side of road with her head below the dashboard, he was on his motorbike coming round a corner and didnt stand a chance.

i was 21 when he died with a 4 month old son, a distraught mother, a full time job and an alcoholic abusive partner. my dad meant the absolute world to me and i went to see a medium a month after he died, it gave me alot of comfort and helped ease my pain that i thought he was 'on the other side'. some of the things she came out with were very odd and there is no way she could of known them but i guess they have ways and means of getting their info.

my point is, in times of grief and loneliness they do provide a strange kind of 'service' to ease things.............3 1/2 years on now and i do still cry about him sometimes but its easier to think of him as on a holiday, my mother on the otherhand has gone totally into this stuff, she sees mediums and tarot card readers too much and lives her life by it............it does worry me but it helps her cope with being alone so theres no harm in it really.
Old 05 February 2011, 10:55 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

id say theres no harm in it as long as they take a measured proportion of your income
Old 05 February 2011, 10:55 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by claire6069
i think this is a bit of a strong statement, my dad was killed on his way to work one day by a woman driving on the wrong side of road with her head below the dashboard, he was on his motorbike coming round a corner and didnt stand a chance.

i was 21 when he died with a 4 month old son, a distraught mother, a full time job and an alcoholic abusive partner. my dad meant the absolute world to me and i went to see a medium a month after he died, it gave me alot of comfort and helped ease my pain that i thought he was 'on the other side'. some of the things she came out with were very odd and there is no way she could of known them but i guess they have ways and means of getting their info.

my point is, in times of grief and loneliness they do provide a strange kind of 'service' to ease things.............3 1/2 years on now and i do still cry about him sometimes but its easier to think of him as on a holiday, my mother on the otherhand has gone totally into this stuff, she sees mediums and tarot card readers too much and lives her life by it............it does worry me but it helps her cope with being alone so theres no harm in it really.
Case proven.
Old 05 February 2011, 10:59 PM
bugeyejohn
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
id say theres no harm in it as long as they take a measured proportion of your income

Quick Reply: YOUR VIEWS ON SPIRITUALIST MEDIUMS...???