Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

bring the CANE back in school

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2011, 01:21 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bring the CANE back in school

Our company administrator was assaulted on the bus today by school kids. They started throwing chips at people at the bus no one reacted. And they threw one on her she replied can you stop that please, the kids shouted out it wasn’t us. 1 minutes later a piece of chicken she stood up and said can you please stop and then two minutes later a can of coke so she stood up and she confronted them they all stood up and they were ready to attack her she got off the bus came in to work with coke all over her.

These kids really need a beating or sent to the army or something. Kids are getting worse my generation the worse we did was knock down ginger and maybe a few other things. All this time out doesn’t work some kids out there can seriously do with a good beating so straighten them out.
Old 21 January 2011, 01:29 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Agreed. Something needs to be done. The bus should have CCTV though.
Old 21 January 2011, 01:40 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There has to be discipline.
I was disciplined by my parents and by my teachers
Cane in primary school, strap in high school.

My children were both disciplined, this included getting a wack if need be - even though the authorities say you are not allowed to.

They remember the wack though, because it hurt - and are not inclined to want another one.

As regards to bus CCTV - yeah, most will have this
Report it
For example, my daughters school take great pride in the school badge and its in the code of conduct that it must not be brought into disrespect.

Last edited by urban; 21 January 2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old 21 January 2011, 01:56 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

what will the police do? they shouted some abuse at her threw coke and food at her. they school kids the police wont even turn up.

we should do a pole and see whos up for beating the crap out of the little ******* lol
every genaration seems to get worse.
Old 21 January 2011, 02:03 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mus
what will the police do? they shouted some abuse at her threw coke and food at her. they school kids the police wont even turn up.

we should do a pole and see whos up for beating the crap out of the little ******* lol
every genaration seems to get worse.

Add me to the list

1. Swiss

Had the cane at my school, tennis shoe, various books you name it, never did me any harm
Old 21 January 2011, 02:03 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

When Mr Burrows, Professor Attewell or Dr Bowden walked into the class room we stopped talking, stood up and waited until instructed to "be seated please, gentlemen". These men never resorted to physical violence to earn our respect and our parents supported them and their work.

Last edited by JTaylor; 21 January 2011 at 02:04 PM.
Old 21 January 2011, 02:05 PM
brownstain85
Scooby Regular

The mentality of kids today wouldn't allow the cane, they'd just kick off and walk out of class, if my teacher ever went to hit me with a cane id have wrapped it round his head, national service should be brought back, it's the only way imho
Old 21 January 2011, 02:25 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

beat the **** outta them first, ask questions later. scummy wee *****.
Old 21 January 2011, 02:27 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigsinky
I wonder what sort of attitude their parents have.

Last edited by JTaylor; 21 January 2011 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Typo.
Old 21 January 2011, 02:31 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bigsinky
Problem with that is you run the risk of being shot or stabbed!
Old 21 January 2011, 02:33 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It would never work in todays climate. White teacher hits Asian pupil with cane the media would scream racism, Reverse the situation and the media would be screaming sharia law has come to our schools.
Old 21 January 2011, 02:40 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonc
Problem with that is you run the risk of being shot or stabbed!
Or teaching them that violence is the answer rather than good parenting, good education and social responsibility.
Old 21 January 2011, 02:46 PM
smokingkills
Scooby Regular

I couldn't allow anyone to discipline my kids in this fashion, it would make my blood boil.
Old 21 January 2011, 03:07 PM
Frosticles
Scooby Regular

No deterrent for them these days. They can do what they like and no one can touch them. ALL wrong. PC do-gooders want shooting!
Old 21 January 2011, 03:20 PM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

So many true comments on this thread already!

I'm posting this sat in my classroom after a hard couple of periods this afternoon with bottom set Y10 students. Today, one girl walked in late and kicked off about me simply asking her to remove her scarf. Throughout the lesson she was on her phone and when I told her to stop she denied it. That's what some kids today are like. If I phone home then I'd guarantee that her parents wouldn't give a crap and to me, that's where the problem lies. If they don't respect their parents they won't respect anyone else.

If we were allowed to use the cane then I honestly think they would hit back.
Old 21 January 2011, 03:29 PM
TurboAndy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Frosticles
No deterrent for them these days. They can do what they like and no one can touch them. ALL wrong. PC do-gooders want shooting!
Couldnt agree with you more.
Old 21 January 2011, 03:43 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by brownstain85
The mentality of kids today wouldn't allow the cane, they'd just kick off and walk out of class, if my teacher ever went to hit me with a cane id have wrapped it round his head, national service should be brought back, it's the only way imho
As much as I want to agree with you on the national service thing I just can't. I used to think the same but if these kids do not want to be there they will be stroppy, stubbon and go out of their way to be uncooperative, and frankly I wouldn't want someone like that with a real weapon and live rounds in my section, and certainly wouldn't want to have to rely on them in a combat situation. They will probably just hide or run away.

PC has hit the army aswell, when I was in we used to get beasted to buggery, marched round the barracks at double time and generally treated like **** if you were unfortunate enough to be a guest at the RSMs hotel.

By teh time I got out we were not allowed to beast the prisoners, we were not allowed to double march them to the mess hall etc and all PT was done in trainers and not boots.

Just cast your mind back to the show Bad lads army and you will see what it would be like if we brought back NS.

Gobbing off to NCOs etc and there is nothing they can do about it apart from lock you up. Do summat bad and get court martialed, do some porridge in the guard room then get dishonourably discharged which is what they wanted in the first place so it was all a waste of time and money. Then go back to your mates and gloat about how even the army couldn't handle you.

The other option is for the NCOs to give them a private beating but then the snot nose punk bleats to a lawyer and gets compensation, discharged and goes home gloating to his mates. The NCOs get busted and life returns to ratsh1t.

Last edited by Wurzel; 21 January 2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 21 January 2011, 03:49 PM
smokingkills
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
If my son did something that meant he got the cane then so be it. He'd then get a good r*llocking when he got home which would probably be worse.

Dave
Maybe it's because I have never needed to smack/hit/cane my daughter & if anyone else did there would be hell to pay. Fortunately I have always been able to reason with her & had her respect for it.

I remember on many many occasions been canned at boarding school, for things like talking after the dorm lights were turned out. Having to wait outside the headmasters office for a hours at a time to collect the punishment was the worst part. Teachers back in those days used this as a first resort & not a last resort & I wouldn't trust a teacher's judgement now to carry out this only when deserved. I do however agree that something needs to be done about the current generation of disrespectful kids. I fear that canning is not the answer & is open to abuse.
Old 21 January 2011, 04:01 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mus
Public Order Act. Minimum of Disorderly behaviour (Section 5).
Old 21 January 2011, 04:12 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kingofturds
It would never work in todays climate. White teacher hits Asian pupil with cane the media would scream racism, Reverse the situation and the media would be screaming sharia law has come to our schools.
Yeah, we'll there is that to a degree.

However this is the UK and if the school rules state that you get canned/strapped as punishment then thats it.

Afterall we would have to abide by another countries etiquette if we lived there.

The only thing I'd say is that the cane and strap were used a bit too much when I was at school.
Having said that - I'm a law abiding good citizen, never been in trouble with police etc etc
Maybe it was a good balance after all?

I can remember being knee'd in the leg in primary school and punched on the arm.
I had chaulk thrown at me
The blackboard duster thrown at me
Was hit over the knuckles with a ruler
And canned.
Old 21 January 2011, 04:20 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

I read so many anti-police, anti-government, anti-school threads on here I wonder how much of that sentiment rubs off on the kids. When the kids subsequently fail to learn to respect authority the parents blame the authority.
Old 21 January 2011, 04:43 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Wurzel
As much as I want to agree with you on the national service thing I just can't. I used to think the same but if these kids do not want to be there they will be stroppy, stubbon and go out of their way to be uncooperative, and frankly I wouldn't want someone like that with a real weapon and live rounds in my section, and certainly wouldn't want to have to rely on them in a combat situation.

I think the Army would knock that out of them.
Old 21 January 2011, 04:53 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
Public Order Act. Minimum of Disorderly behaviour (Section 5).
what would that do? would they go court? and then sentto a detintion centre where they will mix with kids just as bad come out and become worse then end up in and out of prison...
Old 21 January 2011, 04:59 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

kids the think is cool to use guns and knifed then send ten in the army no choice and let's see if they still think it's cool.

the parents are the route of the problem, and something needs to be done about these kids as gang violence is getting much worse. shooting and stabbings have increased. I don't even need to see the statistics as I see sign posts every everywhere or flowers.

if the cane is introduced then it needs to start for the even younger generation as they are the future. current teenagers have too much attitude and they'll proberly smack the teacher back.
Old 21 January 2011, 05:07 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Wurzel

Gobbing off to NCOs etc and there is nothing they can do about it apart from lock you up. Do summat bad and get court martialed, do some porridge in the guard room then get dishonourably discharged which is what they wanted in the first place so it was all a waste of time and money. Then go back to your mates and gloat about how even the army couldn't handle you.

The other option is for the NCOs to give them a private beating but then the snot nose punk bleats to a lawyer and gets compensation, discharged and goes home gloating to his mates. The NCOs get busted and life returns to ratsh1t.
I've often advocated the return of national service but I hadn't thought the consequences through like the above.

One incentive to stick it out would be to offer preferential treatment of say mortgages or jobs or something to keep them in (license to breed would be a good one) with failure to complete your standard term being seen as a stigma rather than a badge of honour.
Old 21 January 2011, 06:11 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Me and my band were canned once at the Performance bike Frenzy at Cadwell Park. It was only one or two, though, unlike the Agincourt of cans and bottles that greeted the support bands and special guest "Mr Methane".
Old 21 January 2011, 06:14 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Common sense wouldn't go amiss. Not just in schools but everywhere. No longer does a punishment fit a crime.

In my local town there was a graffiti artist who painted Supermario on many walls trying to make the town into a computer game, it has cost the council £10,000s. When he was caught he was given...a warning!
Solution; make him either clean everywhere or pay for someone else to do it not the tax money of the public.

Similar issue with motoring offenses. Non licence holders who are highly likely to injure someone get a £200 fine and a ban??? Speeders get £60 fine which realistically turns into £600 odd quid by the time they have paid the insurance premium over 5 years. All for straying a few MPH over the limit.

If a student gets a detention they do nothing but get bored in a classroom for a while. Make them pick up litter and clean the classrooms that they have trashed and stuck chewing gum to under the tables instead of getting cleaners in and they may learn about consequences for their actions and the implications of what they do. Chances are they wont be happy the next time a classmate sticks their chewing gum under a desk and they may treat the place with more respect.
Old 21 January 2011, 06:34 PM
TurboAndy
Scooby Regular

When I was at school and did something i shouldnt of by fvck you got into trouble for it plus depending how bad it was what I had done I would getmy dads slipper accross my ****.

Safe to say I never did it again and had alot more respect for people and the belongings.

This is where we have gone wrong in todays world. People can do what they want and eather get away with or get a little telling off and a slap on the wrist.

There was a thread on here about people caught with no driving licence. insurance and tax. They get stopped, car is taken to the crusher and they have to pay £200 if they have to pay anything. They then go out the next day buy an old bannger and do it all over again.

Prison is too easy, it sholud be like it was 50years ago, no sky tv, no getting paid to work etc. Prison should be like HELL. It just might make people think more before they brake the law.
Bottom line there is no deterrent these days.
Old 21 January 2011, 09:30 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TurboAndy
Bottom line
Yes, you'd definitely end up with a few of those.

Quick Reply: bring the CANE back in school