Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

You Can't get Better............................

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2011, 12:34 PM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default You Can't get Better............................

Than a Quick Fit Fitter
Someones in big trouble, and it doesn't do anything for the reputation of KWIK FIT

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...sche-spin.html
Old 21 January 2011, 12:44 PM
Camoscooby
Scooby Regular

Poor lad

Those Kwik-Fit monkeys should hang for their stupidity

On a sidenote, what is the driver of a £70k Porsche taking it to Kwik-Fit for?
Old 21 January 2011, 12:56 PM
Jaybird-UK
Scooby Regular

If he's a fleet driver he wont have much choice where he takes it
Old 21 January 2011, 01:04 PM
Dr Hu
Scooby Regular

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

it doesn't do anything for the reputation of KWIK FIT
I think we all know the reputation Quik Fit have already....... feckin shat

Poor Lad tho....
Old 21 January 2011, 01:18 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone can have an accident but two grinning loons in a borrowed sports car, they will have been spanking it like mad, they killed someones little boy and they need to go to prison, if I was the boys dad I would make sure they paid once the came out as well.

Not entirely Quik fits fault, apart from not making it clear that their monkeys dont drive customer cars, all they ever need to do is move them on the premises, I wont go there anyway based on all the stories I hear, this doesnt help, even if they hadnt killed the child they still would have been guilty of taking without owners consent, morally, if not legally.
Old 21 January 2011, 01:21 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I can always remember seeing my vectra 2.5 sri go whizzing past me when I was returning from town to collect it a few years back, apparently they were testing the brakes

rip little man
Old 21 January 2011, 01:33 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Rotten apples in every barrel. My tame QF guy is the most careful tyre fitter/mechanic I've known he hasn't marked any of my wheels ever.

dunx
Old 21 January 2011, 01:45 PM
coupe_20vt
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kingofturds
I can always remember seeing my vectra 2.5 sri go whizzing past me when I was returning from town to collect it a few years back, apparently they were testing the brakes
I had the same when I'd taken my Coupe into Nationwide for a new tyre. Saw it tear past me at a rate of knots as I was returning to pick it up

I arrived back at the garage before the test pilot and his mate returned. I asked the manager where my car was and he said outside. When I pointed out I'd just seen it having the crap raped out of it he denied it had left the forecourt. I asked him to accompany me outside just to see it re-appear on 2 wheels into the carpark.

After many letters to head office a visit from the police, he was sacked and the 2 lads were charged and convicted with taking a car without the owners permission. I got £500 compensation.

Obviously this pales into insignificance to the OP.

RIP little man
Old 21 January 2011, 01:53 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by coupe_20vt
I had the same when I'd taken my Coupe into Nationwide for a new tyre. Saw it tear past me at a rate of knots as I was returning to pick it up

I arrived back at the garage before the test pilot and his mate returned. I asked the manager where my car was and he said outside. When I pointed out I'd just seen it having the crap raped out of it he denied it had left the forecourt. I asked him to accompany me outside just to see it re-appear on 2 wheels into the carpark.

After many letters to head office a visit from the police, he was sacked and the 2 lads were charged and convicted with taking a car without the owners permission. I got £500 compensation.

Obviously this pales into insignificance to the OP.

RIP little man

Damn I got palmed off with an oil change, I understand if they have changed the brakes they may need to test them. but not flying down the road at 50mph.
Old 21 January 2011, 02:46 PM
Nutzz
Scooby Regular

Unfortunately it was only a matter of time before something bad would happen,
My symphony goes out to the families who lost a love one in this tragedy.

Kwick Fit employees sometimes road test (as they call it) customer cars, it all depends on what work is being done to the car. I used to deliver car parts to Kwick Fit and have seen some of them ragging cars on a road test. One of them almost caused me to have an accident when he flew round the bed of a road which only fit one car through making me take evasive action in a LWB tranist, he was follow by another one of his co-workers in a another customer car.

I sometimes take my car to the Kwick Fit I know to sort out minor stuff or use there ramp but never nothing major. It was funny when I took the missues Clio in there for a cheap MOT (cost me £20)and he was going to fail it on the headlight alignment and then when he realised who I was he adjusted and passed it...................
Old 21 January 2011, 03:16 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Poor lad rip.

Strange that the passenger was bailed for a hearing as well, that almost guarantees the driver is going to prison.
Old 21 January 2011, 03:39 PM
mattvortex
Scooby Regular

I thought the only people who used these useless ***** were retards with crap old cars or someone who just arrived from outer space and knew no better.

Surely anyone with half a brain would stay well clear of these sort of places. ( they get negative press all the time).
Old 21 January 2011, 03:56 PM
Guy B
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mattvortex
I thought the only people who used these useless ***** were retards with crap old cars or someone who just arrived from outer space and knew no better.

Surely anyone with half a brain would stay well clear of these sort of places. ( they get negative press all the time).
Nice one Mr 'lets tar everone with the same brush'. I think you will find that most people that work there are nice blokes, it only takes one or two ***** to do something as stupid at this and it gives everyone a bad name. (No, before you ask I dont work for quik fit)

Thoughts with this poor boys family
Old 21 January 2011, 04:06 PM
Nutzz
Scooby Regular

I totally agree with you Guy B, a lot of the guys I meet there were great, not saying I would take my car there as a punter, but the company politics suck making people pay for work that is not needed, it is not the employees fault.

But in the case of this incident that employee is now going to feel what it is like to have his freedom taken away from him.
Old 21 January 2011, 04:08 PM
mattvortex
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Guy B
Nice one Mr 'lets tar everone with the same brush'. I think you will find that most people that work there are nice blokes, it only takes one or two ***** to do something as stupid at this and it gives everyone a bad name. (No, before you ask I dont work for quik fit)

Thoughts with this poor boys family

Apologies as didnt read the whole post- thought it was a general knock of them. Of course thats terrible news and such a waste

My post was entirely concerned with mine and friends experience of there "service".
Old 21 January 2011, 04:30 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took my Manta in to a garage and waitied for a lift only to see two yobs get in it to take it round the back, tyres smoking all the way.

garages should only test drive cars when they absolutely need to, not for fun and then, within speed limits.
Old 21 January 2011, 06:49 PM
Guy B
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mattvortex
Apologies as didnt read the whole post- thought it was a general knock of them. Of course thats terrible news and such a waste

My post was entirely concerned with mine and friends experience of there "service".
No worries fella
Old 21 January 2011, 06:50 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

When i first started work, there was a local valeting place near to us, a punter dropped of his very expensive sports car, (audi i think) for a valet.
It was an auto btw

The next i heard, was my mate who worked next door to the valet place calling me and telling me to come over.

Turns out one of the young lads was lighting up the back end on the damp floor, ( auto remember) . basically he was putting it into drive and kicking down. the car would then spin the rear wheels, .

On this occasion, he went a bit to far, and the car got a bit of grip. and shot forward. the young lad panicked, and stamped on the brake, but missed and hit the accelerator.

The next thing to meet that car was a concrete covered steel support girder!

The young lad hit the windscreen. Concussion and a trip to hospital in an ambulance. The car was still embedded in the girder,and the valet company boss, had to phone the owner and tell him of the incident!

Suffice to say the young lad didnt take up a career in valeting

Mart
Old 22 January 2011, 12:10 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Thats a terrible thing to happen. Totally irresponsible action by those fitters of course. I hope they get well and truly hammered for killing that lad.

Les